Dhanadanayanadi kashayam is an Ayurvedic medicines used in treating neurological diseases of Vata origin. It is in herbal decoction form. It is also available in the form of Kashayam tablet form. This medicine is based on Kerala Ayurvda practice.
Dhanadanayanadi kashayam benefits:
- Used in Ayurvedic treatment of facial paralysis, paraplegia, hemiplegia
- Used in treatment of tremors of various etiology.
Dhanadanayanadi kashayam Side effects:
People who are under medication for high BP should take this medicine only under medical supervision.
Can this kwatham be taken while having low BP?
Yes. It can be taken.
Dhanadanayanadi kashayam dosage:
- 5 – 10 ml, before food, or on empty stomach, once or twice a day or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- If the kashayam is concentrated, then it needs to be mixed with equal quantity of water and should be taken.
Dhanadanayanadi kashayam ingredients:
The kashayam is prepared by following herbs in equal parts.
Dhanadanayana – Caesalpinia bonduc
Shunti – Ginger – Zingiber officinalis
Shigru – Morinda oleifera
Rasna – Pluchea lanceolata
Ugragandha – Acorus calamus
Varuna – Crataeva nurvala
Lashuna – Garlic – Allium sativum
Krishna – Long pepper – Piper longum
Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica
Eranda – Ricinus communis
Surataru – Cedrus deodara
Ghana – Cyperus rotundus
Pathya – Terminalia chebula
Barbara – Clerodendron serratum
Sahasrayoga kashaya prakarana – Ardita Akshepaka vatahara kashaya
धनदनयन शुण्ठी शिग्रु रास्नोग्रगन्धा
वरुण लशुन कृष्णा चित्रकैरण्डकैश्च
सुरतरु घनपथ्या बर्बरै: संभृताम्भ:
शमयति परिपीतं सार्दिताक्षेपवातान् ॥
dhanadanayana śuṇṭhī śigru rāsnogragandhā
varuṇa laśuna kṛṣṇā citrakairaṇḍakaiśca
surataru ghanapathyā barbarai: saṃbhṛtāmbha:
śamayati paripītaṃ sārditākṣepavātān ||
Companies that manufacture this product:
- AVN Ayurveda Formulations Pvt Ltd – manufactures both Kashayam and kashayam tablet
- Arya Vaidya Sala Kottakkal
- AVP, Kottakkal, Mukti, Nagarjuna, Santhigiri
How long can it be taken?
It is usually prescribed for a period of 6 – 8 weeks time. Dose is gradually decreased thereafter.
Shelf life – 3 years from the date of manufacturing.
There are no side effects with this medicine.
Dilute it with equal quantity of water before taking it.
This is generally considered as safe during lactation and in children.
Seek your doctor’s advice for its use during pregnancy.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
Keep it away from children.