Nalpamaradi Oil – Benefits, How To Use, Ingredients, Side Effects

Nalpamaradi Oil is an Ayurvedic oil used in the treatment of skin diseases with itching such as eczema. This oil is formulated based on Kerala Ayurveda principles.

Nalpamaradi oil uses: It is used in the treatment of skin diseases, Herpes, Scabies, Eczema, Dermatitis, allergic skin diseases such as ring worm infestation, Blood impurities. This oil is also used as baby massage oil, to relieve any minor skin conditions and to improve fairness and skin complexion, since it contains Turmeric and sandalwood.

Effect on Tridosha:

Effective on Pittaja skin disorders.

How to use Nalpamaradi Oil ? This oil is meant to be used for external application only. It is applied over the affected skin parts.

Nalpamaradi Thailam side effects: There are no side effects with this oil on external application.

How long to use?  It can be used for a very long period of time, as advised by Doctor.

Nalpamaradi Tailam  ingredients:
Nalpamara – 15 grams of each of group of four types of tree barks – viz
Vata – Ficus benghalensis
Ashwattha – Ficus religiosa
Plaksha – Ficus lacor
Udumbara – Ficus glomerata
Triphala – Haritaki – Terminalia chebula, Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica, Amla – Emblica officinalis
Chandana – Sandalwood – Santalum album
Sevya – Vetiveria zizanioides
Kushta – Saussurea lappa
Manjishta – Rubia cordifolia
Chora – Angelica glauca
Tila taila – Oil of Sesamum indicum – 768 ml
3.072 liters of Water decoction prepared from
Paimanjal – wet turmeric – Curcuma longa
Parpata – Fumaria indica

The above combination of herbs, oil and liquid is heated till the oil is prepared, filtered. Nalpamaradi coconut oil is prepared with the same combination, with coconut oil base, in place of sesame oil.

Manufacturers: Nagarjuna, AVP, AVS (Kottakkal)
Reference: Sahasra Yoga, Tailayoga Prakarana, 26, Ayurvedic Formulary Of India Vol 1.

Expiry date: 3 years from the date of manufacture. Once you open the seal, it is better to use it within an year. Reference Sanskrit verse:
नाल्पामरं त्रिफलचन्दनसेव्यकुष्ठ चोवल्लि चोरमगिलेन्निव कल्कमाक्कि ।
पैमञ्जल् पर्पटरसे परिपक्वमेण्ण तेक्किल् केटुं चोरिचिरंगु विसर्पकुष्ठम् ॥
nālpāmaraṃ triphalacandanasevyakuṣṭha covalli coramagilenniva kalkamākki |
paimañjal parpaṭarase paripakvameṇṇa tekkil keṭuṃ coriciraṃgu visarpakuṣṭham ||

Where to buy?
In India – (aff), it can be purchased online here – Buy Nalpamaradi oil

Using Nalpamaradi oil along with Kumkumadi oil for fairness in babies.
A mix of Kumkumadi and Nalpamaradi oil works best for fairness of babies. Both of these oils are good for improving skin complexion and fairness. But they should be used only after testing it on a small area. Very rarely, using herbal oils can produce allergic skin reactions.

100 ml of Nalpamaradi oil, mix it with 10 ml of Kumkumadi oil. First, as a trial, apply only 3 drops of the oil over forearm. Mark the area and watch for any allergic reaction. If there is allergic reaction (red patches, itchiness), then consult a doctor immediately. If there is no allergic reaction, you can use it for massage. Take around 2-3 teaspoons of it, apply to whole body, leave it for 15 minutes, wash off with lukewarm water. Do it once or twice a week. You can also do it daily. Read more about Kumkumadi oil

Dr JV Hebbar is an Ayurveda Doctor, Lecturer, From Mangalore, India. Click here to consult Dr Hebbar

1. Can I use Nalpamadi coconut oil for baby fairne
    ss for my 3 months old baby girl..

2. My daughter has a habbit of rubbing her eyes often if this oil enters her eyes will it cause any serious illness doctor?plz advice…

3. Doctor, are nalpamaradi kera thailam and nalpamaradi velichenna one and the same? When i asked for nalpamaradi velichenna at the AVS store, i was given nalpamaradi kera thailam. Please clarify…

4. can i use nalpamaradi thailam to avoid pigmentation?

5. can i use it for improve my it good for postpartum care??

6. i am pregnant and its my 19th week..i hv got ringworm all over my body..i dnt know hw i got it..can i use nalpamaradi oil during pregnancy..will this cure me..i really dnt know wat to do .pls help me..

