Brahmi Ghrita Benefits, Dosage, How To Use, Side Effects, Ingredients, Reference

Brahmi Ghrita is a very famous Ayurvedic medicine, in herbal ghee form. This medicine has ghee as its base. It is used for preparatory procedure for Panchakarma and also as medicine, mainly for treatment of improving intelligence, learning skills and speech.
Brahmi Ghrita benefits:
It is widely used as medicine and also in preparatory procedure called snehakarma for the treatment of improving learning skills, intelligence, memory, speech. It is also used in the treatment of skin diseases, epilepsy and female infertility. Reportedly overcomes impotency.
It is used for treating
Depression,
Fatigue,
Myalgia – depression induced bodyache
Stress disorder

Effect on Tridosha – Calms Vata, Pitta and Kapha
Brahmi Ghritam dosage:
As medicine – quarter to half teaspoon with water, usually before food, once or twice a day, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
For Panchakarma preparation – Snehana procedure, the dose depends on the disease status and the judgement of Ayurvedic doctor.
It is usually administered with warm water.

Pathya:

Light pathya rules are to be followed. Avoid wine and non-vegetarian food. Keep the body clean.

How to use Brahmi Ghrit as a brain tonic for healthy people?
If you are healthy, still want to use Brahmi ghrita, then take half a teaspoon of this, just before your morning cup of coffee / tea / milk. You can take it for up to two months. Note that you have to have some hot drink  or at least hot water, after taking this herbal brain tonic ghee.

Brahmi Ghritam Side Effects:
However it is best to use this product under medical supervision. Self medication with this medicine is discouraged.
People with diabetes, high cholesterol, heart diseases and high BP should exercise precaution.
In very high dose, it may cause diarrhoea and indigestion.

Side effect recorded by Ms Shubhra –
Hello doctor, my baby is 3 years old. I started giving her Brahmi Gritham 1 tablespoon with milk. But she started getting blood in her stools. This stopped as soon as I stopped the medicine. Since is underweight (only 11 kgs at this 3.4 years), I wanted to give her food supplement to improve her immunity and strength.

Synonyms: brahmi ghrita, brahmi ghritam, brahmi ghrit, brahmi ghritham

Brahmi Ghrit Ingredients:

purāṇaṃ ghṛtamunmādālakṣmyapasmārapāpanut||25||

Old cow ghee (1 part) is cooked with
4 parts of Brahmi Juice (Bacopa monnieri) and
The paste of
Vacha – Acorus calamus Linn.),
Kushta – Saussurea lappa and
Shankhapuspi – (1/4th part in total)
This medicated ghee is indicated in –
Unmada – insanity
Alaksmi – inauspiciousness
Apasmara – epilepsy and
Papa – effects of devil deeds [25]

Scientific research on Brahmi Ghrita in patients of depression:
In a clinical study conducted by Dept. of Panchakarma & Manasa Roga, I.P.G.T. & R.A., Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar, India, Brahmi ghrita showed moderate improvement in 50% patients and mild improvement in 35% patients. Its total effect was statistically highly significant (p<0.005) as compared to placebo.

Food to avoid and have during Brahmi Ghrit –
1. It is better to drink hot water soon after taking Brahmi Ghritham.
2. It is best to avoid cold water  / cold food stuff soon after taking this ghee.
3. While taking this ghee, better to avoid excess of garlic and onion and excess of non veg food. (to improve Satt/vik nature of mind)

Food to take –
Vitamin E Rich food like almonds, sunflower seeds, Fortified cereals, Nuts, Vegetable oils, peanuts, Cooked spinach, Tomato, turnip greens, peanut butter, wheat germ, Avocado.
Fish oil, soyabean are some of food that are good to take.

Shelf life: 2 years from the date of manufacture.
Manufacturer:
Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala, Zandu
Packaging: 150 grams

Pregnancy, lactation and children:
Seek medical advice for its usage during pregnancy.
It can be administered to lactation mother and children.

Brahmi Ghritam is used along with Swarna Bhasma (Gold calx) in a childhood healthcare program called Swarna Prashana Samskara, useful in improving immunity and mental strength of children. Read more about Swarna Bindu Prashana

The product links are affiliate. Do not follow given advice, without consulting your doctor.

Comments

1. bunty rahmaniac says:

I got brahmi ghrita..I have doubt for that. My brahmi ghrita’s colour is not green side.Brahmi has natural green colour so should brahmi ghrita have green colour or it should be only white colour of ghee ?

• Colour variations are common in Ayurveda products. The same medicine of two different batches from same company might have different colours. Because, everytime we can not get same quality of herbs with similar specifications. I suggest you to not to worry much about this.

• bunty rahmaniac says:

Yes Dr,As you said colour may be different from batch to batch..And I added quarter tsp brahmi ghrita into hot milk (not too hot) and milk got brahmi’s natural colour …

2. Can I give it to my daughter who has athetoid cerebral palsy and is 4 yrs old

• Yes, it can be beneficial. Try with 5 drops at bed time, before food with lukewarm milk / warm water. IF she develops any indigestion, consult your Ayurveda doctor.

