Godanti Bhasma is an Ayurvedic medicine, prepared from Gypsum. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of headache, Chronic Fever, leucorrhea etc. This medicine should only be taken strictly under medical supervision.
Godanti Bhasma Uses: It is used in the treatment of leucorrhoea, Fever due to Pitta imbalance, Chronic fever, cough, cold, asthma, anemia, chest injury, emaciation and wasting in children. It improves strength and immunity.
Effect on Tridosha - Balances Vata and Kapha.
250 mg once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
It is traditionally administered along with ghee, honey milk or with sugar.
Godanti Bhasm side effects:
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- Over-dosage may cause severe side effects including gastritis, increased menstrual bleeding etc.
- It is best avoided in pregnant and lactating mothers and chidren.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Godanti Bhasm ingredients, preparation? :
Shuddha Godanti - Purified Gypsum – 100 g.
Purified Gypsum is triturated with aloe vera juice or lemon juice , thin cakes are prepared and heated in a closed container under 300 – 500 degree celcius to obtain Red coloured Godanti Bhasma.
Reference: Rasa Tarangini 11/241
Manufacturers: Divya Pharmacy, Shree Dhootapapeshwar Ltd.
Ayurvedic medicine list with Godanti Bhasma as ingredient: