dhatu-copy

Triphala Churna: Benefits, Ingredients, Dose, Side Effects, How To Take

Triphala churna is one of the most famous and widely used Ayurvedic product. It comes in herbal powder form. Tri means three, Phala means fruit. It is made of three fruits.

Triphala Churna benefits

Triphala benefits:

• Triphala is a powerful source of anti oxidants.
  • It helps to calm Kapha and Pitta
  • It is used regularly in patients having pre diabetes.
  • It is also used in the treatment for diabetes, due to its rich anti oxidant property.
  • Water decoction  /  Kashaya prepared with Triphala powder is used to treat  non healing wounds. learn how to prepare triphala kashaya
  • It is extremely beneficial in skin diseases
  • It is good for improving eye sight and to treat computer vision syndrome
  • It helps to improve taste
  • It is also used in the treatment of chronic fever.
  • Triphala churna is useful to relieve laziness.
  • Triphala weight loss – It is also used in the treatment of obesity.

Triphala for IBS C:
Triphala churna is very useful in treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome associated with constipation. Haritaki is very good in easing bowel movements.
Vibhitaki helps to improve digestion strength and
Amla balances Pitta.
For the treatment of IBS C, usually Triphala churna is administered in a dose of 1 teaspoon at night, before food with water. Even  a dose of 2 teaspoon per day (1 teaspoon twice a day) can be administered if the constipation is severe.
Triphala along with other medicines such as Indukanta ghrita, Kashaya, Manasamitra vatakam etc are administered together to treat IBS C.

Synonyms:
Phala trika, Vara.
Triphala churan – this term is widely used in north India
Triphala choorna, Triphala churnam – these terms are famous in Kerala and Tamil Nadu

Triphala Choornam

Triphala Dosage
Triphala churna dosage is – 1 – 3 grams with honey, ghee or warm water, before food.
Triphala tablet – 1 – 2 tablets – once or twice a day, usually before food.
Triphala capsule – 1 – 2 capsule – once or twice a day, usually before food.

If you are taking Triphala to improve taste, or to treat oral ulcers, then it makes sense to take it in churna (powder) form. For any other purpose, it can be taken in tablet or capsule form.

Triphala ingredients:
it is made of three fruits. The dry powder of fruit rind of these three fruits are mixed in equal proportions.

• Amla – Emblica officinalis – Indian gooseberry
  • Haritaki – Terminalia chebula – Chebulic Myrobalan
  • Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica – Belleric Myrobalan

Triphala side effects:
These are the side effects reported by my clients so far.
Burning sensation in the body. (patient was having sensitive stomach).
Triphala capsule – Increased dryness
Lack of sleep.

It is used as a daily tonic by many, due to its rich anti oxidant activity. People with diabetes need to inform doctor, if they are taking Triphala choornam.

Where to buy?
aff – Amazon website link – Triphala in powder, capsule and tablet forms
Triphala churna reference: Bhavaprakasha Nighantu, Haritakyadi Varga, 42,43

Q: In your Article on ‘Hareetaki’  it is given that it has five tastes including its seed kernel and seed.Because of all these Rasas it is said to Balance Tridoshas.
Does Triphala churnam contain the seed and its kernel powder also? It hasnot been specified whether it is ‘Ushna’ or ‘Sheeta’ herb?

Answer:
Usually only the fruit rinds of Haritaki, Vibhitaki and Amla are used in Triphala. But yet, it balances all the three Doshas.

When it comes to Ushna (hot) or Sheet (cold) – Amla is mildly cold, Haritaki and Vibhitaki are slightly hot. So, overall effect of Triphala is hot.

Q: I would really appreciate if you can advice, how do I take Triphala daily basis, i want to loose my weight, i searched on the web and it is said that we have to take it with honey or lemon, cant i just take with normal water in the night before sleep? or in the early morning??
Answer:
You can take it – one teaspoon with normal water, at night, bed time. Just take the Triphala into your mouth and swallow it with water. You can take it for 3 months.
Is it necessary to take the churna directly in mouth? if yes then why?
Not very necessarily. It is left to your comfort. Some people mix it with water and drink it or if it is advised with honey, they make a paste of it with honey. The point is, it has to enter your stomach. 🙂 The choice of co-drink – warm water, honey etc, is left to your doctor’s choice.

