Sarva Jwarahara Loha is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet or powder form. It is mainly used in the treatment of chronic fever, splenomegaly, liver diseasesetc. It contains Iron Bhasma as its main ingredient.
Sarva Jwarahara Loha Uses:
- It can be used as a source of Iron, since it contains Iron calx (Bhasma) as ingredient.
- It is used in the treatment of chronic fever, intermittent fever, splenomegaly, liver diseases.
Effect on Tridosha – Balances Pitta.
Sarva Jwarahara Loha dosage:
250 mg – 500 mg once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is usually administered along with honey, Tinospora (giloya) decoction.
How long to take?
This medicine can be safely taken for a period of upto 2-4 months.
Sarva Jwarahara Lauh side effects:
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- Accidental overdose in children may cause poisonous effects.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage may cause side effects like burning sensation in stomach.
- Pregnant ladies, lactating mothers and children should take this medicine strictly under medical supervision.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Sarva Jwarahara Lauh ingredients, how to make:
10 g fine powder of each of
Chitraka – Lead Wort (root) – Plumbago zeylanica
Haritaki – Chebulic Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia chebula
Vibhitaki – Belliric Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia bellirica
Shunti – Ginger Rhizome – Zingiber officinalis
Maricha – Black pepper – Piper nigrum
Pippali – Long pepper fruit – Piper longum
Vidanga – False black pepper – Embelia ribes
Musta – Nut grass (root) – Cyperus rotundus
Shreyasi – Scindapsus officinalis
Pippalimula – Long pepper root – Piper longum
Ushira – Khus Khus – Vetiveria zizanioides
Devadaru – Himalayan cedar (bark) – Cedrus deodara
Kiratatikta – Swertia chirata
Hrivera – Pavonia odorata
Katuki – Picrorhiza kurroa
Kantakari – Yellow berried nightshade (whole plant) – Solanum xanthcarpum
Shigru – Moringa oleifera
Yashti – Licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
Kutaja – Connessi Bark – Holarrhena antidysenterica
Loha Bhasma – Bhasma prepared from Iron – 20 g
Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali Jwara Rogadhikara 971-974