Chandraprabha Vati – Benefits, Dosage, Ingredients And Side Effects

Chandraprabha Vati  is a tablet, used in Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes, diseases of urinary track, and many other disease conditions. It is widely used in Ayurvedic practice, across India.

Chandraprabha Vati uses: It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of urinary tract infection, difficulty in urination, urinary calculi.
It helps to relieve constipation, bloating, abdominal colic pain, low back pain.
It is useful in treating cold, cough, rhinitis, bronchitis, asthma and such other respiratory diseases.
It is used to treat eczema, dermatitis, pruritis and allergic skin conditions.
It is useful to treat piles, liver, spleen diseases, anaemia and fistula.
It helps to relieve teeth problems like caries, eye infections.
It is used to treat semen defects and gynaecological problems.
It helps to relieve indigestion, improves strength, it is a natural aphrodisiac and anti aging Ayurvedic medicine.

Effect on Tridosha – balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha.

Chandraprabha Gulika dosage:  (500 mg tablet) – 1 – 2 tablets 1 – 2 times a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.

Chandraprabha Bati side effects:
People with high BP should take this medicine only under medical care, since this medicine contains salt as ingredient.
Over-dosage may cause slight burning sensation in abdomen. Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in cool dry place.

Chandraprabha tablet-ingredients, how to make:
3 g fine powder of each of
Darvi – Tree Turmeric (stem) – Berberis aristata
Pippalimoola – Long pepper root – Piper longum
Chitraka – Lead Wort (root) – Plumbago zeylanica
Dhanyaka – Coriander – Coriandrum sativum
Haritaki – Chebulic Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia chebula
Vibhitaki – Belliric Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia bellirica
Amalaki – Indian gooseberry fruit – Emblica officinalis Gaertn.
Chavya – Java Long Pepper – Piper chaba
Loha Bhasma – Iron Bhasma – 24 g
48 g fine powder of each of
Sita – Sugar
Shilajatu – Asphaltum – 96 g
Guggulu – Indian bedelium – Commiphora mukul – 96 g

Reference:  Sharangdhara Samhita Madhyama Khanda 7/40 – 49
Manufacturer of this Ayurvedic medicine in India: Baidyanath, Dabur, AVN, Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala., Sri Sri Pharmacy.
Divya Pharmacy calls this same product as Divya Chandraprabha Vati.

Expiry date: Five years from the date of manufacture. Once after opening the container, it is better to empty it before an year

Dr JV Hebbar is an Ayurveda Doctor, Lecturer, From Mangalore, India. Click here to consult Dr Hebbar

Comments

1. What r th side effects of this product?

2. I am taking this for enlarged prostate causing flow with urination. Two tabs after meal in the morning. I find it beneficial but :
    Will it actually help to bring back the prostate to its normal size?
    How long do I have continue to take this for?( I have taking it for about 6 weeks.
    Will taking the medication long term have any side effects?, apart from BP

• 1. This medicine has to be taken under medical supervision. I hope you’ve consulted an Ayurvedic doctor before taking this.
      2. This can be taken for a few months, if your doctor agrees with it.
      3. It will have some benefits, regarding reducing the size of prostrate.

3. i have excessive urine problem and pain in the knee. xray reports says its the beginning of arthirites.
    doctor has suggested this medicine.
    will it be beneficial in my case ??

4. dear doctor,
    is it good for bed wetting in children? can you suggest any remedy for that ?

• Dear Preeti,
      I do not recommend it for bed-wetting in children. Bed wetting is quite normal in kids, even up to age of 8 – 10. Proper education, relieving fear, encouraging them to visit bath room at bed time, limiting liquid intake 3 hours before bed time. are a few ways to relieve bed wetting. Please consult an Ayurveda doctor if problems persist even after one month of trying these techniques.

5. Is it useful in pedal edema??

6. I have type 1 diabetic from 2 years. feeling problem with my erection. will this medicine help me solving this prob

7. Hi,

i have chronic constipation almost since 6 months. Is it better to take Chandraprabha Vati before or after food ? (Please don’t say “consult your doctor” )

Regards,
    Pmold

8. I have problem of passing more amount of urine than normal. I dont have diabetes. I also had a urine culture test done. But everything is normal. What can be the cause of this problem.Please help.

9. durgesh says:

agar doctor ne sugar check nhi ki fir bhi vo mujhe ye medicine deta hai to isse kahin sugar level kam to nhi ho jaaega? or iska sabse adhik benefit kya hai?

• isse normal person me sugar kam hone ka chance bahut kam hai. isko non-diabetic patients pe bhi istemal kiya jatha hai.
      Iska prayog zyada tar urinary tract infection me hota hai.