• asulabha sathyan says:

hello sir,
        im a student and i am 15 years old and a resident of bahrain.
        by nw its almost 2 weeks since i have taken brahmi ghritam.
        my grandmother send this to me from india and said that i have to take it everyday with out fail. and because of my busy schedule i havent done exctaly as she told me.
        Mostly i take it on alternate days.
        i just browsed by your site today and saw all about medical supervision nd the side effects of excess dose and everything. and also i dint take warm water after i had the ghee because i was not aware of it and i have a lot of non veg and less of veg.
        so can u please advice me what excatly to do so as to follow it correctly.
        And also is there any way i can know if the remedy is working or not?
        waiting for ur reply soon.

3. Hello Doctor,

I have purchased Brahmi Ghritam for me. The fluid inside the bottle is very thick and i am not able to swallow it. Its from Arya Vaidya Sala ..what should i do ?.

• Hello Nil, This is normal. You can heat it in a water bath for two minutes. Or you can take 1 – 2 pea size dose of the solid Brahmi Ghrita (use a small spoon). Drink a cup of warm water after taking this.

• Dr Hebbar, I am taking it now for 10 days. I felt like after a few days that its works on my mental and focus. Now I feel like it doesn’t work not like before. I am taking it because of mentally tiredness and was too much on my thinking. Also have panic and stress. I feel its little bit better.. But just wanna now after how long time its works best?
        Seems to be very good for physicologic problems.
        So gonna need some more time to get better?
        Thanks a lot..

4. Do we have to prescribe a doctor to have brahmi grhta? I am a student and I want to take it so tat helps me in memory enhancement!

5. Vijayasankar says:

Hi Sir, I am undergoing treatment for seronegative arthritis and lumbar prolapse, in this treatment I was now given this brahmi ghritam… May I know in which way it I’ll help me…

6. i have very hectic schedule, lots of mind games work…at night i feel my head very heavy and i wake up suddenly while asleep, by snoring heavy..
    so do i start brahmi ghrita for my condition with or without medical supervision?

• You can take half a teaspoon, just before your morning tea / coffee for a week time to see if it helps. If it works, then you can take it for up to two months and then stop it.

• anil saini says:

Thanks Dr. for sharing your wisdom. i have a question for brahmi ghrit. why we can not continue for a longer time as nowadays in environment of stress & pollution we get a lot of wear & tear on a physical & mental level…?

• I do not recommend any medicine for long term use.
          Regarding stress – our body and mind have their own mechanism to handle stress. So, we should make them stronger by Pranayama, healthy food choices, exercise etc. We should always rate the natural measures higher over medicines.
          Only when natural measures are not sufficient, then medicine, therapies etc can be adopted.

Same thing for pollution. Regular use of turmeric, cardamom, ginger, pepper etc spices in dishes, Pranayama, nasya procedures etc should be the long term plan.

7. DR, i have purchased Brahmi Ghrita from Kotakal Aryavaidyasala Outlet.What is the usage pattern and dosage?

• If you are healthy, still want to use Brahmi ghrita, then take half a teaspoon of this, just before your morning cup of coffee / tea / milk. You can take it for up to two months. Note that you have to have some hot drink or at least hot water, after taking this herbal brain tonic ghee.

8. Hi Dr,

Can this be given to my 7 yr old son who is autistic

Thanks,
    Mano

9. Hello DR. I am 21 currently and I was told by one of my friend that this product helps in reducing hair fall and improves blood circulation…. Without consulting any1 I am using this product… Please advise me ?? I have heridity for baldness ?? Any suggestions for me please ??

10. Please advise me that how many weeks does it take for brahmi gritha to work for severe ocd symptoms, psychosis, cognitive problems, etc

11. Dear Dr Hebbar – Where can we buy Brahmi Ghritha in the US ?

12. hii….for my 2yr old daaughter what is the dosage and quantity

13. sir, i m very short tempered person and angry very soon, does bramhi or saraswatha ghritam benefits me?

14. Can pregnant women take Brahmi ghritam throughout pregnancy?

15. When can we start giving brahmi grit a for babies.? My baby jus completed her 6 months.

• Hi, you can start giving it – just one small drop per day from 6th month onwards for 2 – 3 months. Avoid it when baby has cold or fever. Consult your doctor before giving any medicine – Allopathic / Ayurvedic.

16. hey doc..I am a student and i want to know how i start taking brahmi ghrita for increasing my memory..
    Thanx

17. hi sir
    my child downsynrome (special childz)i am giving 14 days treatmen basti. again i can give 1sp daily to him. it will help him. or i need to stop.monthly 14days i will give. is it fine sir

18. elangovan says:

hi sir,
    This is Elangovan, Ambathur, Chennai, I want to buy Brahmi Ghee for my 13 yr son. will you pl. give the dealer name in and around chennai.

19. <3 You are so kind, Doctor. Blessing to you. Thank you.