Can I eat triphala churan with honey?
Yes, if you aren’t diabetic. It is good for eyes.

I have seen many says that it helps to lower cholesterol levels, is that so? If yes then for what period one should take it.? Also, I have seen a study where it shows Triphala churna has its own side effects, interesting a website states that it may cause “gastrointestinal problems such as gas, upset stomach and diarrhea” What do you say about this? If the study is not true then can I take Triphala churna as general medicine for improving over all health and lower my cholesterol levels?
Answer:
Triphala churna helps in weight loss and also to lower cholesterol. It can be used for a long period of time. (4 – 6 months), except for pregnant and lactating mothers.
It does not cause gas or stomach upset. But in some people with very sensitive stomach, it may cause loose stools. (it cannot be called as diarrhoea.)
You can take Triphala Choorna to lower your cholesterol.

Is it okay to buy Trifla with any well known company?
All the three ingredients are very cheap and hence, usually there is no admixture done. Hence, it is safe to buy Triphala from any well known company

Other than the digestive tract, which dhatus does Triphala help to remove toxins from?
Triphala has its effects on Gastro intestinal tract, liver, spleen, eyes, circulatory system (heart and blood vessels) and immune system.

What are some good ways for thin people to take triphala long term?
Because Triphala is cleansing (Shodhana) in nature, it is not usually recommended for thin people. However a think adult can take half a teaspoon of Triphala along with a teaspoon of ghee at night. The nourishing qualities of ghee would negotiate the cleansing effect of Triphala.
Trifala and ghee can be made into paste form and can be swallowed in with half a cup of lukewarm water.

How to take Triphala Rasayan – Triphala for anti aging benefits:
Source: Charaka Chikitsa Sthana 1.3

Triphala Rasayana:
जरणान्तेऽभयामेकां प्राग्भुक्ताद् द्वे बिभीतके|
भुक्त्वा तु मधुसर्पिर्भ्यां चत्वार्यामलकानि च||४१||
प्रयोजयन् समामेकां त्रिफलाया रसायनम्|
जीवेद्वर्षशतं पूर्णमजरोऽव्याधिरेव च||४२||
(इति त्रिफलारसायनम्)|
jaraṇānte’bhayāmekāṃ prāgbhuktād dve bibhītake|
bhuktvā tu madhusarpirbhyāṃ catvāryāmalakāni ca||41||
prayojayan samāmekāṃ triphalāyā rasāyanam|
jīvedvarṣaśataṃ pūrṇamajaro’vyādhireva ca||42||
(iti triphalārasāyanam)|

The following are the four rejuvenating recipes of Triphala
1. Along with honey and ghee, a person should take the following after the previous meal is digested (i.e., early morning)
1 Abhaya – Haritaki – Terminalia chebula
2 Bibhitaki fruits before food (Terminalia bellirica) and
4 Amalaki fruits  after food.

Duration:  One year
Benefits: A person lives for one hundred years free from old age and diseases.

Triphal Rasayan – 2
त्रैफलेनायसीं पात्रीं कल्केनालेपयेन्नवाम्|
तमहोरात्रिकं लेपं पिबेत् क्षौद्रोदकाप्लुतम्||४३||
प्रभूतस्नेहमशनं जीर्णे तत्र प्रशस्यते|
अजरोऽरुक् समाभ्यासाज्जीवेच्चैव समाः शतम्||४४||
(इति त्रिफलारसायनमपरम्)|
traiphalenāyasīṃ pātrīṃ kalkenālepayennavām|
tamahorātrikaṃ lepaṃ pibet kṣaudrodakāplutam||43||
prabhūtasnehamaśanaṃ jīrṇe tatra praśasyate|
ajaro’ruk samābhyāsājjīveccaiva samāḥ śatam||44||
(iti triphalārasāyanamaparam)

Triphal Rasayan – 2
A new iron vessel should be pasted with the Triphala paste (Kalka) for 24 hours.
This paste is administered with honey and water.
After its digestion, one should take a lot of fat (Prabhuta Sneha Ashanam)
By using this recipe continually for one year, one can live for one hundred years, free from ageing and diseases.

