tulsi herbal dip tea 800100 banner

Manasamitra Vatakam – Benefits, Dosage, Ingredients And Side Effects

Manasamitra Vatakam is a tablet, used in Ayurvedic treatment of psychiatric conditions, to improve intelligence, speech problems, etc. It is prepared from a combination of 73 ingredients. This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision. This medicine is formulated based on Kerala Ayurveda principles.

Manasamitra tablet uses: It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of depression and psychosis.

It is used in children to improve brain functions, memory and concentration, in diseases like autism.

It is used to treat epilepsy, seizures and mania.

It is also used in poison treatment.

There are many research articles written on this medicine to prove its efficacy as a neuro protective medicine.

Effect on Tridosha – balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha.

Manasamitra Vati dosage: 1 – 2 tablets once or twice a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally given along with milk.

Adjuvants:

Warm cow’s milk or Brahmi gritham or Mahakalyanaka gritham, Saraswatha gritham.

How long to use?

It can be used for a period of  6 months to one year or even longer, based on your doctor’s advice.

Manasamitra Gulika side effects:
It should be used only under medical supervision. Over dosage may cause burning sensation in stomach.
Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in cool dry place.

Over-dosage- A dose of 6 tablets per day  has caused palpitation and stomach burning sensation in a patient (see in the comment section below).

Manasamitra Vatakam ingredients, how to make:
10 g of each of
Rasna – Pluchea lanceolata / Vanda roxburghi
Rajata Bhasma – Bhasma of silver
Shilajatu – Asphaltum
Gojihva – Onosma bracteatum
Padmakeshara – Lotus – Nelumbium speciosum
Jivaka –  Malaxis acuminata
Rishabhaka – Manilkara hexandra (Roxb.) Dubard / Mimusoops hexandra Roxb.
Kakoli – Fritillaria roylei
Kshira Kakoli – Roscoea purpurea
Brihati – Indian Nightshade (root) – Solanum indicum
Kantakari – Yellow berried nightshade (whole plant) – Solanum xanthcarpum
Shravani, Mahashravani – Sphaeranthus indicus
Bhunimba – The Creat (whole plant) – Andrographis paniculata
Kritamala – Cassia fistula
Parushaka – Grewia asiatica
Haritaki – Chebulic Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia chebula
Vibhitaki – Belliric Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia bellirica
Amalaki – Indian gooseberry fruit – Emblica officinalis Gaertn.
Amruta – Indian Tinospora (stem) – Tinospora cordifolia
Shweta and Krishnasariva – Indian Sarsaparila – Hemidesmus indicus
Jivanti – Leptadenia reticulata
Somavalli – Sarcostemma acidum
Ashwagandha – Winter cherry/ Indian Ginseng (root) – Withania somnifera (L.) Dunal.
Nisha – Turmeric (Rhizome) – Curcuma longa

Bilva – Bael (root) – Aegle marmelos
Bala – Country mallow (root) – Sida cordifolia
Goksheera – Cow milk
Jiraka – Cumin – Cuminum cyminum
Somavalli – Sarcostemma acidum
Stanya – breast milk.

The fine powder of herbal powder mix is triturated with the liquids and a paste is prepared, which is made into tablet form, dried and preserved.

Reference of Manasamitra vadakam: Sahasrayoga Gutika prakarana 68, AFI Vol 1

Manufacturers: Kottakkal – Arya Vaidya Sala.

Some companies manufacture the same product by skipping the Swarna Bhasma (Gold) ingredient.

Expiry date: Five years from the date of manufacture. Once after opening the container, it is better to empty it before an year.

Dr JV Hebbar is an Ayurveda Doctor, Lecturer, From Mangalore, India. Click here to consult Dr Hebbar

Comments

1. What is the outcome of over dosage !? is there any serious problem pops up ???

• Hi Divya,
      If it is a single time over-dosage there is not very significant side effects. However on a long run, overdosage may have ill effects on liver, kidneys and brain.
      Note that this product should only be used if your doctor has prescribed, for particular limited period of time. This product can not be used for self medication.

2. Hi Hebbar,
    It is mentioned in the pack that no sexual activities permitted during course of medicine. whats the reason behind this?

• Usually, while taking the Rasayana treatment (rejuvenation treatment) and while taking medicines with heavy metal ingredients, it is advised to avoid sexual activities. The purpose is to protect Ojas (to enhance immunity). It is just a general advice. It is not a very strict rule to be followed, unless your doctor advises so.

