Arogyavardhini Vati is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form. It is used in the treatment of liver diseases, fever, skin diseases, etc. This medicine contains heavy metal ingredient, hence should only be taken under strict medical supervision. This medicine has been formulated by Acharya Nagarjuna.
Arogyavardhini Vati Uses:
- It is used in the treatment of acute and chronic fever, obesity, liver disorders, anorexia,
- It improves digestion power, clears waste products from the body,
- It acts as cardiac tonic.
- It is also used as co prescription with other medicines in different conditions. It acts as a catalyst.
Effect on Tridosha – Balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
Arogyavardhini Gutika dosage: 250 – 500 mg once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is usually administered along with honey, fresh ginger juice, neem juice, water or milk.
How long to take? This medicine can be safely taken for a period of upto 4 – 6 months, based on your doctor’s prescription.
Arogyavardhini Rasa side effects:
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous, since it contains Mercury as ingredient.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage may cause sever poisonous effect.
- This medicine is not suitable during pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Arogyavardhini Ras ingredients, how to make:
Shuddha Parada – Herbal purified Mercury – 10 g
Shuddha Gandhaka – Herbal purified Sulphur – 10 g
Loha Bhasma – Bhasma prepared from Iron – 10 g
Abhraka Bhasma – Purified and processed Mica – 10 g
Tamra Bhasma – Bhasma prepared from Copper – 10 g
Haritaki – Chebulic Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia chebula – 20 g
Vibhitaki – Belliric Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia bellirica – 20 g
Amalaki – Indian gooseberry fruit – Emblica officinalis Gaertn. – 20 g
Shilajatu – Asphaltum – 30 g
Pura – Guggulu – Indian bedelium (gum resin) – Commiphora mukul – 40 g
Chitra – Eranda – Castor – Ricinus communis – 40 g
Tikta – Katuki – Picrorhiza kurroa – 220 g
Juice extract of Nimba – Neem – Azadirachta indica – Quantity Sufficient.
Fine power of above ingredient is ground with the juice extract, made into paste and pills are prepared.
Reference: Rasendrasarasangraha Jwara Rogadhikara 13 – 105
Research: Safety evaluation
Manufacturers: Divya Pharmacy, Dabur, Baidyanath, Shree Dhootapapeshwar Ltd, Zandu