Mandur Bhasma is an Ayurvedic medicine prepared from Iron Oxide. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of anemia, jaundice, inflammation etc. This medicine should only be taken strictly under medical supervision.
Mandur Bhasma Uses: It is used in treatment of Anemia, Jaundice, anorexia, inflammatory conditions, injuries. It improves strength and immunity. It acts as natural aphrodisiac.
Because of its iron content, it is used as an ingredient in hair oil, such as Vishwa Keshya Taila
Chemical composition – Iron Oxide.
Effect on Tridosha – Balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Has special effect to balance Pitta.
Mandoor Bhasma dosage:
250 mg once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with honey, Triphala kashaya, Punarnavashtak Kwath, etc.
Mandoor Bhasma side effects:
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- Over-dosage may cause severe poisonous side effects.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Mandur Basma preparation, ingredients, how to make:
Purified Iron Oxide pieces are made into fine powder by grinding. It is further ground with Triphala Kashaya (water decoction), made into flat, disc shaped cakes, dried, and subjecter to 800 – 900 degree Celsius for 3 – 4 hours. This process is repeated for thirty times to obtain Mandur Bhasma (Iron Oxide Calx)
Reference: Rasatarangini 20/132-134
Expiry date: 5 years from the date of manufacture.
Research article: Lipolytic activity
Manufacturers: Uma Ayurvedics pvt. Ltd. Dabur