Triphala Rasayanam – 3
मधुकेन तुगाक्षीर्या पिप्पल्या क्षौद्रसर्पिषा|
त्रिफला सितया चापि युक्ता सिद्धं रसायनम्||४५||
(इति त्रिफलारसायनमपरम्)|
madhukena tugākṣīryā pippalyā kṣaudrasarpiṣā|
triphalā sitayā cāpi yuktā siddhaṃ rasāyanam||45||
(iti triphalārasāyanamaparam)|

Triphala mixed with

• Madhuka – Licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra,
  • Tugaksheeri
  • Pippali – Long pepper fruit – Piper longum ,
  • Honey, Ghee and Sugar, is an effective anti ageing recipe.

Triphala Rasayanam – 3

• Suvarna (gold)
  • Vacha – Acorus calamus
  • honey, Ghee
  • Vidanga – False black pepper – Embelia ribes,
  • Pippali – Long pepper fruit – Piper longum and
  • Lavana – Rock salt

The above mixture is administered continually for one year.
Benefits:
It is conducive to the advancement of

• Medha – intellect
  • Smrti – memory
  • Bala – Strength
  • Ayus – longevity and
  • Dhana – wealth.

It prevents ageing and diseases [41-47]

Research on usage of Triphala Churna for weight loss:
As per an experimental study conducted on effect of Triphala and its constituents on ameliorate visceral adiposity from a high-fat diet in mice with diet-induced obesity, conducted by Gurjar S, Pal A, Kapur S, the following conclusion was drawn –
The research team’s results showed that mice fed a High fat diet for 10-week period, supplemented with herbal preparation(s) of triphala or its constituents, resulted in significant reductions in body weight (P < .0001), energy intake, and percentage of body fat (P < .001), Herbal treatment significantly improved the lipid profiles of the mice by lowering serum total cholesterol (Total-C), TG, and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) and increasing levels of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C).

Triphala for hemorrhoids:
Triphala is administered along with buttermilk for the treatment of hemorrhoids (Charaka Chikitsa Sthana 14th chapter).

About Triphala with 1:2:4 combination of ingredients:
Usually Triphala is – all the three in equal parts.
some sell it with 1:2:4 (Haritaki, Vibhitaki, Amla) based on some rare traditional references. The difference is – the amount of Amalaki is more in the 1:2:4 combination and
a. it is ideal for those who have diarrhea and who do not wish to have the laxative effect and
b. it is ideal for those having high Pitta. The excess of Amla, being coolant, nullifies the hotness of haritaki and Vibhitaki. So, Triphala is such is slightly hot. But 1:2:4 Triphala is quite heat neutral.

Comments

1. my forehead is very dark compare to my face.. used rakthachandanam but didnt wok..pleas reply

2. Is it necessary to take the churna directly in mouth? if yes then why

• Not very necessarily. It is left to your comfort. Some people mix it with water and drink it or if it is advised with honey, they make a paste of it with honey. The point is, it has to enter your stomach. 🙂

3. Dhakshayani.k says:

hello doctor is there any aryu medicine for snoring

4. Dhakshayani.k says:

if i apply kumkumadi thailam everyday will i be fairer, in what propotion i should use and when i have pimple marks more and dull face
    so can you please suggest me any medicine

5. Hello Doctor. First of all thank you very much for answering the questions patiently.
    My problem is my bowel do not empty completely. In morning before going to toilet i drink glass of water and do little kapalbaati pranyam. It helps. But I always have a feeling that i have to still go and sometimes in the morning itself after having breakfast i have to go again. There is some mucus also in the stool.

I go atleast 2 – 3 times daily for BIG toilet but the feeling still remains that my bowel have not been emptied. This is very annoying feeling.