20. Hi, My baby is 3 months old, pls consultant me about dosage. Thank u.

21. sharanya says:

Hello doctor my son is 6 years old with mild cp and developmental delay….. Can I give this to him, If so pls let me know the dosage and duration to be taken. He is weighing between 13 to 14. And where can buy this….

22. Dear Dr. I have daughter with down syndrome she’s 10 year old we are residing in Doha qatar one of my friend suggested me that brahmegeertha is best medcine for brain development so kindly advice i can give to here these medicine if it;s how to use and where can i buy this medicine which compay is better awaiting to your advice

Thanks & regards

kunhammed

23. Abhijeet says:

Hello Dr.,
    Can we use it for nasya..??

24. Dear Doctor,

I understand I should be able to get it delivered to Birmingham thro’ Amazon. I am 50 years old and reading for my PhD this year. Please advice me, how soon would it start to show results? Also, would it improve memory but have an adverse effect on IQ ?

Your kind advice is highly appreciated please,

With best wishes,

25. Hello doctor, which company brahmi ghrita is best?

26. Hello doctor, which company’s brahmi ghrita is best?

27. Hello doctor
    My nephew is detected with downs syndrome. Is this medicine brahmi ghritam good for baby of 11 months now.
    If yes then how do i use it.
    Regards
    Mantej

• hello,
      brahmi gritha can be used in children of 11 months mixed with swarna bhasma, as swarna prashana. it helps in brain development. the dose and method of administration must be decided by an Ayurvedic doctor near to you.

28. Namaste Vaidji,

I would like to know if Brahmi Juice is the same as Brahmi Sharbat available in the market these days?

Thanking you for your co-operation,

Regards,
    Kersasp Nalladaru

• namaste,
      it depends the place of manufacture. because always in south many a times brahmi is replaced by mandookaparni which is also having similar effect as that of brahmi. otherwise sharbat is the one which is sugary drink and juice is the as it is extract of brahmi.

29. Chandramohan says:

Hi,
    I have bought one bottle of Brahmee gritham for my granddaughter who is 3 year old at Munnar Kochi How shall i give this herb medicine.

30. Sir 22 age can i take brahmi ghrit ( baidynath) for memory support . How much time does I required to take it . Please tell me is it contain bacopa monneri or gotu kola

31. nareshoo7 says:

Sir can I take patanjali chyawanprash with brahmi ghrit ( baidynath) for memory retardation age 22

32. nareshoo7 says:

Sir I am taking brahmi ghrit from 25 day its affect increase regularly bu after 25 days on one day morning its affect decrease to zero. I feel afraid so what can it do . I am using one 100 gm bottle in 6 days of baidynath

33. Sir brahmi ghrit cause stomach upset what can I do age 22. I am taking 2 teaspoon in the morning only

34. Hi sir how can I gain weight

35. Sir age 22 brahmi ghrit cause stomach upset. What can I do . I am taking 1 small teaspoon in the morning only

36. siva reddy says:

hi,

can i mix this with some hot water and drink it directly….?

• hi,
      rather mixing it up with hot water it is easier to consume the gritha alone in one stretch and then drink hot water. it is the correct way to administer also.

37. Gud evening Sir,

My Mother aged 51 years affected by Epilepsy at may 2015..at that time she was in unconsious stage for 2 days.. we admitted in ICU ward. my Mother MRI scan report for Brain told.. Left mesial temporal sclerosis..because of this problem only my mother get Epilepsy..doctor told and discharged with one week.. Doctor prescribed for anti epilepsy tablets…15 days once we go to hospital and consult with doctor..but my mother feel leg pain and sometimes hand pain and sometimes whole body pain..so we consult with local siddha doctor for pain releif..The doctor prescibed brahmi ghrutham..from today onwards my mother taking this ghrutham. I request you to please reply me how useful this medicine for my Mother problem and dosage.. and how to take this medicine for my mother problem..

• this is useful in such condition if it is not associated with diabetes, hypertension or hyper cholestremia.
      default dose is quarter to half tea spoon with warm water usually before food once or twice daily.

38. Mahendra gaur says:

mahendra gaur i have mind weakness so one doctor prescripe me to get brahmi poder with milk and smrutihills cap so it is better?
    i doubt that he prescripe me brahmi powder inspite of brahmi ghee.
    please suggest me.

Sir both are the similar. The doctor must have prescribed that medicine based on your health, constitution, age.

39. Mahendra gaur says:

I have mindweakness one doctor prescripe me to get brahmi powder and smuritihills cap inspite of brahmi ghee so suggest me it is better for me.

40. Hi my daughter is 4 year old and she has got her speech delayed she talks the sentences but not able to talk on her own independently and she has got problem in understanding so Ayurvedic doc gave the bramhigrita so will this help my child and what should be the dosage and how long will it take to help my daughter …. Please suggest doctor

• it will help in such condition. regarding dosage it is not advisible to take online suggestion for such young kids, since the dose of any gritha always depends on the digestion power of the person. please confirm the dose with your doctor.

