Mukta Sukti Bhasma is an Ayurvedic medicine prepared from Pearl Oyster. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of abdominal colic, gastritis, anorexia, etc. This medicine should only be taken strictly under medical supervision.
Mukta Sukti Bhasma Uses:
- It relieves abdominal colic, gastritis, hyperacidity, useful in treating cardiac diseases, urinary calculi, splenomegaly.
- It is sweet in taste and qualities.
Effect on Tridosha – Balances Kapha and Pitta.
Mukta Sukti Bhasm dosage:
125 – 250 mg once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with honey, butter, milk, ghee.
Mukta Shukti Bhasma side effects:
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- Over-dosage may cause severe side effects.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Mukta Sukti Bhasma preparation, ingredients, how to make:
Purified Pearl Oyster pieces are made into fine powder by grinding. It isheated in absence of air in 800 – 900 degree celsius for 2 – 3 hours. This process is repeated for three times, to get white colored Muktasukti Bhasma (Pearl oyster Calx)
Reference: Ayurveda prakasha 2/327
Research article: Marine organisms and future prospects
Manufacturers: Uma Ayurvedics pvt. Ltd. Dabur, Divya Pharmacy, Rasraj Ayurved Pharmacy
Mukthasukti Bhasma is used as a natural source of calcium and as ingredient in many proprietary Ayurvedic medicines.
Ayurvedic medicines with Muktasukti bhasm as ingredient –
Bonton capsule – Manufactured by Himalaya Drug Company, used for improving bone strength.
Femiplex Tablet – manufactured by Charak Pharmaceuticals. Femiplex Tablet is the silver coated natural vaginal astringent. It is used for the treatment of recurrent vaginitis and leucorrhoea (white discharge).
Amree plus Tablet – manufactured by Aimil Company. It is mainly used in the treatment of excessive thirst & urination and adjuvant in management of hyperglycemia diseases.