Any suggestions would be great help,

6. hello, i am 90 kg and 20 years old.please please tell me how to reduce weight.i tried many things but didnt work out.please help out.

7. Hello Doc! my face colour is quiet different from my body colour i guess this is due to tanning!.. i play very much in sun…. i want to get my original colour back! please help me ! i was born fair but due to playing a lot in sun i lost my fairness a bit.. ! please help Doctor !!

8. anushka says:

please inform what is the best to increase the sperm count already taking ashwagandha 1 tsp in morning and 1 tsp at night with warm milk.

• Hi, first the cause for low sperm count needs to be ruled out. If there is any structural issues, Ayurveda is of less help. I suggest you to consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

9. rahul verma says:

hello doc i had been using using triphla churna since last 4 years..i found it temporary treatment of constipation..my problem is still there..plz advice me something

10. Hi doctor,
    am 25yrs married, have pcos for the last 3yrs and had an abortion last month. weight gain bcoz of pcos and abortion. can i take triphala and pls tell me about the dosage.

• Dear Anu, if you have pcos, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly, rather than trying with Triphala. There are better medicines.
      General dose for Triphala Churna is – 1 teaspoon 2 times a day with water / honey / ghee.
      Milk should not be consumed just before or after Triphala consumption.

11. Is it because of its colon cleansing action that Triphala helps to improve taste?

12. hi, doctor i am 29year old. married, not conceiving, always suffering from constipation.so its safe to take triphala daily. for how long i can take it?

• You can take Triphala as a general remedy for constipation. But it is not a complete medicine to help in conceiving. Please consult an Ayurveda doctor for proper advice. As a general daily remedy, you can take Triphala.

13. Sir, triphala is famous for colon cleansing that’s why i started taking it because i don’t get proper pressure in the morning. So, when i take it with water, my problem is solved BUT when i take it with honey (as it was said by you that it can be consumed by honey too), it does not help at all! Only when i mix it with water and take it, then only it helps me, otherwise, it does not WHY? I chose honey because i could not tolerate its taste but now its not proving helpful. 🙁

14. hello doctor,

I have stomach acidity problems and I was thinking to use the triphala powder.when should I take it? before dinner or after dinner?

15. Thank you very much doctor. It is very interesting to read the queries and the answers given by you. My problem is gas formation and some times it is more and some times it is less and purging embarrasses me. Normally it is not with any foul smell. I need your advice on this problem. Is it a fact that the gas problem will also lead to increase in body weight. Recently I have started to take triphala churna thrice in a week with water after food in the night. I find it useful in relieving constipation. I am 69 years old.

16. Sudhakar says:

Hello Doctor, Greetings! I shall be grateful if you write something about Ritu Triphala i.e.
    consuming triphala along with jaggery from 14th may to 13th july, with saindev salt from 14th july to 13th september with desi khand from 14th sept to 13 nov, with saunt (dried ginger powder) from 14th nov to 13th jan, with pipal (lendi) churna from 14th jan to 12th march and lastly with honey from 14th march to 13th may. Consuming in this way upto 12 years is reputed to give you umpteen benefits. How far this is true??? The above details from the hindi book Swadeshi Chikitsa Saar by Dr. Ajit Mehta.

• Hi, it is beneficial.

• Triphala powder/tablets or capsules should be taken with warm water after dinner to treat indigestion, constipation and host of stomach disorders. Triphala is mild laxative and safe for prolonged use. It is the herb Haritaki that should be taken along with six items in the interval of two months each and not Triphala.

17. Hi doc..can I use bruhuth triphala churan for weight loss.. wat shd be d dosage.
    rgds

18. shruthi says:

hello doc, namaskar

i am 20 yr old female weighing 95kg. I trying to loose weight for long time now. notinh seems to help. recently i came to know about Triphala churna and guggul.
    Can u suggest me how and what dosage to take it.

I would really appreciate any other tips for loosing weight.

Can i use kukumadi tailam daily for reduing tanning and pimple marks on face and neck?