• Thank you sreedevi Ji for the response my daughter is unable to take the medicine due to its smell and she throws up right away so I asked doctor he said they have granules of bramhigrita I just wanted to know are these the same and do they work with the same efficiency and how can I give them please respond …

Thanks in advance

41. Hi
    Can I give to my 2 months old baby. If yes then how and in which quantity.

42. Sir, I am a lactating mother of my 2 1/2 months old. Can I take brahmi ghritha or fresh brahmin juice…..if yes please suggest the amount also…..can I give fresh brahmin juice to my little one also?

43. Priyanka Shelke says:

Hello Sir,
    I watched Balaji Tambe’s program on TV in which he told to give bramhalin grut to infants. My daughter is 2.5 years old and she is all good with speech, logic, learning, observations. I want to know will this product be given to her? and how much? Other query is, if she starts taking it, will warm water do after that dose coz she is just 2.5yrs and will not drink hot water or milk. she takes very mild milk or water. So how shall I proceed with it? Please reply and thanks in advance for your valuable time

• yes of course it can be given in a very little dose of about a quarter tea spoon. but it is to be given with warm water only to facilitate digestion, not too hot, and not at all with milk it will cause indigestion. other wise you can simply give her fresh brahmi juice extract from its fresh leaves daily.

44. I am a lactating mother of my 2 1/2 month old…..can I take brahmi ghritha or fresh brahmin juice…..if yes please suggest the amount…..can I give fresh brahmi juice to my little one also…..

• you can take it no problem in a dose of half a tea spoon morning in empty stomach with warm water for 2 months.
      you can take fresh brahmi juice also, but for your little one it is better to start after 6 months.

45. sangeetha says:

Dr,
    I read Nasyam with gritam will calm down hyper kids.can I use brahmi gritam for doing nasyam in 4 year old kid. could you please explain the precautions of doing nasyam.

• although it is indicated for children but fr performing nasya in person guidance of an efficient Ayurveda doctor is must. so, it is better to consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

46. Hi Dr. Can you advise where can i get this product in Malaysia. Thank you.

47. Thank you Dr

48. Hi i am 5 months pregnant and my dr suggest me used bramhalien syrup bt i want to what the effect of syrup in baby

49. Dear doctor, I am suffering from migraine and my memory also not good nervousness and palpitation and acidity are with that and Maine bahut se doctor aur vaidh se medicine li hai par problems rahati Hi hai can I take barahmi ghrit to get some benefit? Thanks

50. Sir, I had been taking Brahni ghritha for the last 27 days but could’ t find a significant improvement in my memory. How many more days should I consume brahmi to see a noticeable change?
    Dr I had been to Bangalore for 10 days and had taken Brahmi Ghrithm with me and had consumed it in the way prescribed. Could the cold climate have reduced the benefit of brahmi?

Madam, It takes atleast 2 months for a considerable change. And it is based on your age, strength and constitution.

51. Sir, I have been taking Brahmi Ghritha in a dose of 1/2 a teaspoon in empty stomach with warm water for the last 27 days but couldn’t find any significant improvement in my memory. I am 26 years and I am suffering from weak memory. Can you suggest me for how many more days should I consume this medicine to have a noticeable improvement in my memory.
    Dr, I had been to bangalore for 10days where I carried Brahmi Ghritha with me and had consumed it in the way prescribed. Could the cold climate have reduced the benifits of Brahmi?

52. rachit kalia says:

Hello sir. I am 18 years old .i have started taking brahmi tablets a week ago.sir i am also taking isotretinoin medicine.i just wanted to know that can i take brahmi medicine even in my course of isotretinoin? And plz tell me the duration for which i should takebrahmi..thank you

53. Sir, I have been taking Brahmi Ghritha for the last 29 days in a dose of half a teaspoon in empty stomach with warm water. But I am not able to see a significant change in my memory. I am suffering from weak memory. How many more days should I consume Brahmi to have a noticeable change in my memory.
    Dr I had been to Bangalore for 10 days and had taken Brahmi Ghritha with me and had been consuming Brahmi in the prescribed way. Would the cold climate have reduced the benefit of Brahmi?

54. sibitha says:

sir, i bought this product but it is labelled as brahmee ghrutham. and is that the same one

55. sir i bought this product but it is labelled as brahmee ghrutham and is that the same one

56. Thankyou Sir

57. Thankyou Mdadam

58. Srilatha says:

Can you take Brahmi Gritham for more than 4 months? I started using Brahmi Gritham for my daughter and it seems to be working. I am afraid to stop though. Is it ok to continue? What happens if you keep giving it to her? Are there any negative effects if we give it for more time?

• After 4 months of usage, it is best to reduce the dose by 25% in successive months and eventually stop it.
      In a small dose of just 5 drops a day, Brahmi ghrita can be continued for 4 – 6 months, under doctor’s guidance.
      There are no big side effects. But it is not good to make the child dependent on any medicine for a long term.

• Srilatha says:

Thank you Doctor. Can you please tell me what kind of side effects will be there if you used it for a long time? I used it for my daughter for more than an year now. One of my friends suggested Brahmi Gritham and I ordered online and started using it may be 10 drops morning and evening. Also, are there any withdrawal symptoms I should be worried about after I stop? Please advise.

