Arshonyt or Pilief Ointment is a proprietary Ayurvedic medicine manufactured by Charak Pharma. It is a cream for reducing inflammation and pain in ano-rectal disorders.
Arshonyt [Pilief] Ointment is a treatment for medical management of haemorrhoids.
Benefits of Asrhonyt [Pilief] Ointment:
- Effective & safe for long term use.
- Helps in reducing the inflammation & pain.
- Arrests bleeding.
- Reduces pile mass.
- Prevents recurrence of piles.
Ingredients of Arshonyt [Pilief] Ointment:
Each 5 g contains –
- Haridra [Curcuma longa] – 75 mg – turmeric is very potent anti microbial herb. It soothens and heals the pile mass. Being a very good anti inflammatory, turmeric brings down pain and swelling of hemorrhoids.
- Nimba [Melia azadirachta] – 200 mg – neem – disinfects the area and
- Khadira [Acacia catechu] – 200 mg – acts as an astringent. Useful to stop bleeding and disinfect the area.
- Kumari [Aloe barbadensis] – 175 mg – aloe vera – soothens and softens the pile mass
- Yastimadhu [Glycyrrhiza glabra] – 150 mg – licorice
- Washable ointment base – q.s.
Indication of Arshonyt [Pilief] Ointment:
- Internal & external hemorrhoids.
- Prevention of recurrence post-haemorrhoidectomy.
Direction for use of Pilief Ointment:
Ointment should be applied before & after each defecation or more often if required.
Apply once at bed time for painless evacuation to check bleeding.
- Prefer bland diet.
- Consumption of horse gram, barley, wheat, old rice, papaya and amalaki.
- Intake of Surana kanda is recommended.
- Develop a good toiletry habits.
- Avoid oily, fried & spicy food.
- Avoid irregular dietary habits and constipation.
- Avoid suppression of natural urges like urination & defecation.
- Avoid riding on the back of animals or sitting on hard seats.
- Avoid smoking, vegetables like potatoes & pumpkins.
Side effects of Arshonyt [Pilief] Ointment:
There are no recorded side effects with this medicine.
This product is meant only for external application.
Store in a cool dry place, in an air tight container, away from direct sunlight.
Keep out of reach and sight of children.
Presentation & Package: Lamitube of 20 g.
Shelf life or expiration date: 2 years from the date of manufacture.