Navaka Guggulu is a very famous Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form, used for weight loss treatment and Rheumatoid arthritis. This tablet has Guggulu (commiphora mukul) as its base.
Navaka Guggulu benefits:
- It is widely used in the Ayurvedic treatment of weight loss, it improves digestion.
- It is also used to relieve Rheumatoid arthritis.
Effect on Tridosha - Calms Vata and Kapha.
Navaka Guggulu for weight loss:
In Ayurvedic practice, it is widely used for weight loss treatment, since it has the Triphala advantage, which helps to control cholesterol.
Navaka Guggulu dosage:
1 – 2 tablets 2 – 3 times a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
Navaka Guggulu Side Effects:
There are no known side effects with this medicine. However it is best to use this product under medical supervision. Self medication with this medicine is discouraged.
Very high dose than prescribed may lead to stomach irritation.
Navaka Guggulu Ingredients:
- Pepper – Piper nigrum – 48 g
- Long pepper – Piper longum – 48 g
- Ginger – Zingiber officinalis – 48 g
- Haritaki – Terminalia chebula – 48 g
- Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica – 48 g
- Amalaki – Emblica officinalis – 48 g
Agni – Leadwort – Plumbago zeylanica – 48 g
Musta – Cyperus rotundus – 48 g
Vidanga – Embelia ribes – 48 g
Guggulu – Commiphora mukul – 48 g
The fine powder of all the above are mixed and punched into the form of tablet of 500 mg size
Synonyms: Navak Guggul, Navaka Guggul
Navaka Guggulu reference:
Bhaishajya Ratnavali Medoroga Chikitsa 39/43
व्योषाग्नि त्रिफला मुस्त विडङ्गैर्गुग्गुलु समम् ।
खादन् सर्वाञ्जयेद् व्याधीन् मेदश्लेश्मामवातजान् ॥
vyoṣāgni triphalā musta viḍaṅgairguggulu samam |
khādan sarvāñjayed vyādhīn medaśleśmāmavātajān ||
Related article -