3. Could those pills make you high?

4. hi iam tharun i need manasa mitra vatakam.which is the best company manufacturing this tablets,is dis available in AP if so where.please mail yo me

5. Here in the US, the heavy metal issue is used to scare us off Ayurvedic medicines. You mention heavy metals in this formulation. Would you please tell me what ingredient you are referring to and whether the metals are there by design or through contamination?

Should people who are less able to detoxify heavy metals avoid these?

Many thanks!

• Dear Mary,
      There are no heavy metals in Manasamitra Vatakam. But there are a few Bhasmas (Calx / microfine powder). Like Gold and Silver Bhasma (calx). They are there by design. In this particular product, it can be had my those who are less able to detoxify heavy metals.
      On a general note, a few of Ayurvedic medicines contain heavy metals like mercury by design. But the dose is very very low and they are used for a specific time period with a specific dose. An Ideal Ayurveda doctor would reveal such a fact to his patient, while prescribing.

6. Hi doctor
    im suffering from anxiety and GAD for 5 years…my docter gave me manasamitram gulika…is it same as manasamitra vataka…he gave me saraswatharistham as well…how long can i take all these in ur openeion…thank you alot

• Both are same. How long to take depends on your response to the treatment and doctor’s advice. Usually a treatment of 2 – 6 months might be required, with gradual reduction in dosage.

• Hello dr hebber , I have been suffering fr anxiety and have been getting panic attacks , my doctor has suggested me to take mentat ds , along with tagara and manasamitra I have been using them for 3 months now I feel ok but not completely recovered , would long term use of this medicine have any side affects? Also please is there a way where in I can get completely recovered?

• Dear Rammi,
          The medicines are apt for you. The dose needs to be tapered down. Please consult your Ayurveda doctor for continuous advice. I cannot judge the dose and future course of medicine based on the info given.

7. Shobha rani says:

I feel depressed. So can I take this medicine .

8. Hi,

I’m 29 years old male and I have stammering problem. When consulted a doctor at Kottakkal for stammering (He said there is no sure. I know that. Anyway to reduce anxiety), he prescribed Manasamitra and Ashtanga Ghrutham. Is it okay for me to continue these. The doctor asked me to continue these two for 3 months.

Thanks,
    Adarsh

• Hi, if your doctor has prescribed it, you can continue both for three months. Wish you all the best.

• Hi Hebber,

by the way, is it true that ayurved dose not have any remedy for stammering ?

• Ankit Singh says:

Hello Sir,
        My father is suffering from severe anxiety issues it gets really tough at times and also serious digestion disorder problems(Constipation and Hyperacidity) we are now giving him ayurvedic treatment for that. I just want to know that can he have Manasmitra Vatakam tablets for anxiety disorder as it is increasing day by day… He have lost weight in his anxiety problems… At 65 years of age is it okay to have Manasmitra vatakam treatment.
        please reply.

Ankit Singh

9. Can it be used by all age groups? It has been prescribed for 8 yrs old boy and wanted to know if it is safe?

10. prasanna (PG) says:

I took Manas Mitra vatakam for 2 months but had some side effects. Body heat seem to increase considerably and led to burining senation during urination and blood? I was on 2X tablets bed time,, had them with water. Please suggest any alternative to MMV?

11. sangeetha says:

hi doctor, my son who is 9yrs old has mild autism. can i use manasamitra vatakam for him since am using the same for pms for myself.

12. Jalil (Russian Federation) says:

Hi, I have a question.
    Is “Nagarjuna” a good brand for Manasamitra Vatakam ?
    whether there is swarna basma in “Nagarjuna” tablets?

And what about diet…
    Can I eat meat, spicy dishes, salt, drink alcohol ?
    What else is forbidden to eat ?

13. I am taking this tab at night . Will it cause any side effects if I take it with iron, folic acid n biotin…. …. My doctor prescribed it for me when I was pregnant.

14. Dear doctor, Can you treat depression and psychological issue through online?

15. Hi Sir,
    Is there is any good treatment for reactive hypoglycemia in Ayurveda

Thanks,
    Vivek Nair

16. Hello Dr Hebbar,
    Is it ok to take this medicine for more than six months at a time (even under doctor supervision). What are the long term side effects of this medicine

17. Ahmed Helal says:

Hello Dr Hebbar,

i have my son Omar have 4 and half year and still not talking up to now and one of my friends advice for me the same to help he to talk.

kindly advice if the same will help him in next period to talk and as per my friend I can give him half tablet daily in the middle of the day.

appreciate your support for the same.

