Manasamitra Vatakam – Benefits, Dosage, Ingredients And Side Effects

Manasamitra Vatakam is a tablet, used in Ayurvedic treatment of psychiatric conditions, to improve intelligence, speech problems, etc. It is prepared from a combination of 73 ingredients. This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision. This medicine is formulated based on Kerala Ayurveda principles.

Manasamitra tablet uses: It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of depression and psychosis.
It is used in children to improve brain functions, memory and concentration, in diseases like autism.
It is used to treat epilepsy, seizures and mania.
It is also used in poison treatment.
There are many research articles written on this medicine to prove its efficacy as a neuro protective medicine.

Doctors also prescribe this for the treatment of
Adult autism
Insomnia
Schizophrenia
paranoia

Effect on Tridosha – balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha.

Manasamitra Vati dosage: 1 – 2 tablets once or twice a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally given along with milk.

Adjuvants:

Warm cow’s milk or Brahmi gritham or Mahakalyanaka gritham, Saraswatha gritham.

How long to use?

It can be used for a period of  6 months to one year or even longer, based on your doctor’s advice.

Manasamitra Gulika side effects:
It should be used only under medical supervision. Over dosage may cause burning sensation in stomach.
Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in cool dry place.

Over-dosage- A dose of 6 tablets per day  has caused palpitation and stomach burning sensation in a patient (see in the comment section below).

Manasamitra Vatakam ingredients, how to make:
10 g of each of
Rasna – Pluchea lanceolata / Vanda roxburghi
Rajata Bhasma – Bhasma of silver
Shilajatu – Asphaltum
Gojihva – Onosma bracteatum
Padmakeshara – Lotus – Nelumbium speciosum
Jivaka –  Malaxis acuminata
Rishabhaka – Manilkara hexandra (Roxb.) Dubard / Mimusoops hexandra Roxb.
Kakoli – Fritillaria roylei
Kshira Kakoli – Roscoea purpurea
Brihati – Indian Nightshade (root) – Solanum indicum
Kantakari – Yellow berried nightshade (whole plant) – Solanum xanthcarpum
Shravani, Mahashravani – Sphaeranthus indicus
Bhunimba – The Creat (whole plant) – Andrographis paniculata
Kritamala – Cassia fistula
Parushaka – Grewia asiatica
Haritaki – Chebulic Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia chebula
Vibhitaki – Belliric Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia bellirica
Amalaki – Indian gooseberry fruit – Emblica officinalis Gaertn.
Amruta – Indian Tinospora (stem) – Tinospora cordifolia
Shweta and Krishnasariva – Indian Sarsaparila – Hemidesmus indicus
Jivanti – Leptadenia reticulata
Somavalli – Sarcostemma acidum
Ashwagandha – Winter cherry/ Indian Ginseng (root) – Withania somnifera (L.) Dunal.
Nisha – Turmeric (Rhizome) – Curcuma longa

Bilva – Bael (root) – Aegle marmelos
Bala – Country mallow (root) – Sida cordifolia
Goksheera – Cow milk
Jiraka – Cumin – Cuminum cyminum
Somavalli – Sarcostemma acidum
Stanya – breast milk.

The fine powder of herbal powder mix is triturated with the liquids and a paste is prepared, which is made into tablet form, dried and preserved.

Reference of Manasamitra vadakam: Sahasrayoga Gutika prakarana 68, AFI Vol 1

Manufacturers: Kottakkal – Arya Vaidya Sala.

Some companies manufacture the same product by skipping the Swarna Bhasma (Gold) ingredient.

Expiry date: Five years from the date of manufacture. Once after opening the container, it is better to empty it before an year.

The product links are affiliate. Do not follow given advice, without consulting your doctor.

Comments

1. What is the outcome of over dosage !? is there any serious problem pops up ???

• Hi Divya,
      If it is a single time over-dosage there is not very significant side effects. However on a long run, overdosage may have ill effects on liver, kidneys and brain.
      Note that this product should only be used if your doctor has prescribed, for particular limited period of time. This product can not be used for self medication.

• Hi
      I am using SLV-10 Gm and Paityantala Ras-30 Mg. Please explain the side effects and advantage.

2. Hi Hebbar,
    It is mentioned in the pack that no sexual activities permitted during course of medicine. whats the reason behind this?

• Usually, while taking the Rasayana treatment (rejuvenation treatment) and while taking medicines with heavy metal ingredients, it is advised to avoid sexual activities. The purpose is to protect Ojas (to enhance immunity). It is just a general advice. It is not a very strict rule to be followed, unless your doctor advises so.

3. Could those pills make you high?

4. hi iam tharun i need manasa mitra vatakam.which is the best company manufacturing this tablets,is dis available in AP if so where.please mail yo me

5. Here in the US, the heavy metal issue is used to scare us off Ayurvedic medicines. You mention heavy metals in this formulation. Would you please tell me what ingredient you are referring to and whether the metals are there by design or through contamination?

Should people who are less able to detoxify heavy metals avoid these?

Many thanks!

• Dear Mary,
      There are no heavy metals in Manasamitra Vatakam. But there are a few Bhasmas (Calx / microfine powder). Like Gold and Silver Bhasma (calx). They are there by design. In this particular product, it can be had my those who are less able to detoxify heavy metals.
      On a general note, a few of Ayurvedic medicines contain heavy metals like mercury by design. But the dose is very very low and they are used for a specific time period with a specific dose. An Ideal Ayurveda doctor would reveal such a fact to his patient, while prescribing.

6. Hi doctor
    im suffering from anxiety and GAD for 5 years…my docter gave me manasamitram gulika…is it same as manasamitra vataka…he gave me saraswatharistham as well…how long can i take all these in ur openeion…thank you alot

• Both are same. How long to take depends on your response to the treatment and doctor’s advice. Usually a treatment of 2 – 6 months might be required, with gradual reduction in dosage.

• Hello dr hebber , I have been suffering fr anxiety and have been getting panic attacks , my doctor has suggested me to take mentat ds , along with tagara and manasamitra I have been using them for 3 months now I feel ok but not completely recovered , would long term use of this medicine have any side affects? Also please is there a way where in I can get completely recovered?

