Kanta Vallabha Rasa is an Ayurvedic medicine, with herbal and mineral ingredients, in tablet / powder form. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of anemia and liver diseases. This medicine should only be taken strictly under medical supervision.
Kanta Vallabha Rasa Benefits:
- It is used in treating anemia, liver diseases such as jaundice. It is also useful in splenomegaly.
- It improves digestion, useful in malabsorption syndrome, cough, cold, bronchitis, asthma, Pthisis, emaciation, fever, anorexia, vomiting.
- It is useful in skin diseases, pain due to Vata, weakness, tiredness.
- It is also used in treatment of Oligospermia.
Kanta Vallabha Ras dosage:
(125 mg)1 – 2 tablets once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
It is traditionally administered along with honey.
Kantavallabh Rasa side effects:
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- It is to be avoided in children and pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Overdosage may cause many side effects including gastritis.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Kanta Vallabha Rasa ingredients:
Kanta Loha Bhasma – 160 g
Loha Bhasma – Bhasma prepared from Iron – 140 g
Mandura Bhasma – 120 g
Tankana Bhasma – Borax – 10 g
Manashila – Purified and processed Realgar (Arsenic di sulphide) – 80 g
Shilajatu – Asphaltum – 60 g
Shuddha Parada – Herbal purified Mercury – 660 g
Shuddha Gandhaka – Herbal purified Sulphur – 660 g
First purified Mercury and Sulphur are triturated to make Kajjali (black powder mix).
The remaining ingredients are added to it, and subjected to Kupipakwa method of processing.
Reference: Vaidyayoga Ratnavali – 209