10. Sandeep says:

sir I am in urgent need of your help……..
    i am not getting enough erection……..its from past 2-3 months. it happened earlier also but got automatically fine……..i dont drink or smoke…….why this happened?????
    i am feeling pain in my knees…..
    will this medicine help me?
    plz help sir…………….( I am 26 years old)

11. hi
    is this medicine helpful.in nightfall problem ?

12. Is it helpful to increase the volume of semen and sperm count ?

• No. But if prescribed by the doctor, it helps to cleanse and detoxify and correct semen and sperm quality.
      Note that this product should only be used if your doctor has prescribed, for particular limited period of time. This product can not be used for self medication.

13. I am suffering from frequent urination § urinary urge problem, I am also suffering from lower back pain and pain in left leg sole have undergone all tests (ultrasound,MRI,urianalysis) they all are negative .No traces of any infection. Should I undertake this medicine(chandraprabhavati) for my problem?

• I presume that you are not diabetic and also that there is no Prostate gland enlargement. Blindly taking this medicine might not help. Please consult an Ayurveda doctor.

14. I am suffering from frequent urination specially in buses etc. or in rush where not possible to urinate.. suggest can try chanderprabhavati or otherwise..

15. Mrinal Kanti Das says:

I am a diabetic patient for 8 years .I take insulin HM 30 ,12 unit in morning ,5 unit before dinner.Can I take ayurvedic medicine like hyponidd and chandraprava bati. Please suggest.

• Dear Das, you can surely include some Ayurvedic medicine for diabetes like hyponidd etc. but you have to consult an Ayurveda doctor for the right dosage fixing. At least for first 4 – 6 weeks, regular sugar level monitoring. Please note that, even with Ayurvedic medicines for diabetes, you might not be able to completely get rid of insulin therapy. But a very good sugar control can be established with Ayurvedic medicine, along with insulin therapy.

16. I have been suffering from gradual increase in Creatinine for the last 3 years. It is presently 1.40. A mild increase in renal cortical echos was noticed 3 years back. I have been taking allopathic medicine for the last 13 years to lower my BP. Which hovers between 120/80 and 140/90. Please advise if Chandraprabha Vati can help improve my kidney / creatinine / BP problem. Thanks.

17. I have urinary infection and go for urine 5-6 times in night. regularly I face urine infection. Please suggest me. Can Chandraprabati will help me. if yes, how long should I take and how much tablet daily?

18. Hi I have a kidney stone. Would chandraprabha help to flush out the stone?

19. Hello Dr.Can it help me with night urination?

• It is used in treating urinary tract infection. For treating night urination, the cause for the problem needs to be examined first. Please consult your Ayurveda doctor.

20. bunty rahmaniac says:

Is Chandraprabha Vati helpful for anti-inflammatory (shilajit) & pain-relief (gugullu) purpose in a situation where patient advised not to take much ayurvedic/allopathic pain killers due to some side effects ?

21. chirodeep deb says:

@ dr.jv hebbar..Can it be used for semen leakage??

• Yes, it is used to treat for that purpose. But dose and time of medicine administration is crucial and this tablet can not be taken without direct medical advice.

• can this be used for controlling the nightfall rate. im having everynight, is this require any treatment

• It is used for controlling night fall. But there are better Ayurvedic medicines. Please consult an Ayurveda doctor in person. It is not safe to take Chandraprabh vati without doctor’s prescription.

22. Is this a drug that can be taken specifically for prostrate related problems?

23. does this help for liver related problem ?

24. Dear Sir
    My son 15 years has got a urine problem. Protein (Albumin) content in the urine is abnormally high. BP/Sugar test proved negative. No other problems. Creatine is normal. Can you pls suggest Chandrprabha bati can help to resolve this problem

25. Hello sir
    I somewhere read that it inhibit 5alpha reductase to treat prostate enlargement problem can I take it for hair loss because it inhibit 5alpha reductase and so prevent conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (dht). dht is an active leads hair loss, acne, prostate enlargement.

26. dr amit patel says:

Hi……sir……l am a veterinary doctor & l am suffering from urethral stricture…..l have consult urologist but nothing benefit from treatment……then l meet an aayurvedic doctor he suggest me Chandraprabha vati…….can I get rileif my problem………

• Dear Dr Amit, this medicine can be of help. Trust your Ayurvedic doctor and follow his / her prescription.