• Dear Rammi,
          The medicines are apt for you. The dose needs to be tapered down. Please consult your Ayurveda doctor for continuous advice. I cannot judge the dose and future course of medicine based on the info given.

7. Shobha rani says:

I feel depressed. So can I take this medicine .

8. Hi,

I’m 29 years old male and I have stammering problem. When consulted a doctor at Kottakkal for stammering (He said there is no sure. I know that. Anyway to reduce anxiety), he prescribed Manasamitra and Ashtanga Ghrutham. Is it okay for me to continue these. The doctor asked me to continue these two for 3 months.

Thanks,
    Adarsh

• Hi, if your doctor has prescribed it, you can continue both for three months. Wish you all the best.

• Hi Hebber,

by the way, is it true that ayurved dose not have any remedy for stammering ?

• Ankit Singh says:

Hello Sir,
        My father is suffering from severe anxiety issues it gets really tough at times and also serious digestion disorder problems(Constipation and Hyperacidity) we are now giving him ayurvedic treatment for that. I just want to know that can he have Manasmitra Vatakam tablets for anxiety disorder as it is increasing day by day… He have lost weight in his anxiety problems… At 65 years of age is it okay to have Manasmitra vatakam treatment.
        please reply.

Ankit Singh

9. Can it be used by all age groups? It has been prescribed for 8 yrs old boy and wanted to know if it is safe?

10. prasanna (PG) says:

I took Manas Mitra vatakam for 2 months but had some side effects. Body heat seem to increase considerably and led to burining senation during urination and blood? I was on 2X tablets bed time,, had them with water. Please suggest any alternative to MMV?

11. sangeetha says:

hi doctor, my son who is 9yrs old has mild autism. can i use manasamitra vatakam for him since am using the same for pms for myself.

12. Jalil (Russian Federation) says:

Hi, I have a question.
    Is “Nagarjuna” a good brand for Manasamitra Vatakam ?
    whether there is swarna basma in “Nagarjuna” tablets?

And what about diet…
    Can I eat meat, spicy dishes, salt, drink alcohol ?
    What else is forbidden to eat ?

13. I am taking this tab at night . Will it cause any side effects if I take it with iron, folic acid n biotin…. …. My doctor prescribed it for me when I was pregnant.

14. Dear doctor, Can you treat depression and psychological issue through online?

15. Hi Sir,
    Is there is any good treatment for reactive hypoglycemia in Ayurveda

Thanks,
    Vivek Nair

16. Hello Dr Hebbar,
    Is it ok to take this medicine for more than six months at a time (even under doctor supervision). What are the long term side effects of this medicine

17. Ahmed Helal says:

Hello Dr Hebbar,

i have my son Omar have 4 and half year and still not talking up to now and one of my friends advice for me the same to help he to talk.

kindly advice if the same will help him in next period to talk and as per my friend I can give him half tablet daily in the middle of the day.

appreciate your support for the same.

18. Hey I was asked by doc to have manasamitra along with ashwaganda syrup and aja lehyam…any issues in having??

19. Prasanna (PG) says:

Dr Hebbar – I took the MMV prescription from a well known Ayurvedic doctor, not self medication !! Still it gave me some side-effect such as blood through urine, only once. Since then i stopped the dosage but then the doctor altered the prescription to Swarna Bhasma rahit(skip) and this seems to have worked? Currently I take 2 tabs at bed-time

My question is how low long should I take this medicine for UC and depression condition? ANy other precautions I need to follow?
    Please advise…

20. what are the effects MMV can have if taken by normal person? I have been suggested by Ayurvedik doctor friends to take these tablets during exams to increase concentration.
    what are its side effects? how to minimize them?
    if it helps in boosting academic performance, what are Pathya to be followed?

• I would not recommend this for a normal person to take it to increase concentration. Something like Brahmi ghrita – 5 – 10 drops everyday, followed by hot water, in the morning, after food, for one month looks a safer better choice.

21. Hello Doctor, some years back i took the medicine Flutee(brand name) for headache caused by anxiety and depression for six months on the advice of a neuro-surgeon. The problem has cropped up again. Can i take MMV on my own?

22. Can MMV recommended for a 86 year old woman? My friend is recommending this for her short term memory condition.

• Difficult question.
      If the weight and strength of the lady is good, then half – one tablet can be administered. However, you need to consult an Ayurveda doctor directly before taking this medicine.

23. is nagarjuna a good company fr manasmitra vatakam!?

24. hanmanthrao.k.panthulu says:

can..u..sugest..any.bestmedicine.fr.parkinsons.campavaata

25. ambuj kumar says:

is amrita drugs is standard company for manasamitra vatakam and where I can buy arya vaidya sala manasmitra vatakam medicine . because in north india no ayurvedic medicine shop can sell this product . pls reply as soon as possible

• There is an avp shop in karol bagh and also a kottakal shop in karol bagh delhi. Not sure where in northindia u r from or order online at ayurvedaforall.com

26. Sir I m prescribed with this tablet along with a combination of ashwagandharishtam balarishtam anddasamoollaristam for anxiety but I feel anxious through out the day

27. I had my share of worst with going for benzodiazepines , they gave quick instant reliefs. But actually we are embracing the DEVIL in order to escape from the demon.
    lorazepam – Whenever i hear the name…not anxiety :)…. my heart will race at 300 bpm.
    My immediate concern was not about anxiety but to quite these DRUG!!!. I Know its not real…a fake world…it will built for your ….esteem, confidence, will power…But the moment you step about from this drug its all Gone…Comes the worst nightmare…side effects. (light flashing in eyes , Feels like head is exploding off , Numbs, Dizziness , || anxiety attack was mild considering these)
    The amount i suffered with the drug…Finally in-order to withdraw i had to go a roller coster ride for 2 months Nexito, Feliz, Oresta…etc . After finally escaped…. 🙂

But discovered a TRUE Medicine..im now out of anxiety..YES OUT OF ANXIETY…No Drug , Therapy etc
    Thanks to the great saints, Legacy s called Ayurveda
    MANASAMITHRA VADAKOM

• Thanks for sharing your experience. But I suggest readers to consult an Ayurveda doctor directly, rather than self medicating with this (or any other medicine for depression / anxiety).

• I would really need few inputs.
      May I know how much time it took for you to go out of anxiety, How was your doses? You were patient of GAD or SAD? Have you stopped Manasmitra Vati now?

