Yogendra Ras is an Ayurvedic medicine, with herbal and mineral ingredients, in tablet form. It is used in treating neuro-muscular conditions and diabetes. It is also called as Yogendra Rasa. This medicine is used more in North Indian Ayurvedic treatment method and should only be taken strictly under medical supervision.
Yogendra Ras Benefits:
- It acts as a catalyst (Yogavahi) when administered along with other medicines.
- Hence it is used in wide variety of conditions.
- It is used to treat diabetes, diseases related to urinary tract, frequent urination.
- It is also used to treat fistula, piles, epilepsy, psychotic conditions, paralysis.
- It relieves abdominal colic, gastritis, eye diseases.
- It helps to strengthen nerves and muscles.
- It is also a natural aphrodisiac.
Yogendra Ras dosage:
125 mg to 250 mg – 1 – 2 tablets once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
This medicine is traditionally administered along with Triphala kashaya (decoction), milk or water with little sugar.
Yogendra Ras side effects:
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- It is to be avoided in children and pregnant ladies.
- Make sure to select this medicine from a good company.
- Overdosage may cause side effects like tremors, dizziness etc.
Yogendra Ras ingredients:
Many companies promote this product as – Yogendra Ras with GOLD. It is not a big deal, because, this product already contains Gold bhasma as an ingredient. If Gold Bhasma is not there in it, it can not be called as Yogendra Ras.
Divya Pharmacy of Baba Ramdev calls this same medicine as Divya Yogendra Ras.
Parada – Purified and processed Mercury - 10 grams
Gandhaka – Purified and processed sulphur – 10 grams – Together called as Rasasindhur.
Loha Bhasma – Iron Bhasma - 5 grams
Swarna Bhasma – Gold Bhasma - 5 grams
Abhraka Bhasma – Purified and processed Silica - 5 grams
Shuddha Mukta – Purified and processed Pearl – 5 grams
Vanga bhasma – Bhasma of tin - 5 grams
The fine powder of above ingredients is ground well with Aloe vera juice and tablets are prepared.
Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Vatavyadhi Chikitsa 26/198-202
Manufacturers of Yogendra Rasa:
- Uma Ayurvedics Pvt. Ltd.
- Divya Pharmacy