Akik Pishti is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet or powder form, used in the treatment of heart diseases, cough, heart burn, etc. It is same as Akik Bhasma.
Akik Pishti uses:
- It acts as cardiac tonic, Pitta related disorders, heart burn, headache, vision and infection related eye disorders.
- It is coolant in nature.
Effect on Tridosha: Balances Pitta.
Akika Pishti / Bhasma Dosage:
- 125 – 250 mg, once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- In case of Pitta disorder, it is given along with honey.
- In case of Vata imbalance it is given along with Ashwagandha
- In cough and heart disorders, it is fresh ginger juice.
How long to use: It can be used upto 1- 2 month, based on doctor’s advice.
Akika Pishti Side effects:
It is best to take this medicine only under medical supervision, especially for children, pregnant and lactating mothers.
Take this medicine only in prescribed dosage for particular time period only.
Store in a cool dry place. Keep out of reach and sight of children.
Akik Pishti Ingredients, How To make?
Akika Churna – Agate powder
It is ground with aloe vera juice, juice extract of Ketaki ( Pandanus odoratissimus), Jalapippali and or banana stem juice for 2 – 3 times. It is then subjected to 300 degree celsius heat for 1 – 2hours, allowed to self cooling.
Reference: Rasoddhara Tantra Bhasma Pishti Prakarana 1 – 4
Manufacturers: Baidyanath, Divya Pharmacy