28. is Imis a good company for MMV?

29. Hello Dr Hebbar, I was told to take Manasamitra Vatakam by a Dr in India who said it would be fine to take it with my Anti-depressants. I’ve noticed I have become more anxious than usual so am wondering should I take it at night instead of the morning?

30. toutirais says:

Bonjour monsieur,voila j’ai acheté sur le site ayuvedaforall.com le médicament Manasamitra Vatakam que m’a prescrit mon médecin .Seulement le médicament que j’ai recu contient 53 ingrédients alors que celui indiqué sur le site et que j’ai commande en contient normalement 73 ingréédients.Il vient de la fabrique “Vaidyaratnammooss.com.la connaissez vous?Pouvez vous m’indiquer ou je puisse commander le vrai médicament de 73 ingrédients s’il vous plait.C’est trés important pour moi.J’habite en france et suis obliger de passer par internet.Merci de me répondre
    Cordialement.
    Mme Toutirais Josiane.

• Bonjour,
      Vaidyaratnammooss.com est une très bonne compagnie. Ils pourraient tout simplement ont sauté de mentionner tous les ingrédients en raison de manque d’espace. Je vous suggère de continuer à l’utiliser. La prochaine fois, s’il vous plaît acheter des médicaments de indiaabundance.com je les connais personnellement et sont très bons, des gens d’un esprit de service.

31. Girish Agarwal says:

Whether Manasmithram Gulika by Vaidyratnam oushadhashala (based on Ashtangahridayam) is equivalent in effect to Manasmitravatakam by kotakkal. I have been prescribed Manasmitravatakam by ayurvedic doctor for anxiety/depression.Vaidyaratnam was locally available.If there is qualitative difference I will definitely prefer better one.Please advise. Thanks and regards Girish Agarwal Haridwar

32. nirmal arora says:

Hi my veena has been suffering from anxiety and there is lot of hatred developed for me and people she dislikes. She is using abusive language and her husband is her worst enemy. She cannot forget her past and brings everytime she is agitated. Please advise ilif this medicine manasamitravatakam is good for her

33. Hello Doctor, I have beem prescribed Brahmi vati, sutshekhar ras and manasmitra vatakam along with other Arishtas for 3 months. After taking for about 20 days , i have a sulking feeling with shivering body and sleep all the time. Can this be caused by mmv . My doubt is for mmv because when my mother was taking mmv she got these things and once she stopped it she was okay. Though the ayurvesic doctor refuses to believe that it is because ofmmv only. I m takind 2 tablets twice in a day

• It could be due to Sutshekhar ras or Mmv. But both are very efficacious medicines, when used under doctor’s supervision. Better to stop them or at least reduce the dose.

34. pranathi says:

can I take mmv along with antidepressant .I am suffering from anxiety neurosis

35. My daughter has been diagnosed with autism. A doctor prescribed manasamitra vatakam to begin from May. Once started, within how long can we expect to see a difference?

36. Hi sir,my daughter aged 5 who has speech delay and cp has been prescribed saraswathi gritam (2 spoon) morning and saraswathi arishtam 10 ml and mmv 1 tablet mixed in evening and 10 ml saraswathi arishtam again at night.
    Pls give your opinion.

37. Sir please throw some light on Mamsyadi Kwatha.

Immense thanks for your work.

38. Is it safe to give manasamitravadakam to my 2.5 year old son who has speech delay and attention problem. My doctor had already prescribed this.

39. Sir i’m using nagarjuna manasamitra vattakam frm 2 months, i’m addict to smoking frm past 5years, it cause any effects? I hve lack of concentration, i cnt concentrate to anything more tham 2mins plz help me sir

40. Purushottam ghimire says:

Hello Namaskar Dr.
    How long can we preserve Moti bhasma, subarna maalati basanta ras, silajeet ? I have 35 years old products. Are they usable now ?

41. Sir are there any AVN ayurvedic medicine shop in Kolkata

42. DR Normally how many days Manasa mithra vataka need to use to get result???

43. Lakshmi says:

Sir, my son is 3 years old. He has a symptoms of autism, doctor prescribed this tablet along with Saraswataristam and Vache powder for 6 months. Is it safe to use this tablet for 6 months? Please advice. Thank you.

44. Dear Dr JV Hebbar,

Your website is very helpful and informative.The question we have is how to choose
    an Ayurveda doctor in our area,since there are so many?We live in Toronto Canada,
    but could go also to USA.

Thank you very much!

Tony

45. Prasanna.K says:

Sir,
    I have suffering from sleeping trouble last 6 months. I have some stress and anxiety issues as well. I have been prescribed with MMV, aswagandharistam, paratharishtam. Will it help me for sleep trouble. I had last 2 weeks. Very little improvement. Do i need to increase the dosage?. Please guide if i need to any other medicine. -Prasanna.K

46. bharath vaddi says:

my doctor has prescribed Manasamitra vatakam for severe anxiety. the dosage was 2-2-2 and after 4 days, I have palpiatations and stomach burning.Can I reduce the dosage to 1 tablet per day myself?

• Hi, it is better to reduce to dose to only one tablet at night after food, in your case. You can continue it for 1 – 2 months and consult your Ayurveda doctor for further course of treatment.

47. Hi Doctor,
    I am taking Manasamitram gulika from the last 7days by the advice of ayurvadic doctor. Now today I have vomiting and after that blood has come out a little bit. Is it OK to continue this medicine.

• Hi, as you may have gone through side effects of manasamitra vatakam, overdose may cause severe gastic irritation and bleeding in gastrum also. So, it is better to consult your doctor at the earliest and confirm the dosage you have taken is right.

48. ASHWINI HEBBAR says:

Hello Sir,i,m ashwini hebbar..sir mujhe 3saal se neend ki takleef he.or pet ki bhi takleef he.pet to hamesha kharab rehetha he.or neend ka sub se bada problem he.sir full night ek min bhi neend nahi ati.kya karu samhaj me nahi ata.din bhar isi ki chinta padi reheti he.plz me konsi medicine le sakti hoo.sir plz

• hello, aapke dono problems ek dusre se related hai. dononka agar teek tharah se samadhan huva tho accha hai. sirf yehi ek medicine aapke liye kafi nahi hoga. aur bhi davaye hai jo aapke kaam aasakthe hai jiske liye aapko apne nazdeeki Ayurvedic doctor se milna hoga. aur ek baath, davayiyonke saath aap apne khaane-peene ke habit me control rakhna chahiye aur thoda bahuth yoga, pranayama, dhyana kare tho bahuth behthar hoga.