18. Hey I was asked by doc to have manasamitra along with ashwaganda syrup and aja lehyam…any issues in having??

19. Prasanna (PG) says:

Dr Hebbar – I took the MMV prescription from a well known Ayurvedic doctor, not self medication !! Still it gave me some side-effect such as blood through urine, only once. Since then i stopped the dosage but then the doctor altered the prescription to Swarna Bhasma rahit(skip) and this seems to have worked? Currently I take 2 tabs at bed-time

My question is how low long should I take this medicine for UC and depression condition? ANy other precautions I need to follow?
    Please advise…

20. what are the effects MMV can have if taken by normal person? I have been suggested by Ayurvedik doctor friends to take these tablets during exams to increase concentration.
    what are its side effects? how to minimize them?
    if it helps in boosting academic performance, what are Pathya to be followed?

• I would not recommend this for a normal person to take it to increase concentration. Something like Brahmi ghrita – 5 – 10 drops everyday, followed by hot water, in the morning, after food, for one month looks a safer better choice.

21. Hello Doctor, some years back i took the medicine Flutee(brand name) for headache caused by anxiety and depression for six months on the advice of a neuro-surgeon. The problem has cropped up again. Can i take MMV on my own?

22. Can MMV recommended for a 86 year old woman? My friend is recommending this for her short term memory condition.

• Difficult question.
      If the weight and strength of the lady is good, then half – one tablet can be administered. However, you need to consult an Ayurveda doctor directly before taking this medicine.

23. is nagarjuna a good company fr manasmitra vatakam!?

24. hanmanthrao.k.panthulu says:

can..u..sugest..any.bestmedicine.fr.parkinsons.campavaata

25. ambuj kumar says:

is amrita drugs is standard company for manasamitra vatakam and where I can buy arya vaidya sala manasmitra vatakam medicine . because in north india no ayurvedic medicine shop can sell this product . pls reply as soon as possible

• There is an avp shop in karol bagh and also a kottakal shop in karol bagh delhi. Not sure where in northindia u r from or order online at ayurvedaforall.com

26. Sir I m prescribed with this tablet along with a combination of ashwagandharishtam balarishtam anddasamoollaristam for anxiety but I feel anxious through out the day

27. I had my share of worst with going for benzodiazepines , they gave quick instant reliefs. But actually we are embracing the DEVIL in order to escape from the demon.
    lorazepam – Whenever i hear the name…not anxiety :)…. my heart will race at 300 bpm.
    My immediate concern was not about anxiety but to quite these DRUG!!!. I Know its not real…a fake world…it will built for your ….esteem, confidence, will power…But the moment you step about from this drug its all Gone…Comes the worst nightmare…side effects. (light flashing in eyes , Feels like head is exploding off , Numbs, Dizziness , || anxiety attack was mild considering these)
    The amount i suffered with the drug…Finally in-order to withdraw i had to go a roller coster ride for 2 months Nexito, Feliz, Oresta…etc . After finally escaped…. 🙂

But discovered a TRUE Medicine..im now out of anxiety..YES OUT OF ANXIETY…No Drug , Therapy etc
    Thanks to the great saints, Legacy s called Ayurveda
    MANASAMITHRA VADAKOM

• Thanks for sharing your experience. But I suggest readers to consult an Ayurveda doctor directly, rather than self medicating with this (or any other medicine for depression / anxiety).

28. is Imis a good company for MMV?

29. Hello Dr Hebbar, I was told to take Manasamitra Vatakam by a Dr in India who said it would be fine to take it with my Anti-depressants. I’ve noticed I have become more anxious than usual so am wondering should I take it at night instead of the morning?

30. toutirais says:

Bonjour monsieur,voila j’ai acheté sur le site ayuvedaforall.com le médicament Manasamitra Vatakam que m’a prescrit mon médecin .Seulement le médicament que j’ai recu contient 53 ingrédients alors que celui indiqué sur le site et que j’ai commande en contient normalement 73 ingréédients.Il vient de la fabrique “Vaidyaratnammooss.com.la connaissez vous?Pouvez vous m’indiquer ou je puisse commander le vrai médicament de 73 ingrédients s’il vous plait.C’est trés important pour moi.J’habite en france et suis obliger de passer par internet.Merci de me répondre
    Cordialement.
    Mme Toutirais Josiane.