Regards,

19. Does people wth Sero Negative Arthritis use Triphala?

20. Is there any remedy for mild ichthyosis. More info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichthyosis_vulgaris

21. Thank u Dr ,very useful information

22. Triphla is best before or after food. I am thin vata. What time of day is best. Thanks

• Triphala is not suited for you.

• Monique says:

Hi Dr, what is the dfifference between triphala and triphala churna?? Not suited for me? I have been taking Triphala capsules 2x a day for 6 months now, as suggested by my ayurvedic doctor. Now I am confused. I read that people use to lose weight, I still have not gained weight. I now weight 96 lbs. I need help. Thanks

23. Triphala powder is good for strong hair roots?regrow new hairs ?turn white hair in to black. thanks

24. Dear Doctor, since 8 to 10 years, I have severe itching and acne on scalp (diagnosed as acne miliaris). I took allopathic medicine and it works but it should be taken for months together and hence has lot of side effects. Later I consulted lot of ayurvedic specialists but condition did not resolve. The last doctor suggested me to apply ‘triphala’ on scalp and take bath every day. It gives me immense relief. But few hours after taking bath, the problem again starts. Later I started applying triphala even after bath and leave it on scalp the whole day. This is really working great and for the first time in 8 years, I’m free of intense itch and acne. But I’m only free of symptoms as long as triphala is there on my scalp. I wanted to know if there are any side effects applying triphala 24 hours- 365 days. I’m really happy with it and I have been using it since almost a year without any side effects. your advice would be valuable.
    Also please let me know if there is any other better churna to apply for scalp (none of the thailams are working, in fact its worsening). Thank you.

25. I am nursing mother of three month old child ,I am 29 years old ,84kg weight .can I take triphala choornam for constipation and weight loss

26. Narayanan says:

There is a general belief that ghee and honey, if taken together, is toxic. Is it true? Kindly enlighten.

27. anonymous says:

I want to know that, can warm nature people also use triphala???…bcoz triphala has hot nature…plz reply

• Hi, thanks for a very good question. Haritaki and Vibhitaki are having Ushnaveerya – hot potency. Amla is coolant.
      So, overall effect of Triphala is slightly hot. But it is not as hot as – say, ginger or long pepper that warm nature people should avoid it.
      Warm nature people (Pitta dominant) can tolerate Triphala very well.

28. Sharada G says:

I am 45yrs mother of 2 .I underwent medical abortion at 6 weeks of pregnancy on 1aug 15.I was supposed to undergo sonogrpy at 15 weeks …but went late on 24tf aug. THe Doctor said there is 13mm clot in the uterus and it has to be removed by D &C. I stay alone with small kids who need my full attention. Please help me . Can tripala remove this clot. Please help me at the earliest as i am mentally disturbed.

29. Sushilkumar says:

Dear Doctor, Few weeks ago I visited my home village in Kerala after many months. During this visit I was afflicted with light deep cough with Phelm and light fever and body pain. Despite taking allopathic medicines my cough is still continuing. Since last few days I am taking Triphala in powder form along with Agasthya rasayanam. I am also trying out Pankajakasthuri. The cough is persistent. Please advice me whether I should take another medicine. Best Regards, Sushil

30. Hello doctor,my daughter is 8 years old.she has -2 power on both her eyes. I heard that tripala Suranam is good for eye sight problems. Is that true? Can I use it for my 8 years old?how should I use it?

• yes, it is true that it improves eye sight. you can use triphala orally half a tea spoon mixed with honey. and also for prakshalana or washing of eye with the decoction of triphala. to prepare decoction of it you have to take coarse powder instead of fine powder.

31. Avinash kumar says:

Hi my name is avinash kumar.my age is 21.my bp is 140/90from 6 months.sir please suggest me medicine.Sir my body is slim .can i take triphala for my bp.

32. Sir
    You have suggested three methods of intake:

(i)With honey, ghee or warm water before food
    (ii) With warm water before bed
    (iii) Triphala Rasayane to be take with honey and ghee in morning
    Is there any difference in the effect of these three methods?