49. Gud eve Dr hebbar
    I am serving officer….taking manasmitra vatkm for hyper anxiety….. Allopathic docs strictly against aurvedic medicine for such issues…. They have doubts about their efficacy and credibility…. Can you pl guide tht ths problem vl b completely cured vth ths med…. I m after havg tried oll allopathic meds…. Vth lot of faith n how can I consult you

50. Hi doctor,
    I have been taking mv 2 tablets per day as per my doctors prescription.I started taking these for anxiety. The anxiety has not reduced. I have multiple sclerosis.am not sure whether to continue or not? How do I know mv is working?

• it will work, but if you want to know how much please get beck to the doctor who prescribed because he might know your history well and can recognise how much it has worked and decide whether to continue or not.

51. kalaivanan says:

Hi Dr.

1,I have OCD , and panic disorder and ADHD , and am now taking MMV and saraswatharista for the past one month however my anxiety reduced but stil panic problem and attention fluctuation and ocd is still there ,

2, can i take mentat along with this medicine,(my doctor before advised if u want u can take )

3, is it possible to cure all my ocd and ADHD panic and mental disorders with ayurvedic medicine if i continue for long time ..

• hi,
      you can take mentat along with after consulting your Ayurvedic doctor again.
      you can surely get very good results but can not assure you complete cure unless we analyse your condition personally.

52. Good Evening Sir
    I m diabetic in first stage. Can Manamitra Vataka is advisable in such dieses also?
    AM

53. Hello Sir ,

My father ( 72 years ) is allopathic treatment for anxiety disorder related depression for last 15 years. It was under control so far with this medication. For last two months the anxiety has shoot up , its taking time to respond with allopathic medication.

Also with the anxiety level shooting up , if something comes to his mind that is required to be done , he is becoming too stubborn to do it. His medicine requirement for clonazepam was increased to 1.5 mg from 0.75 mg apart from other medications.

I met with an Ayurvedic doctor who has prescribed , Mansa Mitra Vatkam (DS ) make Amrita Drugs – 1-0-1 for a month…I have the following questions ..

Is it safe to use MMV with allopathic drugs ?
    How long is it safe to use ?
    Once we stop using it , will the anxiety come back again ?
    Do we have to repeat the dose any prescribed timelines ?
    My father has constipation problem , wud it have any impact ?
    Since it has iron and gold …wud this heavy metal have any adverse impact on health ?

regards
    Binaya

• hello…,
      yes it is safe to use MMV along with allopathic drugs noted that allopathic drugs should be gradually tapered which are meant for anxiety.
      it can be used 6 months to 1 year, or even more based on doctor’s prescription.
      no, it may not recur again, but it is also to be stopped by tapering the dose not all of a sudden.
      repetition depends on the condition of the patient which is to be decided by the treating Ayurvedic doctor.
      it doesn’t worsen constipation.
      iron, gold and other heavy metals are present in a very minute and in purified form. they are meant to treat not to affect adversely.

• I started the dose for my father from today morning …his anxiety level seems to have picked up a bit..sud I change it to night only ..or is it just a coincidence …can this medicine be taken in the evening instead of night , just to avoid too many medicines in the night ….also wanted to know , how many days it generally takes to show up result…do u think I sud look at any other medicine along with me to address anxiety related disorder …is the any precautions to be taken while taking MMV?

54. Prashanth says:

Hello, I am suffering from Schizophrenia and anxiety. I am on antidepressants and antipsychotics. I consulted an ayurvedic doctor and she prescribed MMV. Can I combine both MMV and allopathic medicine. Please let me know. Thanks.

55. Dr Shishira, namaste! Is there any problem for woman during lactation of a 6 month old baby to use 1 pill of MAV by day? Thanks!

• namaste…, it is better to avoid it during lactation since milk secretion will hamper because of its hot potency. and it is always taken under the guidance of an Ayurveda doctor who has thoroughly analysed your body nature and condition.

56. Hi Dr. Janardhana Hebbar,

I am Ragavendraprasad.C, a male, married and aged 31, a resident of chennai suffering with Obsesive Compulsive Disorder from the age of 10.

I am also suffering from constipation problem as a side effect of the alopathy medicines I am taking. I have faced a situation of panic attack and hypomania in February 2015.

Some Symptoms I am facing currently are,

1. Contamination type of OCD.
    2. Checking the gas for several times for it to be off.
    3. Reassurance seeking.
    4. Obsessive Thoughts.

Alopathy medicines I am taking currently are,

Clonil 75 mg 1 – 0 -2 ( 225 mg per day)
    Prestiq 50 mg 0 – 0 – 1 per day
    Zipsydon 80 mg 0 – 0 – 1 per day

Ayurvedic Medicines I am taking are,

Chiruvilwadi kashayam 15ml with 60 ml of boiled water with a pinch of Rock Salt and one teaspoon of sukhavirechana Choornam in the morning.

Mrudweekadi Kashayam 15 ml with 60 ml boiled water with half a teaspoon of sugar ( as per doctor’s advise as I didn’t get fried paddy, which the doctor suggested) at 5 : 30 pm

Durlabhharistam 30 ml with 30 ml boiled and cooled water one manasa mitram gulika in the night.

For external applications : Madhuyastyadi tailam for head application, shudhabala tailam for body application.

Please help me to have a direct personal appointment with you in your clinic and if that is not possible please let me know and I will mail you all my symptoms so that you can advise me with the ayurvedic medications. As I found from the internet that the majority of the ayurvedic medicines I am taking are to treat my constipation problem which I have and for piles problem, which I don’t have.

One of my friend who is a doctor has said that there would be metal mixed with the ayurvedic medicines and it would cause serious damage to the liver and kidneys. Is it so ?

Also I request you to give me the contact details of some good Ayurvedic Doctors in Chennai as I am not able to find a genuine ayurvedic doctor in Chennai, whom I can meet personally and get advise on the Ayurvedic medicines which you suggest me to take.