• Bonjour,
      Vaidyaratnammooss.com est une très bonne compagnie. Ils pourraient tout simplement ont sauté de mentionner tous les ingrédients en raison de manque d’espace. Je vous suggère de continuer à l’utiliser. La prochaine fois, s’il vous plaît acheter des médicaments de indiaabundance.com je les connais personnellement et sont très bons, des gens d’un esprit de service.

31. Girish Agarwal says:

Whether Manasmithram Gulika by Vaidyratnam oushadhashala (based on Ashtangahridayam) is equivalent in effect to Manasmitravatakam by kotakkal. I have been prescribed Manasmitravatakam by ayurvedic doctor for anxiety/depression.Vaidyaratnam was locally available.If there is qualitative difference I will definitely prefer better one.Please advise. Thanks and regards Girish Agarwal Haridwar

32. nirmal arora says:

Hi my veena has been suffering from anxiety and there is lot of hatred developed for me and people she dislikes. She is using abusive language and her husband is her worst enemy. She cannot forget her past and brings everytime she is agitated. Please advise ilif this medicine manasamitravatakam is good for her

33. Hello Doctor, I have beem prescribed Brahmi vati, sutshekhar ras and manasmitra vatakam along with other Arishtas for 3 months. After taking for about 20 days , i have a sulking feeling with shivering body and sleep all the time. Can this be caused by mmv . My doubt is for mmv because when my mother was taking mmv she got these things and once she stopped it she was okay. Though the ayurvesic doctor refuses to believe that it is because ofmmv only. I m takind 2 tablets twice in a day

• It could be due to Sutshekhar ras or Mmv. But both are very efficacious medicines, when used under doctor’s supervision. Better to stop them or at least reduce the dose.

34. pranathi says:

can I take mmv along with antidepressant .I am suffering from anxiety neurosis

35. My daughter has been diagnosed with autism. A doctor prescribed manasamitra vatakam to begin from May. Once started, within how long can we expect to see a difference?

36. Hi sir,my daughter aged 5 who has speech delay and cp has been prescribed saraswathi gritam (2 spoon) morning and saraswathi arishtam 10 ml and mmv 1 tablet mixed in evening and 10 ml saraswathi arishtam again at night.
    Pls give your opinion.

37. Sir please throw some light on Mamsyadi Kwatha.

Immense thanks for your work.

38. Is it safe to give manasamitravadakam to my 2.5 year old son who has speech delay and attention problem. My doctor had already prescribed this.

39. Sir i’m using nagarjuna manasamitra vattakam frm 2 months, i’m addict to smoking frm past 5years, it cause any effects? I hve lack of concentration, i cnt concentrate to anything more tham 2mins plz help me sir

40. Purushottam ghimire says:

Hello Namaskar Dr.
    How long can we preserve Moti bhasma, subarna maalati basanta ras, silajeet ? I have 35 years old products. Are they usable now ?

41. Sir are there any AVN ayurvedic medicine shop in Kolkata

42. DR Normally how many days Manasa mithra vataka need to use to get result???

43. Lakshmi says:

Sir, my son is 3 years old. He has a symptoms of autism, doctor prescribed this tablet along with Saraswataristam and Vache powder for 6 months. Is it safe to use this tablet for 6 months? Please advice. Thank you.

44. Dear Dr JV Hebbar,

Your website is very helpful and informative.The question we have is how to choose
    an Ayurveda doctor in our area,since there are so many?We live in Toronto Canada,
    but could go also to USA.

Thank you very much!

Tony

45. Prasanna.K says:

Sir,
    I have suffering from sleeping trouble last 6 months. I have some stress and anxiety issues as well. I have been prescribed with MMV, aswagandharistam, paratharishtam. Will it help me for sleep trouble. I had last 2 weeks. Very little improvement. Do i need to increase the dosage?. Please guide if i need to any other medicine. -Prasanna.K

46. bharath vaddi says:

my doctor has prescribed Manasamitra vatakam for severe anxiety. the dosage was 2-2-2 and after 4 days, I have palpiatations and stomach burning.Can I reduce the dosage to 1 tablet per day myself?

• Hi, it is better to reduce to dose to only one tablet at night after food, in your case. You can continue it for 1 – 2 months and consult your Ayurveda doctor for further course of treatment.