• Hi, there are no withdrawal effects and there are no big side effects. But after one year of use, it is better to taper down the dose and stop it.
          I do not recommend continuing any medicine, without need.

59. Ahmed Hussain says:

I got irritation dizziness and feeling exhausted not interested in anything and i cant able enjoy life every moment i feel something wrong happening to my body and mind. For the abovr problem can i take brahmi ghee please suggest me iam on allopathy medication but its shows side effects i like to go on ayurvedic for safe medication.

60. Hello Dr.
    I am jyoti from India, my daughter is in 10th Std. now. she is an averages students, forgets soon. very lazy too. i am worried about her. can i start giving here your bhrami Grita, if yes what should be the dosage, what timing and how long. pls reply

Yes madam you can give. Quarter to half teaspoon with water, usually before food, once or twice a day, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. Along with this here are some more remedies:
      1. Soak 5 to 10 almonds in water overnight.The next morning make her eat them along with milk for 30 days.
      2. Amla juice enhances memory power and strengthen the nervous system.
      3. Eat a well-balanced and nutritious diet including vitamins A, B12, C, beta-carotene, folic acid, zinc, iron, calcium and magnesium.
      4. Include herbs and spices like holy basil, turmeric and black pepper in your regular diet as they help boost memory.

61. ludovic says:

Hello
    this product with a purpose langhana on the body ? Can you use it to chase ama smoothly ?
    Best regards

62. Sir, I m 35 years old female. I have social anxiety disorder. I feel extreme fear when I m around people. I also get head tremors from past many years. I am taking Ashwagandha it is good but can’t overcome tremors. Is bhrami better than Ashwagandha? Please give me proper guidance what should I do as I need it badly. Thank u so much.

• Hi, Ashwagandha along with brahmi ghrita looks appropriate but you will need to consult an Ayurveda doctor directly for the right dose and right combination.

63. Dear Sir, my 2 year old son’s head circumference is detected around 2.5 cm less than WHO standards(according to doctor) and doctor is willing to give him a syrup that contains some “fish oil” for DHA etc, my son’s behavior is normal and even claverer according to his age..we follow strict vegetarian diet..can Brahmi Ghrit be beneficial for my son ..and by any chance can we avoid this “fish oil” medicine??(can Brahmi Ghrit substitute that?)

• Hi, I agree with your doctor on fish oil advice. I suggest you to go ahead with his advice. Along with that, Brahmi ghrita – 2 ml per day, can be given to your son. All the best.

64. Dr sonia says:

Hi doctor
    My daughter is 4 and half years old.
    She’s is having mild development delay and difficulty in understanding. I have read about brahmi ghrit at your site.
    Can I give it to my daughter and what should be dosage. Pls advice.

Regards
    Dr sonia.

• Namaste Doctor, Yes you can give. Kindly consult a Ayurvedic Physician for the correct dosage as the dose of any gritha always depends on the digestion power of the person.

65. K.P.K.Moorthi says:

Moorthi,Mumbai.
    I had a bypass operation in Jan 16.Now everything seems ok..Only problem I face now
    left eye vision seems to be affected as I am not able to see on the left side.I was told this has happened due to Angiography done and MRI also seems to show the same clogging of nerve;One of my relatives suggested taking Brahmagreetham to rectify the problem;Is it ok if I take Brahmagritham;Can I take the existing medicine given for hypertension Metolor XR,LNitro,Razel Gold by Cardiologist and by Neurologist Stozic 50 and COQ300 after seeing perimetry report.

66. Sir
    Mohan Chennai
    1) I am taking epilex chrono 500 for epilepsy.
    2) Due to shoulder pain I approached ayurvada Dr. He Prescribed Brahmi Ghrutham. .
    Any thing need to be followed.
    I need your suggestion.

67. Sir I started using it 15 days back just for enhancing my memory 1tbs daily with warm milk .meanwhile I ate bhaang 4 to 5 times.from there the problem started.i was more confused and conscious level was very low.there I stopped taking brahmi ghrit. Nowadays I am very stressed and keep thinking about my problem .my social life is also hampered as I fear people might come to know about my problem.sir plz advice

68. Hitesh Dhar says:

As brahmi is Fat soluble. Then how Brahmi sharbat can be useful when taken with water?

69. Hello Doctor,

My son is 12 years old and has low memory. Your article on Brama Grihta is very useful. Can you please let me know if I can give him 1/2tsp of Brahma Grihta to him. Is it available in the form of tablet as well?? If yes which one should be purchased and how much and when it should be taken. We are Dubai residents …..will it be available here??

Awaiting your response!!!

70. Hi Sir,
    I have bought some dry Brahmi. Please advice me how to take it.
    Do I have to make powder of leaves only? Can I take it with ghee after I had my dinner?

• Dry the Brahmi, including leaves. Then grind it. Take half a teaspoon of this powder along with a few drops of ghee and a cup of hot water at night, after food. You can continue this remedy for 2 months time.
      I appreciate your keenness to include natural remedies in your routine.