57. k d patra says:

Is there any treatment for Lipoma without surgery

58. Hi I am aadhar Indian boy suffering from sevevere ocd pl help

59. Dalmatiner Hans says:

Hr. Hans ( 65 Jahre alt) sagt/fragt:

Ist Maanasamithra Vatakam, 1-2 Stück täglich, ein Problem für Sex / Erektion ???

60. Hi dr,Is there any withdrawal effect if we suddenly stop this medicine

61. Is this works for schizophernia patients?

62. Hello dr. Is Manasamitra Vatakam available in Nairobi.

63. Amrita manasamitra vatakam is a good brand.

64. Hello Doctor,

I am taking citalopram 40mg in the night for depression. My ayurveda doctor has given me Manasamitra vadakam daily one at night before slee, from kottakal.

1) can I take them both at the same time?
    2) the doctor has not mentioned about tapering the dose but has given me 30tablets to take. Should Manasamitra vadakam be tapered down slowly like alopathic psychotropics or can they be stopped after my dosage?

Your blog is AMAZING doctor and the service you provide by replying to questions is really great. Thank you, thank you.

K

• Hi, you can take both at the same time. But ideally 30 minutes gap, first citalopram and then Manasamitracan be taken.
      The manasamitra tablet can be taken for 2 – 3 months of time, and only then the tapering down can start, in your case.
      Thanks for your kind words of appreciation.

65. i have a spasm around rear of my ear since 5years i m trying clonozepam as i have a very disturbed sleep pattern kindly advise

66. Mentat ds or saraswatarista which is better for severe anxiety and depression.

67. Dear Sir,
    Which is better Mentat tablets or bhrami gritham or sarawatharistam?

For frequent forgetfulness, difficulty in recollecting things, losing synchronization between thinking and speaking – thus requiring careful slow talk syncing thought and speech, anger, nervousness and tremors while in anger, stammering while anxious or nervous, stammering while trying to speak fastly.

Thank you.

68. syedanjum jafri says:

Sir u have quoted on swarna bhasma page that bael should not be taken with it.this med has both of them is it ok

69. Hi Doctor,

1) Must one abstain from masturbation/sexual intercourse when taking manasamitra vatakam for the medicine to take effect?

2) Are there specific timings when Manasamitra Vatakam must be consumed like during sunrise in the morning or can we take anytime in the morning (eg 9am)?

Thanks,
    Eric

70. Sir, my quotable doctor has prescribed manasamitra vatakam (night), brahmi (morning) and Suvarnamuktadi gulika (thrice a day after food) for my anxiety problem, for 15 days.

I am already seeing improvements in my anxiety and energy levels.

Could you please explain the benefits and composition of Suvarnamuktadi gulika? I can read about manasamitra and brahmi in your site, but can’t find any reference to Suvarnamuktadi gulika anywhere on the net….

Thank you.

• Will write about it shortly

• Thank you sir. May I also request you to write about how to treat anxiety attacks holistically? I am 43, and my kottakkal (it autocorrected as quotable in the previous comment of mine !) consultant said that this is very common because of pre-menopausal hormonal imbalance.
        I find his medications helpful (brahmi, manasamitra vatakam + Suvarnamuktadi gulika) but I am very uneasy that if I stopped taking them I would go back to anxiety, or if I would develop resistance to them. Last year, I took a 3 month treatment, and it helped for almost a year, until the anxiety relapsed this year.

71. DR Hebbar is the best . thanks DR

72. MANASAMITHRA VATAKAM GULIKA is this the same what Manasamitra Vatakam ? if not , what the difference.? my 7 years old with mild autism has got prescribed this from Ayurveda Dr . but I just read that you recomending Saraswatarishta and Brahmi Ghrita. Can he take 2 of those instead of MANASAMITHRA VATAKAM GULIKA?
    You block Dr is just amazing . Thanks for all you replays and helps , I think we all here are very appreciate to be look for advice and have chance to chat with You. Namaste .

• Hi, MANASAMITHRA VATAKAM GULIKA and Manasamitra Vatakam – both are same.
      Please ignore my suggestions and please go ahead with your consulting doctor’s prescription.
      Thanks for your kind words of appreciation.

73. Shailesh Lotlikar says:

What is difference between manasamitra gulika tablet & sarswatarishta with gold ?

• Manasamitra is commonly used in treating depression, psychiatric conditions etc. Saraswatarishta is also used in depression but is more popular as a brain tonic, suitable for all ages.

74. Hi Doctor,
    I have been diagnosed with generalised anxiety disorder. Been about 5 years and I am now thinking about medication. My doctor has prescribed manasmitra vati
    I am finding good relief. I just have one question , will my anxiety come back as soon as I stop this medication? Or does it cure the problem

Regards

75. Shekhar singh says:

Hello Dr, can you please suggest a good Ayurvedic doctor in Mumbai.
    Warm regards
    Shekhar

• Dr Krishnan Pisharady – Phone number – 9222205271
      He practices in
      Virar, west,
      Goregaon West
      Andheri west, Mumbai
      Jiva Ayurveda Ayurvedic Hospital
      Address: 306, 3rd Floor, Royal Plaza, Link Road, Phase D, Shastri Nagar, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400053 Phone:077188 12994
      Jiva Ayurvedic Clinic

Address: Flat No.2,Ground Floor, Krishna Kunj, Road No.3,Ashok Nagar ,kandivali East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400101
      Phone:022 2846 4209

AVN Arogya Center
      B-108, Janak Deep,
      7 Bungalows, J.P.Road,
      Andheri (W), Mumbai – 400 061.
      Ph : 022-26359458, 26351471.
      EMail : andheri@avnarogya.in

Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala
      Branches –
      1. 242, Ashar Villa, Sion East
      Tamil Sangam Rd, Sion Koliwada, Agarwada Colony, Sion, Mumbai, Maharashtra
      022 2401 6879
      2. No. 25, Vijaya House, Station Road, Vikhroli West, Mumbai – 400083
      022 2577 1423
      3. 1st Floor, Lakeside Bldg, IIT Main Gate
      Shankaracharya Rd, Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra

76. hi Dr , where are you available for a visit ? are you in Bangalore .

