Rasakarpoora is an Ayurvedic medicine, with herbal and mineral ingredients, in powder / tablet form. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of diarrhea, worm infestation, etc. This medicine should only be taken strictly under medical supervision.
It is used to treat Diarrhea, Dysentery, Helminthiasis, skin diseases, pruritis, boils, chancroid, microbial infection, anorexia, ulcers, non healing wounds.
2 – 4 mg mg tablets once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
It is traditionally administered along with cinnamon.
Rasa karpura side effects:
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- It is to be avoided in children and pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Over-dosage may cause many poisonous side effects.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Rasa karpoora ingredients:
Shuddha Parada – Purified and processed Mercury – 48 g
Shuddha Gandhaka – Purified and processed Sulphur – 72 g
Saindhava – Rock Salt – 120 g
Purified Mercury and Sulphur are taken in a flask, heated over fire till the water evaporates. Then Rock salt is added. This is heated in Kupipakwa for 3 – 6 hours to get Rasakarpura.
Reference of Rasa Karpura: Rasatarangini 6/65- 75
Proprietary Ayurvedic medicines with Rasa Karpooram as ingredient:
Dermonim Tablet – Manufactured by Imis Pharmaceuticals, used for the treatment of leucoderma, eczema.