47. Hi Doctor,
    I am taking Manasamitram gulika from the last 7days by the advice of ayurvadic doctor. Now today I have vomiting and after that blood has come out a little bit. Is it OK to continue this medicine.

• Hi, as you may have gone through side effects of manasamitra vatakam, overdose may cause severe gastic irritation and bleeding in gastrum also. So, it is better to consult your doctor at the earliest and confirm the dosage you have taken is right.

48. ASHWINI HEBBAR says:

Hello Sir,i,m ashwini hebbar..sir mujhe 3saal se neend ki takleef he.or pet ki bhi takleef he.pet to hamesha kharab rehetha he.or neend ka sub se bada problem he.sir full night ek min bhi neend nahi ati.kya karu samhaj me nahi ata.din bhar isi ki chinta padi reheti he.plz me konsi medicine le sakti hoo.sir plz

• hello, aapke dono problems ek dusre se related hai. dononka agar teek tharah se samadhan huva tho accha hai. sirf yehi ek medicine aapke liye kafi nahi hoga. aur bhi davaye hai jo aapke kaam aasakthe hai jiske liye aapko apne nazdeeki Ayurvedic doctor se milna hoga. aur ek baath, davayiyonke saath aap apne khaane-peene ke habit me control rakhna chahiye aur thoda bahuth yoga, pranayama, dhyana kare tho bahuth behthar hoga.

49. Gud eve Dr hebbar
    I am serving officer….taking manasmitra vatkm for hyper anxiety….. Allopathic docs strictly against aurvedic medicine for such issues…. They have doubts about their efficacy and credibility…. Can you pl guide tht ths problem vl b completely cured vth ths med…. I m after havg tried oll allopathic meds…. Vth lot of faith n how can I consult you

50. Hi doctor,
    I have been taking mv 2 tablets per day as per my doctors prescription.I started taking these for anxiety. The anxiety has not reduced. I have multiple sclerosis.am not sure whether to continue or not? How do I know mv is working?

• it will work, but if you want to know how much please get beck to the doctor who prescribed because he might know your history well and can recognise how much it has worked and decide whether to continue or not.

51. kalaivanan says:

Hi Dr.

1,I have OCD , and panic disorder and ADHD , and am now taking MMV and saraswatharista for the past one month however my anxiety reduced but stil panic problem and attention fluctuation and ocd is still there ,

2, can i take mentat along with this medicine,(my doctor before advised if u want u can take )

3, is it possible to cure all my ocd and ADHD panic and mental disorders with ayurvedic medicine if i continue for long time ..

• hi,
      you can take mentat along with after consulting your Ayurvedic doctor again.
      you can surely get very good results but can not assure you complete cure unless we analyse your condition personally.

52. Good Evening Sir
    I m diabetic in first stage. Can Manamitra Vataka is advisable in such dieses also?
    AM

53. Hello Sir ,

My father ( 72 years ) is allopathic treatment for anxiety disorder related depression for last 15 years. It was under control so far with this medication. For last two months the anxiety has shoot up , its taking time to respond with allopathic medication.

Also with the anxiety level shooting up , if something comes to his mind that is required to be done , he is becoming too stubborn to do it. His medicine requirement for clonazepam was increased to 1.5 mg from 0.75 mg apart from other medications.

I met with an Ayurvedic doctor who has prescribed , Mansa Mitra Vatkam (DS ) make Amrita Drugs – 1-0-1 for a month…I have the following questions ..

Is it safe to use MMV with allopathic drugs ?
    How long is it safe to use ?
    Once we stop using it , will the anxiety come back again ?
    Do we have to repeat the dose any prescribed timelines ?
    My father has constipation problem , wud it have any impact ?
    Since it has iron and gold …wud this heavy metal have any adverse impact on health ?

regards
    Binaya

• hello…,
      yes it is safe to use MMV along with allopathic drugs noted that allopathic drugs should be gradually tapered which are meant for anxiety.
      it can be used 6 months to 1 year, or even more based on doctor’s prescription.
      no, it may not recur again, but it is also to be stopped by tapering the dose not all of a sudden.
      repetition depends on the condition of the patient which is to be decided by the treating Ayurvedic doctor.
      it doesn’t worsen constipation.
      iron, gold and other heavy metals are present in a very minute and in purified form. they are meant to treat not to affect adversely.