71. Can i take warm lemon honey water after the intake of brahmi ghritam

72. Hello doctor,

My son is 7 yes old and has attention deficit. I read about Brahmi and i bought the Brahmi (mental fitness)from Organic India. 350gms per capsule. Can i give my son one capsule per day in the night with honey. Will it help him improve his attention. How long does he have to consume this?

73. Hello sir.
    My 1.5 yr old baby what is the dosage and quantity?

74. pankaj bhardeaj says:

sir what i the effect of bhrahmi in pregnency…..in first 8 th week and after that

75. is it ok give new born?

76. sir,
    i am 28 years old, i preparing for banking studies but i forgot which i read in past. so, i want to take Bramhi Ghee. please suggest me how can i take this and in which quantity.

77. Sir, My age is 26 and I am suffering from social anxiety and feeling flurry. So please advice me for how can I take this medicine and to how much time.

78. Hello good day,
    I am going through depression and loss of strength from last 5 months. Can I take brahmi, ashwaganda, mulethi , triphala, shankhpushpi, karela, neem, tulsi. Amla from 2 months, 1 table spoon 2 times a day ?

Shamith

79. Dr. As per advice i gave my son brahmin only for 30 days around sep. There is a wonderful difference in him in memory. When should i restart the dosage. Is there any specific time gap required? This time i want to give the ghee. Do you suggest any other herbal for concentration.he is an Adhd child.

80. Sir my son is 4 months old brahmaleen siddha ghruta suitable for him if it’s suitable tell me Quantity

81. Hi Doctor sir, My son is 3 year and 2 months old .He is diagnosed with mild to moderate autism 10 days back.we have started behavioral theraphy. the major problem is communication.he says rhymes,numerals and small words(,sleep time…).But doesn’t speak what he wants and he is not able to follow our sentences clearly.will brahmi grits be of any use for him?If yes, pls suggest dosage and time period.we are planning to start MCT coconut oil too.Will it be fine. Please let us know if we can do anything else too.thanks in advance advance

• Bramhi ghrita – half a teaspoon, just before his morning beverage is good for 1 month time.
      For further personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.
      If you want my help in finding a good Ayurveda doctor for you, then let me know your place.

For email advice (not a reliable option, we do not promise any cure), please write to our health experts here (paid service) – http://easyayurveda.com/consult/

82. Hello Dr. My daughter is 4 she speak nicely and too much she talk but some words are not clear so how to make her speech clear? Pls help with this.

• Brahmi Ghrita – 5 drops in the morning, after food or mixed with food for a month should be useful.
      For further personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

83. Nikhill says:

Hello Doctor,
    My son is 5 years old with autism no two way language but has speech , cognitivly very behind peer, has lot fear of loud sounds.
    Can give him brahmi ghritam, he also have low immunity and digestion issues constipation, can you suggest please.
    Also i want to know the ghee used in the preperation is prepared as per ayurvedic recipe from the butter of cultured milk (curd/yougurt) as i have read only that ghee has affinity to cross blood brain barrier to heal brain ailments.
    Many thanks
    Regards,

Nikhil

• Hi, ghee is prepared with cultured method. You can give Brahmi ghritha – 10 drops, with hot milk, in the morning after food for 1 month time.
      For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

84. urmila singh says:

Dr, I am giving Brahami Panchang Juice to my sons 19 and 17 years old for memory and concentration. I read somewhere that it can be given for four months and then stopped. Pl. let me know after how long it can be restarted and also will it be o.k. to have this juice for 3-4 months annually for memory and concentration.

85. AshishGupta says:

Dear Dr JV Hebbar, thanks for all your service.
    A small question, from where I can buy brahmi griht and swarna bhasm of best quality?

86. Hi sir. I am living in abu dhabi. Here i got powder of bramhi and i want to give that to my two and half year old son. Can i mix the powder in cow ghee n give it to him. Please advise me the portion. Thanks

87. Hallo doctor, read your information on swarnabhasma and bramhi grits and Swarna Bindu Prashant, it’s wonderful, . I as waiting for such a detailed information, thank you for this. My son is three and half, I want to give him this medicine, as I stay in Mumbai, I wanted to know , can I get the Swarna Bindu Prashant drops in market so that I can give him daily,at home , if it possible please tell me from where can I get it? Thank you. Mamata

• We can send the Swarna Bindu Prashana to your address. (10 ml pack). I sent the details to your email id. But the email bounced. Let me know your alternate email id.
      Regards

88. Senthil Nathan says:

I was referred to the brahmi grits by a siddha doctor and friend to have it along with food (along with Dhal rice instead of ghee).

Is this right method? Does it benefits the patient?

89. HI Sir,

What is the proper usage and dosage of this Med for an adult aged 37(is it work in this age?) I am using this bcoz of I have a less memory problem and affecting to my career.

