Dhanwantharam kashayam is an Ayurvedic medicines used in Ayurvedic post natal care. It is in herbal decoction form. It is also available in the form of Kashayam tablet form.
Dhanwantharam kashayam benefits:
- Used in Ayurvedic post natal care of mother and in gynaecological diseases.
- It is also effective against Vata diseases, low back ache
- It is a good uterine tonic.
- Useful in arthritis conditions like pain, numbness on hands and feet, swelling.
- Effective in cases like fever, indigestion, hydrocele, gulma, strained micturition, vaginal ailments and consumption.
- A palliative in paraplegia, facial paralysis, bahyayama, antarayama, waitsing and numbness and excellent in nervous disorders.
Dhanwantharam kashayam Side effects:
In post natal care, this medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision only.
In higher doses, it may worsen gastritis.
Dhanwantharam kashayam dosage:
- 5 – 10 ml, before food, or on empty stomach, once or twice a day or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- If the kashayam is concentrated, then it needs to be mixed with equal quantity of water and should be taken.
Dhanwantaram gulika or Ksheerabala and other tailas [avarti].
How long does it take to start showing results?
Depends on the dosage and other products suggested with this. Usually 1 – 2 weeks time.
Can this product be taken along with Allopathic medicines (English medicines)?
It may react with some medicines. Consult your doctor for the right advice. When English and Ayurvedic medicines are advised together, it is best to take English medicine first, give a gap of half an hour and then take Ayurvedic medicines.
Can it be used in people with diabetes?
Yes. But an eye should be kept on the blood sugar level. Your doctor should help you in this regard. This product can alter blood sugar levels.
It is sold in plastic bottles. Is it fine?
If the quality of the bottle material is very good, it should not be problem, if stored for a short period of time.
Can this be taken without consulting a doctor?
No. In many cases, this product alone might not work. More often this is given in combination with a few Ayurvedic medicines. Your Ayurveda practitioner will be the best judge to decide on those things.
Can one take non vegetarian food while taking this medicine?
Yes, unless your practitioner has asked to avoid it.
Is there any Pathya (diet rules to be followed while taking this product?
No product specific diet is mentioned. If the practitioner has advised diet control based on disease, one has to follow that.
Avoid excess spicy foods, junk foods, aerated drinks, frozen and canned foods
Can this be taken while taking multivitamin tablets?
Yes, generally. Your consulting doctor will be good judge on this topic.
Dhanwantharam kashayam ingredients:
The kashayam is prepared by following herbs in equal parts.
- Bala moola – Root of Sida rotusa
- Yava – Barley – Hordeum vulgare
- Kulattha – Horse gram – Dolichos biflorus
- Dashamoola – group of ten roots –
- Bilva – Aegle marmelos
- Agnimantha – Premna mucronata
- Shyonaka – Oroxylum indicum
- Gambhari – Gmelina arborea
- Patala – Stereospermum suaveolens
- Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum
- Prinshnaparni – Urarica picta
- Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris
- Brihati – Solanum indicum
- Kantakari – Solanum xanthocarpum
- Meda – Polygonatum cirrhifolium
- Mahameda – Polygonatum verticillatum
- Daru – Cedrus deodara
- Manjishta – Rubia cordifolia
- Kakoli – Fritillaria roylei
- Ksheerakakoli – Lilium polyphyllum
- Chandana – Pterocarpus santalinus
- Sariva – Hemidsemus indicus
- Kushta – Saussurea lappa
- Tagara – Valeriana wallichi
- Jeevaka – Malaxis acuminata
- Rishabhaka – Manilkara hexandra
- Saindhava – Rock salt
- Kalanusari – Ichnocarpus frutescens
- Shaileya – Convolvulus pluricaulis
- Vacha – Acorus calamus
- Agaru – Aquilaria agallocha
- Punarnava – Boerhaavia diffusa
- Ashwagandha – Withania somnifera
- Shatavari – Asparagus racemosus
- Ksheerashukla – Anogeissus latifolia (?)
- Yashti – Licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Vara = Triphala – Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellirica, Amla (Emblica officinalis)
- Shatahva – Saccharum munja / Peucedanum graveolens
- Mashaparni – Teramnus labialis
- Mudgaparni – Phaseolus trilobus / Vigna libosa
- Ela – Cardamom – Elettaria cardamomum
- Twak – Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Patra – Cinnamomum tamala
- Ashtanga Hrudayam
- In Sahasra Yoga, Dhanwantaram Tailam is explained. The ingredients of the Kashayam and tailam are one and the same.
Companies that manufacture this product:
- AVN Ayurveda Formulations Pvt Ltd – manufactures both Kashayam and kashayam tablet
- Arya Vaidya Sala Kottakkal
- AVP, Kottakkal, Nagarjuna, Santhigiri
Q: Does it cause restlessness in children?
If it is given before food, if the baby gets hungry, due to excess hunger, baby may show restlessness symptoms. In such a case, consider giving it after food. Even with this change, if restlessness continues, stop it and consult a doctor directly.