• Hi, I am not available for direct consultation.
      These are the good Ayurvedic doctors in Bangalore, that I know personally.
      Please visit any one among them.

Dr Raghuram BAMS MD (Ayu) – Uttarahalli – 9480071422 – call to fix appointment and to get the address.

Dr Mamta Bhagwat BAMS MD (Ayu)
      She practices as consultatnt in
      Isro Layout,
      JP Nagar and
      Banashankari 3rd stage. –
      call to book appointment – 9448174842

AyurVAID Hospital, Domlur
      # 230, Amarjyothi Layout, Off Intermediate Ring Road, Near Dell India/Millennium Motors, Domlur Extension, Bangalore – 560071, Karnataka
      Phone: +91 80 4092 5555, +91 80 4092 6666
      Fax: +91 80 4092 4444
      2. Ayurvaid at Ramamurthy nagar. – I do not know the exact address. Please call the above number and inquire.

Dr Rahul Sharma
      Ekam Ayurveda
      08041221777
      No.404,2nd Block, 4th G Main,Hrbr Layout, Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore – 560043, Near Indane Gas Agency

Arogya Ayurvedic Center, Marthahalli
      Arogya Ayurvedic Centre
      Gloden pebbles, Plot 33 & 34, Gulmohar Avenue,
      Munnekulala, (near marthahalli bridge),
      Bangalore – 560 037
      Tel: 080 – 41750389
      Email: marthahalli@avnarogya.in

5. Dr Shweta A Honnungar.B.A.M.S, MD(AYU)
      Ayurvedic Physcican and Panchakarma Specialist
      Dr. Shwetha will be available from 9.30 to 12.30 (all working days).
      Evening 4 to 8PM on (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
      & 4 to 6.30 PM (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday) Her Clinic contact: 9480748861

LOTUS AYUR CARE
      Ayurveda Hospital
      ‘KEDAR’, #120, 4th main road,Opp to Adishwar Show room,
      Ganganagar,Bangalore-32.
      Contact:
      Hospital: 080-23545599
      Mobile:8105136482
      shwetaah31@gmail.com, enquiry@lotusayurcare.in

Dr. A. Pambavasan of Kottakal Arya Vaidyasala in Malleshwaram. https://www.practo.com/bangalore/clinic/kottakkal-arya-vaidya-sala-malleswaram-malleswaram#doctors
      3. Dr. Hari Venkatesh.K.R.
      Arudra Ayurveda,
      2nd Cross, KV Pai Layout,
      Konanakunte, Bangalore – 62
      (Near Silicon City Public School)
      timing: 6.30PM to 8 PM (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday)
      Mobile: 9590574495
      Email: ayurharivenkatesh@gmail.com

• Shekhar singh says:

Hello Dr, please tell some good ayuvedic doctors in Mumbai.

• Here are a few good Ayurvedic doctors / centers in Mumbai –
          Please call and confirm appointment before going to any one.

Dr Krishnan Pisharady – Phone number – 9222205271
          He practices in
          Virar, west,
          Goregaon West
          Andheri west, Mumbai
          Jiva Ayurveda Ayurvedic Hospital
          Jiva Ayurvedic Clinic

Phone:022 2846 4209

AVN Arogya Center
          B-108, Janak Deep,
          7 Bungalows, J.P.Road,
          Andheri (W), Mumbai – 400 061.
          Ph : 022-26359458, 26351471.
          EMail : andheri@avnarogya.in

Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala
          Branches –
          1. 242, Ashar Villa, Sion East
          Tamil Sangam Rd, Sion Koliwada, Agarwada Colony, Sion, Mumbai, Maharashtra
          022 2401 6879
          2. No. 25, Vijaya House, Station Road, Vikhroli West, Mumbai – 400083
          022 2577 1423
          3. 1st Floor, Lakeside Bldg, IIT Main Gate
          Shankaracharya Rd, Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra

77. Can manasamitra vatka replace clonzepam 2mg?

78. I am taking ayurvedic anti-anxiety medicines can i take allopathic treatment along this and how to take medicines….

• You can continue with this, along with allopathic medicines. Refer your doctor’s prescription for dosage. Better to maintain a gap of 30 minutes between this and the allopathic medicines. Take Allopathic medicine first, and then take this, after 30 minutes.

79. I m suffering from premature ejaculation..my docter advice me manasmiter n forplay capsule..why my docter advice mansmiter??

80. Dear Dr Hebbar,
    I was on antidepressants for little over an year (paxil 12.5) but since there was no improvement and hence I stopped it 25 days ago. I m facing bad withdrawal symptoms which include anxiety, body spasm and little weight loss. Meanwhile I also went to an ayurvedachaya and have started manasmitra vatika 001 and ashwagandharishta and saraswati rishta 15 ml x twice plus brahmi cap twice a day. How long will it take me to become normal

Rajesh

81. Dr.Hebbard,
    Thank you for your precious help to human beings.
    I suffer from anxiety and sudden pánic attacks when facing an interview or have to talk in public.My head begins aching elevating my blood pressure.
    I am taking saffron,Bacopa(Brahmi) and 001 of MV.Is it ok?How long to feel the effects?

82. can this medicine also be used for leaving the alcohol……if not plz suggest some other medicine for leaving the alcohol…

83. Venkatesh says:

Dear sir
    I am venkatesh 38 yrs oldm working in pvt firm
    from long back i am suffuring from OCD and my nature is Anxity,I was taking medicin From Physcology doctor and still i am facing problem,can i take Manasamtra vati.

84. Dear sir,

I am taking Clobazem for anxiety(especially social) and Opiprol for Depression for the last 4 years (other Allopathic medicine had also tried ) and my problem still exists and my Dr Says I have Major depressive disorder.I want to stop all allopathic drugs very gradually after having Ayurveda .

Now I had a consultation of BAMS Dr and he has given Dabur stresscom (Ashwagandha -300mg per capsule) 1-1-1 and MMV 0-0-1.What I am doubting is ,I know the Ashwagandha and MMV are good for anxiety and what about MMV and Ashwagandha for Depression; Is it really effective for Depression(major) and ‘Social’ Anxiety?