• Kunwar Singh says:

Dear Dr Hebbar,

Keeping the sufferings of Dr Amit in mind, I feel it pertinent to mention that four months back, a 74 year old male suffering from Urethral Stricture for the past seven years without cure has approached me for treatment. He had a very severe painful urination with profuse sweating, scanty and frequent urination. He had a constipated stomach too. He followed my herbal treatment and few home remedies strictly and got rid of his sufferings completely within six weeks. The herbal medicines used are given below:

1. Liv.52 DS – One tablet twice a day after meal.
        2. Chandraprabha Vati – One tablet twice a day after meal.
        3. Gokshura – One capsule twice a day after meal.
        4. Punarnava – One capsule twice a day after meal.
        5. Ganoderma Capsules – Two capsules twice a day after meal.
        6. Haritaki Churna – One table spoon powder with luke warm water daily at bed time to treat his constipation.

Home Remedies Suggested:
        1. Barley boiled water twice a day.
        2. Cumin boiled water twice a day.

Best regards,
        Kunwar Singh

27. im suffering from premature eju sir help me which medicine best for me

28. rakesh says:

i feel back pain in .and knee pain and go through mare times toilet in a day

29. I am diabetic for a long time back about 35 years. I have been using medicine like Glyciphase 500 mg 2 times. Even then the sugar level does not come down to normal range. Is there any harm if I take Chandraprabha Vati 2 times in addition ? Kindly advise.

• It can help. But for longer time usage, better to consult an Ayurvedic doctor for right dosage, time of taking etc advice.

• Harish Kumar says:

My case is exactly same. Age 65, diabetic + HBP since 30
        years.Taking metformin 500 twice daily. Tried Chandraprabha vati 2 tablets. Result:= Blood Pressure shooted upto 100/190. Rushed to emergency, Again after few days tried 1 tablet chandraprabha vati. Again BP increased to 90/180. On site, shows it contains salt so could increae BP. So please beware.

30. Nagashree says:

I have uterine fibroids. Its large enough that a gync asked to get it removed by laprascopy or invasive since its in muscle wall.
    I am giving myself 3 to 4 months to try naturally to heal and then opt for operation if no changes.
    I had read that chandraprabha vati with triphala churna helps in this. Can u please guide me.

31. I am 2 months pregnant n suffering from uti from last 6 months can I take this medicine while pregnancy.

32. Sir,
    I am suffering Diabetes last 9 years .since October 2013 I am using divya madhunasini vati 2 tablets twice in a day .Now my sugar level is FBS 73 , HBA1C is 6.0 can I stop the english medicine and continue the Ayurveda medicine only.

33. hi, I am taking this medicine for rejuvenation purpose and for semen betterment. I am taking it with shilajeet. Is it ok?

34. sir i have acne problem on my face please tell me that chanderprbhavati help in this problem

• Hi, there are better options to treat acne problem, than Chandraprabha vati. Please consult a doctor in person.

• Please u tell me ethical is better or ayurvedic treatment

• Sir I destroy lot of money on ethical treatment for acne treatment from karnal city and chandigarh also but no result I want to take ayurvedic treatment please help me. I am from haryana from karnal city I do not know any ayurveda doctor here please help.tells me about medicines or another way.i am suffering from last 4 years to this problem please sir help please ?????????? I am waiting your answer.

35. Harish Kumar says:

Does Chandraprabha vati increases blood pressure. I took two tablets after lunch. By late evening my HBP increased to 195/95. I had to rush to hospital. I feel Chandraprabha vati was the culprit. Please advise..

36. Harish Kumar says:

I am HBP and diabatic patient. I took two tablets of Chandraprabha vati. I felt terrible headache and my BP shooted up. Please advise is it recommended for me if I reduce to 1 tablet.

• Chandraprabha Vati is actually indicated in diabetes. Probably, the product was not manufactured properly. I would advice to stop it and consult your Ayurvedic doctor. I would not recommend to continue it.

37. HEllo sir,
    This chandraprabha vati tables suggested for my knee sensation while climbing steep steps. I am 46, no diabitic and BP.Could you please tell the relevance, since I observed only for urinary applications.
    In addition, please suggest suitable anti hitching ayurvedic medicine for my itching at testicals skin towards back side of the testicles sac.This is happens once in a day and no regular time.whenever I swet it is more.

• Hi, it also acts as rejuvenator / anti aging, hence, it might have been advised for you. I suggest you to continue as per prescription.
      For itching, you can apply Nalpamaradi tailam, 5 minutes before bath.

38. siddharth says:

Sir , I’m 20 year old and suffering from urine infection since last 2 to 3 months irregularly does chabdraprabha is beneficial for me.

39. A wonder drug having no side effects.

40. dear Sir,

My father is 80 yrs old and he is having BPH, Prostate size 39CC, level 1. urgency of urine 1-2 hrs – 50ml to 120 ml. Urine color changes sometimes to blackish. No infection found in Urine routine. Can chanderprabhavati will solve issue.

