Hartal Bhasma is an Ayurvedic medicine, prepared from Orpiment (Arsenic Tri Oxide). It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of Syphilis, Gout, herpes etc. This medicine should only be taken strictly under medical supervision.
Hartal Bhasma Uses:
- It is pungent, unctuous, astringent, and hot in nature.
- It is useful in skin diseases with itching, cough, cold, bronchitis, asthma, syphilis, sinus, boils etc.
Effect on Tridosha – Balances Kapha and Pitta.
Chemical composition: As2S3
Haratala Bhasma dosage:
31.25 – 125 mg once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is usually administered along with honey or butter.
Patient is advised to take only cow milk with rice, during treatment with this medicine.
Haratala Bhasma side effects:
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- This medicine is best avoided during pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Over-dosage may cause sever poisonous effect.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Haratal Bhasma preparation, ingredients, how to make:
It is prepared from purified Haratal. There are many different methods of preparation. Any one method can be used. Here is one such method.
Purified Haratala is ground with thick decoction (Kashaya) of Palasha moola (root of Butea monosperma), made into disc shaped cakes, dried and heated in absence of air in 300 – 400 degree Celsius. This process is repeated for 12 times to obtain Bhasma (Calx).
Reference: Rasaratnasamucchaya 3/74-75
Manufacturers: Divya Pharmacy, Dabur, Baidyanath, Shree Dhootapapeshwar Ltd