Thanks in advance
    Sumesh

85. dear sir i am suffering from ocd 3 years and now was taking allopathy and due to counsellor advise left this tab in last 4 month and facing some withdrawal symptom last week i started patanjali course 7 days before but my cousler advise me to take mansamitra she discussed with one Ayurvedic doctor for me he suggested mansamitra but when i saw review i am scare so can you suggest me what should i do or if you have any right person details who know very much in ocd so please suggest

86. Sir,

I have this acid reflux problem, i am suggested dasamoolorishtam and ashwagandharishtam 15+15 ml together with water and dhanvantara gutika. Also I have anxiety disorders, Manasamitra gulika 1 no. bed time. Pls, review my medicines.

87. Vighneshwar hebbar says:

Hi…sir I have obessive compulsive disorder problem.so I consulted ayurvedic doctor one week before and they suggested mahakalyanaka ghruta,m anasamitra various,and himasagara taila.d ear sir, how does it works on ocd? In how many days I can get re from ocd?

88. Vighneshwar hebbar says:

Hi sir, I have ocd problem since many years.Recently I met one ayurvedic doctor and he prescribed manasamitra vati and another one gruta and himasagara taila.in how many days I can get cure?

89. I HV been prescribed manasamitra vatakam of 1 tablet each morning and evening (4pm). I HV just recovered from acute liver bout of hepatitis and no stool formation for days. Is this doze OK?

90. Is it good to have manasamitravatakam only when you feel anxious and depressed instead of taking them daily. I find relief after one or two hours after taking this medicine.

• Yes, it can be taken occasionally.

• Varsha vinay says:

My patient is taking escitalopram 40 mg per day plus lithium 800mg per day and sodium valproate 600 mg.Now I want to include manasamitra vatakam one tablet per day to reduce side effects of english medicine. In that case how much escitalopram i have to reduce

• Hi, it appears that the patient has severe psychiatric symptoms. In such a situation, dropping any medicine even by half a tablet can worsen the symptoms. I would recommend including manasamitra vatakam while continuing all other medicines for 6 weeks time and then if there is very good improvements, only then I would think of cutting down on escitalopram.

91. dr sir will this medication cure or control my generalised anxiety/biolgical anxiety and if yes then in how much time?is this medication effective like allopathic ones?

92. Navyugsood says:

How much mg of manasamitra vatkam to replace clonzepam 3mg sir?

93. Dear Sir,

My husband had a cerebral haemorrhage in 2012 and he was operated. He had lost sensation on his left side. But after doing physiotherapy, he has regained 70% of the movements. He is on levipill 500 twice a day. Off late, he isolates himself and does not interact with anyone. I am not sure if it is depression as such, since we did consult a neuro psychiatrist and he has ruled out the possibility of depression. He is not on any other tablet. Can he use this medicine? Will it improve his condition?

94. Sir can I take manasmitra vati during pregnancy
    Now I have 6 month pregnancy

95. JAGANNATHAN says:

I am 60 years male. Diabetic type 2 for 25 years and taking insulin both morning and night along with some tablets. Underwent byepass surgery 4 years back. for the last 20 years I am taking Stressnil 0.5mg for anxiety and calmness. Now I feel nervousness. Otherwise I am very much fit. Nobody can guess that I underwent heart surgery. My ayurvedic doctor prescribed Manasa mitra Gutika of Imis pharmaceuticals and asked me to stop stressnil slowly. I am taking ayurvedic pills for gall bladder stone also. Please advice me since I understood that Manasa is having metals.

96. Sir,
    This medicine will be used for life long as per doctors advice.

97. I hve ADD disorder, I am taking MMV past 3 Months, still m difficult to concentrate and being attention what to do?

• For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.
      If you want my help in finding a good Ayurveda doctor for you, then let me know your place.

For email advice (not a reliable option, we do not promise any cure), please write to our health experts here (paid service) – http://easyayurveda.com/consult/

98. Brahmi tablet is useful for ADD??

• jagannathan says:

Whether manasamitra gutika and Brahmi can be taken together for patients with anxiety and depression. Already I am taking stressnil 0.5 tab 1 per day . Now I am reducing the stressnil and adding manasamitra gutika of IIms. Please advice for fat stomach. Doctors are telling that nature of insulin is creating fat stomach and waist will increase also weight gain.. Please suggest.
        Jagannathan

• Hi, Manasamitra can be taken along with brahmi.
          For further personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

99. Brahmi tablet is useful for ADD or any other??

100. Sir
    Please may I know what is the difference between manasamitra vati and manasamitra gulki.

Thanks.

101. My 3 yr old son is advised to take mmv one tablet with one tsp milk in morning for his hyper activity by the doctor…is it safe? Will it cause any depression or dullness to the child’s behaviour?

102. Which is best for alertness of mind bcz I took brahmi tablets but Itz potency is heavy heat, but I want cool potency to body, plz suggest me sir

• Brahmi capsule could be useful
      For further personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

103. Stephen says:

Sir
    My son is Autistic and we started Manasmitra Vatakam and saw some improvement in him After 4 weeks we stopped it and his behaviour again went back to same like earlier. He started the repitative actions like clapping and bitting as well. These behaviours had gone away when he was taking the Manasmitra

Pls. Advice

• Hi, your son needs it at least for 3 months time. Then reduce the dose to half for another couple of months, only then stop it.
      For further personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

104. SATYAJEET DHARMADHIKARI says:

Dr my doctor prescribed me Manas Mitra vatakam because of my anxiety. I’m a diabetic and the creatinine levels are 1.30. is it safe for me because it has metals in it. I’m taking one tablet three times a day and have been advised to take only for two weeks. Please advise. Thanks.

105. SATYAJEET DHARMADHIKARI says:

Is this tablet safe for diabetic patients with creatinine levels slightly high. For two weeks??

106. Iam taking duzela m20 for anxiety. Can I take Ayurvedic medicine (manasamitra vitakam ) and kshilabala tablets for sleep prescribed by Ayurvedic doctor along with that.would it result in any side effects taking both allopathic and Ayurvedic medicines

107. I have been taking duzlene M20(anti depressant) .But I have been prescribed manasamitravitakam,kshirabala for sleeplessness and fatigue by my ayurvedic doctor.Can I take the ayurvedic medicines along with the allopathic medicine or should I stop the allopathic medicine before I stop it.