41. I read that youvananrit along with chadraprabhavati should be taken daily for erectile dysfunction. Is it true?

42. Can this be helpful in polyp in uterus and causing heavy bleeding ?

43. I have Vericocele Issue.Is this medicine help for me…

44. I’m having hemmeroids. Can I use this for cure.

45. I have bilateral grade 1 vericocele . please suggest this medicine help to cure it completly

46. My lever is Fatti I Grate while recent Ultrasound and SGOT and SGPT is 127. Other all organs are ok, I am not facing any problem in health, except shivering of hands. Dr. suggested me Chandraprabhavati for 3 months. Is it beneficial Dr. ?

47. I have prostrate enlargment and urinary stone problem, I saw the doctor and he prescribed me chandraprabha vati and calcury tablet. Is it helpful? Is it guaranted it cure my problems. If so how long does it take to cure.

48. sir plz tell me my one testis is bigger than other since last five year…..plz help me what I do

49. sir i am suffering the problem on the tip of my pennies always burning it will disturb me especially at night i tri with this tablet but no use my all test is normal what i can do for long time sitting it course more problem

50. hi doc,

is it good for wt reduction?….i have excess wt problem due to pcod?

51. Hello dr
    iam suffering from water discharge from vagina…too much itiching and discharge of white cheesy cream…
    what to do..?
    Should I take chandraprabhavati ??
    Please suggest

52. I have vericocele

Can this help ? Plz

53. Hi….
    Can i use this for BPH ( benign prostate hyperplasia) – general swelling lf prostate. I also nave high blood pressure for which I am on high blood pressure medicAtion. Can i still take this ?

• You can still take it, assuming it has been prescribed to you by a doctor.

• Harish Kumar says:

Doctor why are you misguiding JK who has trusted you? In High Blood Pressure, how can he take. It contains salt. It will further shoot up BP as was in my case. My detailed write up is already with you in this regard.

54. Hello I am dev,
    my grandmother has problem of urine.doctor suggested this medicine and other two,1.ushirasava and other patanjali giloy ghan vati.will it help to my grandmother?

55. mukesh pradhan says:

My wife is pregnant nearing 6 months she is diabetic sufferer fasting 140 PP 182 patanjali vaidya has advised to take chandraprabha vati during pregnancy empty stomach 2 times do i continue it or stop it…
    Plz advice.

56. Vidhyalakshmi says:

Is this Chandra prabha vati can be taken during pregnancy from 11th week for the control of sugar ( diabetes). FBS 89 HBA1C 6.1.

57. sir in my urine something like sperm is coming out and sperm count is 50 sec..what will i do

58. I am not diabetic, few months ago ayurvedic doctor prescribed this tablet to me…due to pain in my heels….after relief i stopped using it….due to burning sensation in urination and mild pain in right testicle i started it again….does this tab help me out…..????

59. arti mittal says:

hello dr

my daughter is just 3 year old but she is having urine infection from long time. Is this medicine safe to use for her or you can suggest any other one.

60. thirumalesh says:

i have problem may wait so can use this tablets

61. Ruchita says:

Hello, I have pcod problem. My doctor suggest me Chandraprabha vati for the same. I have migraine headache issue too. Will this medicine trigger migraine headache for me?

62. Hello, I have pcod. Which brand of chandraprabha vati will be useful for me?

63. ruchita says:

I have pcod and my doctor suggested me chandraprabha vati. Which brand of this will be more useful?

64. Jayshree says:

I am diabetic person from last 2 yrs. I had consult Ayurvedic doctor who suggest madhunaashini vati .now my question is that it is compulsory to chew this vati .its very bitter in taste may I swallow this tablet whole with hot water? Is it effective ?

65. Ravi Bansal says:

Sir i have consulted ayurveda doctor, during night time i have to go for urine once or twice, so he suggested me chandra prabha vati and ashwagandharishta, but after taking this from last 7-8 days i am feeling very week and i am having feet when i go for a sleep and when i wake up…so may i continue to use it or may i stop ?
    And my sperm count is also low so is it beneficial for it or not, tell me what should i do ?

66. SOMANATHA K says:

Dear Doctor,how much of patience you have to answer for all the above views???

Thanks for your patience.

(Since I am also a diabetic patient,when visited to ESI hospital,there, they do not care for patients,instead, they are engaging in talking in mobile,chatting with somebody,or out of seat,find somewhere in the nearby restaurants even though they are ON DUTY.

I FEEL SHY TO EXPLAIN SOME MORE EVENTS.

67. vignesh says:

dr its used for penile strictures?? i have painful urination problem. recently undertaken cystoscopic surgery.