• 1.in general, triphala choorna is administered along with honey, or ghee or warm water before food.
      2.triphala choorna when advised for the treatment of constipation is to be administered along with warm or hot water at bed tome.
      3.triphala rasayana is different and the method of preparation is given in the context, which is generally administered with honey and ghee in the morning time before food.

33. Hi, I am suffering from hyper acidity since last few months. However, I am taking trifala in the morning daily since last 8 years or so. Now to get rid of this acidity problem, I also started using amla and aloe vera juice in the morning 1 hour after consumption of triphala. Not getting desired results. Please advice me a good remedy. I tried taking trifala in the night and juice in morning but it complicated the problem.

34. Hello Doctor, I have been taking Triphala Juice 20ml daily for last 2 months. I have Gastritis and also taking Alopathic Gas tablet on empty stomach every morning. When is the good time for me to take Triphala and howlong i can continue to take it. Thanks a lot for your kind response.

• hello.., if it is taken in tablet form, default dose is 1-2 tab usually before food. this can be taken up to 4-6 weeks after that according to the doctor’s prescription.

35. Hello doctor.. i needed some clarification about triphala.. is it advisable to take triphala churnam if planning for kids.. does it increases chances ofmiscarriage in intial weeks of pregnancy.. and also can triphala churnam be taken even after the expiry date on the box.. generally as the ayurvedic medicines doesnot have an expiry date.. can you please suggest for my above questions

• yes there is no problem in taking triphala, but it does not help much in conceiving. it does not cause any harm rather.
      after expiry there is no point in taking it, it might have lost all its medicinal values/properties. there is no use in taking medicine after expiry. ayurveda medicines do have expiry periods/shelf life. you can go through shelf life of drugs in easyayurveda.com

36. Hello Doctor,

I have read that Triphala powder is good for hair loss. Could you please let me know the dosage?

Sir, You can use Triphala powder to wash your hair. You can grow your hair with the application of Triphala powder and Aloe vera. You can add some of the powder into warm water and form a paste. Apply it directly on your scalp and wash it off after some minutes.

37. Sir, I need clarity on 2 scenarios……

1) What is the effect if Triphala (2 tablets – IMPCOPS) is taken in the morning before breakfast ( empty Stomach) ?

2) What is the effect if Triphala is taken ( same dose as above) before going to bed with water.

There are several advise given by many people on when to take Triphala….Please advise…

38. What is the Dose of Triphala Tablets to be used by a diabetic patient.
    And should this be consumed before food or after food.

Please reply

Hello Sir, Triphala tablet – 1 – 2 tablets – once or twice a day, usually before food.

Note: the doses of Ayurvedic medicines are not fixed. Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.

39. Dr vinita says:

Sir i am suffering from scalp eczema pl help

40. Doctor,
    I have pita body.my skin is very dry and fungus.skin getting dark.hair losing.what can I do for this.plz advice me.

41. i have throat inflammation due to acid reflex what should i take to cure it

42. Madav Raman says:

Hello Sir,

I want to take just for health purpose and better digestion.
    I’m not suffering from any aliments but my body type is Ushna sharira.
    Can you please suggest me the dosage I need to take everyday.
    Do I need to use Tripala churana or Tripala guggulu?

Thanks,
    Madav

43. Revathi says:

Hi
    I took triphala guggul for 1 week for weight loss after which my periods started ea r lier than usual and lasted for 10 days which otherwise is for about only 4 days. Should I continue with triphala guggul or stop it..Please suggest

44. docor i am a 25yrs old girl always having bloatng stomach
    it increases before periods
    can triphala tablet work

Namaste Madam, Yes it will work.
      Along with that inculcate these:
      1. Eat only when truly hungry
      2. Try chewing on a slice of ginger with lime juice or lemon 20 min before a meal
      3. Avoid drinking anything 30 min after the meal. It will dilute digestive juices and will make it harder to digest food.
      4. Chew on a few fennel seeds

45. Amish Parekh says:

Good to read reviews very help full.
    My problem is frequent release of gas throught day, stomach gets heavy after noon and in the evening. Morning always have feeling my stomach is not clean.
    Pls suggest doses of triphla powder or tablets in a day i need to take.