108. Dear sir , I am suffering from anxiety,tremor ,fatigue,low concentration,absent mind ,poor memory ,head swinging, negative thoughts, abnormally loud burp, lack of harmony in mind and body ,too much thinking since last one year ,doctor of arya Vaidya Sala delhi branch has recommended manasmitra vatika and aswagandharistam twice a day after meal . As I could not go to delhi due to unavoidable circumstances , they advised the medicineover phone , can I start the medicine . My age is 40 male . Thanks for your help regards

• Yes. These medicines are useful. Please go ahead.
      For further personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

For email advice (not a reliable option, we do not promise any cure), please write to our health expert Dr Raghuram BAMS MD (Ayu), here (paid service) –

109. Mrunalini Ballal says:

Masamitra vati is it useful in adult autistic persons?

110. Sandhya rao says:

My daughter 18 yrs, has OCD (intrusive thoughts), since 3 years…..after trying allopathy treatments without any benefits we want to try ayurvedic.can we give her manasamitravatakam and kalyanaka ghrutha together….we had consulted an Ayurveda doc long time back when the symptoms were not as clear as at present. He had subscribed above treatment. She is reluctant to visit any doctor after many unsuccessful attempts. But is willing to try herbal medicine. Pl advice, once she feels at least a little better, then she may come forward to visit an ayurvedic doctor.so if she takes these medicines how long it will take to see some results, and how long can she take these medicines?

• Hi, both Manasamitra vatakam and Kalyanaka ghritha are useful. For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

111. Tejeswini says:

Hello Doctor
    Is M M Vali/vati is the same manasamitra plz reply

112. shri kant dwivedi says:

hi i am shri kant dwivedi suffering from ibs as anxiety emotion disorder can manas mittra are applicable for me

• Yes. 1 tablet at night after food can be useful.
      For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

113. Elizabeth Sunny says:

Dear Dr
    MMV if stopped abruptly after 2 months in a 22 yrs old female will lead to anxiety symptoms returning? The patient does not get her periods regularly. Will MMV affect the cycles? Will MMV cause weight gain?

114. Srinivasan says:

Dr, My doctor suggest manasamitra for my 5 yr kid….now he suggest vasu’s healthcare alert,,, now I can’t see changes in his behaviour….m wording I want to know vtr both r same…and more over want to know is it worth for kids ….

• Continue alert.
      Along with it, let the kid take Brahmi ghritham (herbal Ayurvedic ghee product) – half a teaspoon in the morning, 5 minutes before the morning drink. After this, please give half a cup of water or regular morning drink. It is really helpful to improve brain functions. Give this for four weeks
      For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

115. Praneeta says:

I have backache problem pain in hand stomachache..please recommend ayurvedic medicine.24 age

• For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

116. jassim sherfuddin says:

Hello doctor,
    i am having Anxiety and depression and memory problems.i take,

manasamithra vatakam at one tab at night.
    mentat 2*2
    Sarasatarishtam and ashwagandarishtam mixed once a day.
    Are the above meds good for my problem or should i add more. is sumenta good?
    which is better aswaganda churna or tablet?
    Pls advice.Thanks

• Hi, THe first three are good enough.
      For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

117. my panic disorder treatment has been going on for months from a vaidya. i am on sri sri Narayana kalpa, manasmitra vatkam(I took this for 6 months ..which has been stopped yesterday), my vaidya started geriforte from yesterday and i asked him that if i could take divya medha vati along with it, he said yes. now i am wondering what if divya medha vati will reduce the effect of manasmitra vatkam which i took for 6 months or can i take it with these all medicines which i mentioned above?

118. Dear doctor,

After year of meditation I gained strong pressure in head , I read that Manasamitra could help. Should I try with it?

• You can. Just 1 tablet at night after food for a month time.
      But better thing to do would be to
      1. Correct the meditation process under an able Guru.
      2. Consult a good Ayurveda specialist directly and get treated.

119. Vaibhav says:

Namaskar, I am a student living in hostel, preparing for competitive exam..it will be very kind of you if u could answer my queries.. Failure in exam and some group issues have also affected me emotionally.. I am having very poor concentration and frequently get into painful thinking cycle at the end of which i feel exhausted, emotionally spent, headache.. My exams are near so one of friend suggested me to take manasmitravatakam (emotional issue) along with brahmi vati (from exam performance point of view) . SO I had taken manasmitravatakam for 3 days along with exercise and felt better.. But when i discontinued again my mind get into trouble with slight thoughts of earlier mentioned issues if i dont consciously focus on other things or distract myself with something entertaining.. . I want to know is it bcoz i did not take medicine – does this tablet shows effect in 1-2 days (felt better when took tablet) or can it be due to other factors in those 3 days… Should I continue with it? take both or just brahmi vati? Will there be any side effect if i take them or nt take them on exam day (emotional, temperament level – from exam points of view) How should I take them?
    Sorry for the long post..

• Hi, please continue Manasamitra vatakam along with brahmi vati for at least one month time.
      For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

120. Hi Dr Hebbar,
    I have social anxiety and lacks confidence in many occasions. I have used escitalopram for 5 years(nexito plus) felt good during initial four years period. Wanted to get rid of that as the effectiveness reduced by around 5 years and consulted Ayurvedic doctor at a nearby clinic. He suggested Manasamitra vatakam, Kalyana grita for a period of 3 months. Along with this used Mentat 1 tab a day. I didn’t find any major improvement. The doctor suggested me to stop the medicine after 6 months (6 bottles of Kalyana grita) and adviced me stating that these are just thoughts in mind and I need to get rid of it. I don’t think my stage is where a normal advice can help as social anxiety and lack of confidence is true experience for me. Doctor advised to stop the medications. As the issue was still pressurising I continued with mentat for another few months. Without cure, I consulted a homeopathic doctor and is on his medication. I see only very little improvement and want to avoid long term side effects by using only Ayurveda. But none of the above except escitalopram gave me complete recovery especially during the initial period of use. Please advice.

• For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

121. Hi,

My 15 years old daughter is diagnosed having ADHD. Can manasamitra work and cure it completely? If not then can you suggest something else? How long and when to take suggested medicine?

• Hi, a cure with Manasamitra cannot be guaranteed.
      For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.