Karpooradi Thailam is an Ayurvedic herbal oil, prepared in sesame oil or coconut oil base. It is used in muscular pain, rheumatic complaints, muscle cramps etc. This oil is based on Kerala Ayurveda principles. It is also known as Karpuradi tailam.
Karpooradi Thailam Benefits:
- It is used for wide variety of complaints.
- It is used to relieve muscular pain, rheumatoid complaints, joint pain, joint stiffness.
- It relieves muscle pain and stiffness.
- It is applied to chest to relieve chest congestion.
- It has got rubefacient effect. Improves blood circulation and brings about warmth.
- It is used to relieve neck pain, back pain, and multiple joint pains.
- Excellent for cramps and numbness and so is essential in cholera.
How To Use:
It is used for external application only. It is not used for internal administration.
It is also used as massage oil.
Apply this over the area of pain and do Swedana therapy with flannel dipped in water boiled with caster leaves- Eranda patra or Vatamkolli- Justicia gendarussa. Swedana may be done by other means too.
Karpooradi oil ingredients:
It is prepared either in coconut oil or Sesame oil base.
Other ingredient than coconut oil is – Camphor – Cinnamomum camphora.
Sahasra Yoga – Taila Yoga Prakarana
Further reference: Different uses
Companies that manufacture Karpooradi oil –
AVN Ayurveda Formulations Pvt. Ltd.
How to use Karpooradi oil for migraine –
10 drops of the oil is taken into the finger tips and rubbed gently over the forehead for 2 minutes. This helps to relieve pain associated with migraine. However, this is a temporary remedy for migraine.
Read related: Ayurvedic treatment, hone remedies for migraine