• I started the dose for my father from today morning …his anxiety level seems to have picked up a bit..sud I change it to night only ..or is it just a coincidence …can this medicine be taken in the evening instead of night , just to avoid too many medicines in the night ….also wanted to know , how many days it generally takes to show up result…do u think I sud look at any other medicine along with me to address anxiety related disorder …is the any precautions to be taken while taking MMV?

54. Prashanth says:

Hello, I am suffering from Schizophrenia and anxiety. I am on antidepressants and antipsychotics. I consulted an ayurvedic doctor and she prescribed MMV. Can I combine both MMV and allopathic medicine. Please let me know. Thanks.

55. Dr Shishira, namaste! Is there any problem for woman during lactation of a 6 month old baby to use 1 pill of MAV by day? Thanks!

• namaste…, it is better to avoid it during lactation since milk secretion will hamper because of its hot potency. and it is always taken under the guidance of an Ayurveda doctor who has thoroughly analysed your body nature and condition.

56. Hi Dr. Janardhana Hebbar,

I am Ragavendraprasad.C, a male, married and aged 31, a resident of chennai suffering with Obsesive Compulsive Disorder from the age of 10.

I am also suffering from constipation problem as a side effect of the alopathy medicines I am taking. I have faced a situation of panic attack and hypomania in February 2015.

Some Symptoms I am facing currently are,

1. Contamination type of OCD.
    2. Checking the gas for several times for it to be off.
    3. Reassurance seeking.
    4. Obsessive Thoughts.

Alopathy medicines I am taking currently are,

Clonil 75 mg 1 – 0 -2 ( 225 mg per day)
    Prestiq 50 mg 0 – 0 – 1 per day
    Zipsydon 80 mg 0 – 0 – 1 per day

Ayurvedic Medicines I am taking are,

Chiruvilwadi kashayam 15ml with 60 ml of boiled water with a pinch of Rock Salt and one teaspoon of sukhavirechana Choornam in the morning.

Mrudweekadi Kashayam 15 ml with 60 ml boiled water with half a teaspoon of sugar ( as per doctor’s advise as I didn’t get fried paddy, which the doctor suggested) at 5 : 30 pm

Durlabhharistam 30 ml with 30 ml boiled and cooled water one manasa mitram gulika in the night.

For external applications : Madhuyastyadi tailam for head application, shudhabala tailam for body application.

Please help me to have a direct personal appointment with you in your clinic and if that is not possible please let me know and I will mail you all my symptoms so that you can advise me with the ayurvedic medications. As I found from the internet that the majority of the ayurvedic medicines I am taking are to treat my constipation problem which I have and for piles problem, which I don’t have.

One of my friend who is a doctor has said that there would be metal mixed with the ayurvedic medicines and it would cause serious damage to the liver and kidneys. Is it so ?

Also I request you to give me the contact details of some good Ayurvedic Doctors in Chennai as I am not able to find a genuine ayurvedic doctor in Chennai, whom I can meet personally and get advise on the Ayurvedic medicines which you suggest me to take.

57. k d patra says:

Is there any treatment for Lipoma without surgery

58. Hi I am aadhar Indian boy suffering from sevevere ocd pl help

59. Dalmatiner Hans says:

Hr. Hans ( 65 Jahre alt) sagt/fragt:

Ist Maanasamithra Vatakam, 1-2 Stück täglich, ein Problem für Sex / Erektion ???

60. Hi dr,Is there any withdrawal effect if we suddenly stop this medicine

61. Is this works for schizophernia patients?

62. Hello dr. Is Manasamitra Vatakam available in Nairobi.

63. Amrita manasamitra vatakam is a good brand.

64. Hello Doctor,

I am taking citalopram 40mg in the night for depression. My ayurveda doctor has given me Manasamitra vadakam daily one at night before slee, from kottakal.

1) can I take them both at the same time?
    2) the doctor has not mentioned about tapering the dose but has given me 30tablets to take. Should Manasamitra vadakam be tapered down slowly like alopathic psychotropics or can they be stopped after my dosage?

Your blog is AMAZING doctor and the service you provide by replying to questions is really great. Thank you, thank you.

K

• Hi, you can take both at the same time. But ideally 30 minutes gap, first citalopram and then Manasamitracan be taken.
      The manasamitra tablet can be taken for 2 – 3 months of time, and only then the tapering down can start, in your case.
      Thanks for your kind words of appreciation.

65. i have a spasm around rear of my ear since 5years i m trying clonozepam as i have a very disturbed sleep pattern kindly advise

66. Mentat ds or saraswatarista which is better for severe anxiety and depression.