Also please advice i need to avoid fish and egg also other than chicken and meat.

please reply

• Hi, you can continue taking fish, egg and chicken while taking this medicine. Regular dose of this medicine is – half a teaspoon in the morning, before food. After taking this, usually half a cup of hot water is good to take.
      For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

90. Hi doctor.
    This along with Brahmi Vati has been recommended for my 6 year old son who is autistic. We have been taking this for a while but sometimes have a break in between before new medicines arrive. My understanding is that he will need these for a few years. You mention that this should not be used long term.
    Thanking you in advance
    Radhika

• Better to use it for 2 months, give a gap of one month. This way, both can be continued for 12 – 18 months.
      You can avoid Brahmi Ghrita during extreme winter and raining seasons.

91. Hello Doctor
    Thanks for responding to all questions. My son who is autistic is taking this. Is there a problem if this is continued for a few years.
    Thanking you in advance.
    Radhika

92. Dr hebbar Namaskar,
    My son has milk autism he is 5 yrs old, he has speech but does not use much language also 2 years behind his age in few areas like comprihension and social cues,
    His ayurvedic doc recommended Ashpi syrup,
    Shankhpushpi (Convilvulus pluricaulis) 100mg in 5ml
    Brahmi ( centella asiatica) 75mg
    Rosa centifoila 25 mg
    Jyotishmati 13mg
    Akkalkaro 10 mg

I asked about mentat which also have brahmi (bacopa along with Centella asiatica) and has Vacha and other herbs
    Only difference is has Vishnkranthi (Evolvulus Alsinoides) instead of Shankhpusphi (Convolvulos Pluricaulis)
    Please guide me is Vishnukranthi is as effective as Shaknhpushpi not sure why Big brand like Himalaya would miss on ayurevic text (Bhava Prakasha) by replacing it with shankhpushpi if its not effective.

Also can u guide us what would be best dose he was recommended 5 ml twice a day for 3 months in a year.

can it be given more than 3 months with breaks as maintenace dose after initial course.

Shall we use ashpi Syrup or Mentat

Looking for your guidance on specific varity efficacy question and two broad Medhya rasanyana

Nikhil

• Dear Mr Nikhil, it is good to continue with Ashpi syrup.

For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

93. Hii I have 7 months old son he is very active and his development is very good as i have using Balaji tambe products since my pregnancy…I want to know that can I give Bramhlin gruta to him as he has no any brain related issues till now
    But I heard that it is very good for brain development and concentration
    Please help

• Brahmi ghrita – herbal ghee – just 1 drop per day, can be given for 1 month. Stop it after one month.
      For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

94. Sir Can i give brahmi juice for my baby who is having just 3.5 months old?is there any sideeffect for this if taken overdose?can i mix brahmi juice with honey?

95. My baby is 2 months old .is it good for me to include brahmi juice in my food,is its good for my baby..any side effect?

96. chinmaya hota says:

Can Brahmi ghritam be taken with hot milk/hot water at night before sleep for healthy people?
    Can they use swarna bhasma (5-10mg) with it as a rasayan for anti ageing/ kayakalp ?

• 1. Yes.
      2. Yes. If facilities are available, better to undergo Vamana + Virechana treatment first and then take this.
      This combination can be taken for just 40 days time. It is better to stop it after 40 days.

97. Hi Dr Hebbar,
    Where can i get Brahmi plant in Bangalore?

98. Mushtaq Ahmed says:

I am having gall stones, can I take Brahmin gritham?

99. I bought brahmi gritam in granuls form but i dont know how to take this
    Can you tell me please

100. Varsha Redkar says:

I have dibetes I can take bramhleen grant I have sinusitis chronic .

101. Dear Doctor,
    My daughter has neuro chemical imbalance for the past 5 years. her age is now 24. she has been treated with alopathic medicine for the past 5 years (zisper plus, don plus and triphen) and now she has been advised to take only zisper forte for 6 months and again for review.
    In the meantime, based on ayurvedic doctor’s (IMPCOPS) advise, I have given her ayurvedic medicine like brahmi gritham, saraswatha churnam, triphala churnam and vallarai – as prescribed by the doctor – for the past 1 year. But he advised me not to stop zisper forte. Please advise when to stop taking zisper forte for my daughter as her body weight is increase and she feels so lethargic in her activities and feels so tired even to do small household activity. Thank you , lalitha

• Hi, allopathic medicines should not be stopped suddenly. Continue consulting with the present Ayurveda doctor. With gradual improvement in symptoms, he will only stop them.

For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

102. Dear Dr. Hebbar,
    After a recent faint episode, I was diagnosed with cystic encephalomalacia in the left temporal lobe and anterior inferior lobe, gliosis and small vessel ischaemic changes. I was prescribed to take allopathic medicine for epilepsy. Could you please let me know if taking Brahmin ghritha will help in improving my present conditions.

103. Padmaja Paul says:

Hello
    I purchased brahmigritham online. It is powder form. I have been using brahmi tone for my daughter who is in 10th STD and have found positive results. 1 tablespoon I used to mix in banana milkshake and give her. I have two queries

Is brahmi tone and brahmidritham the same.
    2 it is in powder form. So how much and how should I give her.

104. Sharath Kumar says:

Dr Hebbar:

Based on your recommendations on this forum, I have been giving Brhami Ghritam to my 2 year old son for about 6 months now. Very small amount on empty stomach. Is it OK to continue for lifelong or should I stop?

