Triphala churna is one of the most famous and widely used Ayurvedic product. It comes in herbal powder form. Tri means three, Phala means fruit. It is made of three fruits.
- Triphala is a powerful source of anti oxidants.
- It helps to calm Kapha and Pitta
- It is used regularly in patients having pre diabetes.
- It is also used in the treatment for diabetes, due to its rich anti oxidant property.
- Water decoction / Kashaya prepared with Triphala powder is used to treat non healing wounds. learn how to prepare triphala kashaya
- It is extremely beneficial in skin diseases
- It is good for improving eye sight and to treat computer vision syndrome
- It helps to improve taste
- It is also used in the treatment of chronic fever.
- Triphala churna is useful to relieve laziness.
- Triphala weight loss – It is also used in the treatment of obesity.
Phala trika, Vara.
Triphala churan – this term is widely used in north India
Triphala choorna, Triphala churnam – these terms are famous in Kerala and Tamil Nadu
Triphala churna dosage is – 1 – 3 grams with honey, ghee or warm water, before food.
Triphala tablet – 1 – 2 tablets – once or twice a day, usually before food.
Triphala capsule – 1 – 2 capsule – once or twice a day, usually before food.
If you are taking Triphala to improve taste, or to treat oral ulcers, then it makes sense to take it in churna (powder) form. For any other purpose, it can be taken in tablet or capsule form.
it is made of three fruits. The dry powder of fruit rind of these three fruits are mixed in equal proportions.
- Amla – Emblica officinalis – Indian gooseberry
- Haritaki – Terminalia chebula – Chebulic Myrobalan
- Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica – Belleric Myrobalan
Triphala side effects:
These are the side effects reported by my clients so far.
Burning sensation in the body. (patient was having sensitive stomach).
Triphala capsule – Increased dryness
Lack of sleep.
It is used as a daily tonic by many, due to its rich anti oxidant activity. People with diabetes need to inform doctor, if they are taking Triphala choornam.
Where to buy?
aff – Amazon website link - Triphala in powder, capsule and tablet forms
Triphala churna reference: Bhavaprakasha Nighantu, Haritakyadi Varga, 42,43