46. Vivek Aditya Dar says:

Dear Doctor. I am a heart patient. Had two attacks in 2010 . Im diabetic as well and taking diabetic medicines like Jalra 50/500 and Gluconorm G3. Do you suggest that i shud have Trifala powder in warn water . My weight is 80kgs and height around 5ft 9″.
    My fasting Sugar level fluctuates between 135 to 160 and PP 135 to 260.

Do mi need to first consult my doctor or can i i have trifala low dosages . My BP remains at 130-140 / 80-90. Kindly advise me

47. Hello Doctor

Thank you for the wonderful article. Your article and most of the Triphala Churna available commercially has all 3 fruits in equal weight.
    Some references say to make Triphala in ratio 1:2:4 for Haritaki, Bibhitaki & Amla for long term use? Is that true? What are other ratios in which Triphala can be made and their uses for different conditions?

• Hi, usually Triphala is – all the three in equal parts.

48. hello doctor, please tell me the mdicine for pitham. i have a regular problem with vomiting due to diestion problem

49. Hi
    Iam using triphaladi churnam from kottakal from past week at night
    Iam feeling little bloated when I wake up
    Haven’t reduced weight and I feel like Iam increasing ,
    29 yrs old

50. Hello Doctor, what is Sookshma Triphala. How is it different from ordinary and Bruhad Triphala.

• Sookshma Triphala is – regular Triphala – triturated with Kajjali. Here, it carries the same benefits of Triphala, in a smaller dose.
      It is said that it yields enhanced effect. Ayurveda Rasashala also markets Sookshma Triphala.

51. Mansi Shivam says:

How can take this triphla powder ?? I m 23 yrs old nd my eyesight is very weak .Kindly help.

• one teaspoon at night, with a teaspoon of honey and 5 drops of ghee. Make a paste and swallow it with a cup of lukewarm water. Continue it for 2 months time. For further advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.
      For email advice, please write to our health experts here (paid service) – http://easyayurveda.com/consult/

52. Hello Doctor,

I had written to you earlier on delayed periods and triphala consumption. Is it ok to continue with triphala after periods?
    Will consuming just Amla powder give same benefits?

• Amla is different than Triphala.
      Triphala can be consumed even after periods.

• Thank you!
        I just found out that the Triphala purchased here in USA has equal proportion of the Haritaki, bibhitaki and Amalaki and was taking this. I have purchased each separate and mixed them in 1:2:4 proportion as mentioned above.

53. Dr. Raja lakshmi Gopalan says:

My husband is 78 years in age. Taking one triphala tablet at bed time with a cup of warm milk. Gives one week off every month. He is lean, weighs only 46 kg. Is this because of triphala. He has no major health problem, B. P. Normal, no sugar. He has sporadic pain in different parts. Taking shallakki 125 mg. Twice a day and aswaghabda lahiyam 5g twice. Please advice if triphala can be continued.

54. Hi doctor, I (28 yrs old) have been suffering from constipation since long time. Triphala help me a lot but I dint take it regular basis and I take it in span of 10 to 15 days. How long triphala should be taken to cure permanently. Is triphala good option to cure permanently.? Pls advise.

55. Hi doctor, I have consulted an ayurvedic doctor for hair fall.. he suggested to take TriPhala tablet and thalisathi tablet twice a day. But i am getting stomach irritation after eating the tablets. Please suggest if i should continue with the tablets.

56. kundumani says:

very good details about triphala

57. What is the proper ratio of the 3 fruits? Most companies sell 1:1:1 products but I’ve read in some places that it should best be 1:2:4 ratio of bibhitaki:haritaki:amalaki. Its a pretty big difference. What are your thoughts about this and do you know of any company who sells the 1:2:4 version? Thanks

58. What is the benefit of taking triphalla before food vs after food?

Thnaks

59. Can triphalla churna be taken immediately after food?