105. Hello Dr,

I have taken a Brahmi Ghritham from Kerala Farms in Munnar and as per them it will help in reducing eye sight, speech stammering,memory booster. But i got a powder which i am taking a tea spoon with hot water before food.
    Just want to know will it reduce the above things or it can be useful further.

106. sir,
    Thank you for your valuable advice regarding brammi girudham.
    my daughter aged 16 was diagnosed. BIPOLAR DISORDAR by psychyatrist in october 2017 and treated with medicine. Now she is on
    LITHIUM CARBONATE. 900 Mg , SERTA 50 Mg.When She is identified BIPOLAR ,
    She was excelant in her studies but after this priblam her academic achievements lowerd because of less,even no concentration… no interest to go school…has racing thoughts etc.

Then I knew about the BRAMMI GIRUTHAM , and give her 5 mg in the morning in empty stomach mixed with hot water.after one hour she takes her morning food. In night she takes 5mg before go to sleep .
    she also takes MENTAT (Himalaya) 2 tablats morning and nightASWAGANDHA CHURNA TABLETS 1 in night.for past 50 days. along with alobhathy medicines prescribed by the psychiatrists.

Now for past 15 days she is OK. Her concentration also well improved.. The problems she faced is well reduced..

Now my question is whether the Ayurvedic medicines given to her,dosage and administration method is correct?
    How long we should continue it.

please suggest some pranamaya(as you suggested to some one earliest reply) improve concentration and remove the stress to her future without medication

107. I’m rohit from punjab..i’m 23 yr old.. muje bolne me problm hai.. kbi kbi ruk jata hu bolta bolta.. songs meh ache se gaa leta hu but jab kisi ke sath baat krni hoti hai toh mujse ache se bola nhi jata.. pls advice me meh konsi medicine lu jisse meri yeh problm thk ho jaye

108. Shivashini Dhunoo says:

Hello sir
    Can I take Brahmi Ghritham with warm milk???

109. Hi dctr,
    My daughter is 11yrs old.her memory power is very low.not only for study all other thing also.eg- place, films…..can I give this Brahmin gritham to her? Is it help to increase memory power? Or can you suggest any other medicine

• Yes. quarter a teaspoon in the morning, just before her morning drink (bournvita / milk etc) can be given for 2 months time.

For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

110. Ipsita ghosh says:

My son is 5 years old suffering from autism,can I give him brahmi gritham.how much dosage good for him

111. My son is 14 months old..he is very active and his development is very good..but for better future i want give him brahmleen sidha gruta so can i give it to him at this age or not and how much

plz answer

112. Doctor,My 10 year old daughter is suffering from ADHD,OCD and noe and then start shaking her head like tourette syndrome.She also starts hallucinating when anxious. But her symptoms are mild and she appears to be normal at times.As she didnt want to go for Occupational therapy,i stopped it and started giving allopathic medicine for a few months.Now i am stopping allopathic medicine too due to its side effect.I read about bacoba monneri and am giving 2 tablets per day .also I am giving her himalaya ashwagandha dissolved in milk.I want to give gotu kola too but i am scared that she might attain age as i read about that property of gotu kola.Please advice me.

• Hi, Bacopa and Ashwagandha are good to continue for 2 – 3 months time.

For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

113. Can we apply as a hair oil also..?

114. I have one year old son ..he is having some hair on his forehead and back.i have applied besan and massor dal powder but he has allergy of that.plz tell what to do to remove hair

115. Hello doctor, Im pregnant and I’m in my 5 th month, precious pregnancy conceived naturally after 10 years, now facing anxiety disorder, can i use brahmi gritham or kottakal manasamitravatakam? To cope up with my mental health? I’m very much scared whether my prob will affect my babies r my pregnancy…kindly help me

• Yes, you can use brahmi ghrita – 2 ml in the morning, manasamitra vatakam – 1 at night after food for 1 month time.
      For personal health advice, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

116. Prasanna Uppaluri says:

Hello Dr,
    I have ADHD and my doctor has prescribed me Brahmi gritham&Mentat i took one spoon on empty stomach in the morning and i noticed i am craving a lot of sugars …i have been eating way too many sweets and my appetite has suddenly sky rocketed….is it normal??

117. Rpreet says:

hello sir
    I git brahmi gritham from thekkady, kerala. Lady in farms suggested this for my eyesight and concentration. I m taking this since 12april. I feel that my weight is static due to this. I go to gym daily and never felt this way earlier its only been few days i noticed this. This medicine is nit reason, right? And that lady failed to mention to take this with hot drink and told me to take this with milk or water before goin to bed.

118. Hii
    I have 14months old son he is sucking his thumb all time what should i do to stop any technique or any medicine for that please suggest if any

119. Hello Dr. Hebber,

Could you please tell if Brahmi ghrit can be made from brahmi powder instead of juice as I am unable to get the leaves where I live.

Thanks,
    VA

120. hello docter can u plz advice which ayurveda medicine good for speech delay for 20 months old baby?