• Yes, nalpamaradi could help. If the problem persists, then please consult a doctor directly. Nothing to worry. Best wishes.

• thanks a lot for the reply..i consulted a doctor..she told its pityriasis rosea..not u have medicine for this in ayurveda?i read in the internet that it can harm the ayurveda hw is it?

7. can i use soap while using nalpamarathi??

8. risvana says:

doctor, my marriage is fixed.and can i use nalpamaradhi oil to whiten my face.pls help me..

9. am having cold problem,, whenever i use this oil am facing sneezing problem.. do this oil have cold effects

• Hi, because it is made of coconut oil base, you are having that problem.
      1. Try to use it just 10 minutes before head bath.
      2. Or add a teaspoon of pepper powder to it, mix, heat for just 2 minutes and filter and then use it.
      3. Or take nalpamaradi oil made with sesame oil base.

10. sir my doc has adviced me to mix both kayyunadi and chembaruthiyadhi to reduce my hairfall. is tat good for hair??

11. I have been using Nalpamardi kerathailm as massaging oil since my son was 1 and half month old. Now he is 3 month old. Recently I heard that it is harmful for smaller babies. Is that true?If yes, Please let me know how to get rid of those problems

12. Sir I have applied nalpamaradi from avs.. but my child got small boils ib hands and legs sir .. im worried doctor plz suggest.. my daughter is 4 months old

13. doctor,
    I heard that kumkumaditha thailam and nalpamaram thailam are good for skin.. Now i my skin affect by sunburn and turns my skin dark and facing pigment prob. Is these oils is best for that . If, please tell me which is the best to cure and improve my complexion….

14. Hi doctor
    my daughter has severe eczema she is just 4 mnths old and i apply desowen cream.but it is not sometimes oozes out…..can you tell if i can use this oil for her?when should i use and how?how long should i wait to see result?she is badly affected with eczema all over.pls help

• Because of her age, it is ideal to take her to an Ayurveda doctor directly, rather than relying on online advice. Wishing your daughter, a very a quick relief and a very robust health.

16. Hi

Can we use Nalpamarathi kerathailam for acne prone skin?

17. sneha nair says:

Doctor, on my face i have got some pimple marks which is dark, i tried using some marks removal creams but it turned my skin dark and dried, one of our family friend advised to use nalpamaradi kera tailam. to get rid of dark spots , dreariness and get the fairness. Is this the right one could you please advise if i can use this or is there any other oil or tailam to get the completion.

please advise how to use this as well

thanking you
    sneha nair

• Hi, this or Kumkumadi tailam can be safely used in treating the pimple marks.
      Take 5 drops in to your finger tips gently rub it on to your face for 5 minutes, wash off with warm water. Do this two times a day for 5 weeks.

18. hai 13month old daughter got hair growth on her upper lips and forhead..(.very noticeable) :( since her friend advised me to use naalpamaraadi oil..will this do any good for it? if not can u pls suggest something else please…

19. Sir what oil should use for my one month baby girl for fairness? Is there anything else in ayurveda to increase colour of babies

20. Hi Doctor,
    My hand got burned by a cracker in deepavali(2012). As a result there are white burn marks left on my wrist.will this oil be of any help. Please advice…

21. where can i buy this product from? i live in uk?

22. hai sir iam ramya,i have large number of pimples in my face,which thailam use in better result for that, next month marrage plz help me?

23. Krishna says:

Hai Doctor,

I am having pimples and black marks on my face.So i am planning to use Nalpamardi oil to reduce that.Will this affect the growth of beard and mustache ?

24. Priya.R says:

Doctor, I’m using nalpamarathi thailam for few weeks and i got pimples on my forehead and cheeks.. My age is 22..

25. Doctor. I have some minor bed bug bites and minor common acne in my face. Can i apply nalpamaradi or eladi thailam on my face every night to get a healthy skin. Will they hinder growth of moustache or beard. I am just cautious that it may make the face more soft feminine looking.

26. haneefa says:

give me ur mobile number i need more doubt

27. honey john says:

doc my son is diagnosed with eczema can i use nalpamarathi oil for him he is 10 months old now but he is allergic to coconut oil so will the base with sesame oil be good currently im using only olive oil during bath he has food allergy also plz reply

28. Amrita Sharan says:

Hello doctor
    Plz help me… Which nalpamaradi tailam should be used.. Sesame one or coconut one for eczema. My 4 month old son is suffering from this

29. Lakshmipriya says:

Hello doctor , will Nalpamaradi Oil help to remove facial hairs if yes , how should i use and which should i use (coconut or seasame) .And i have some pimple marks will this help me to remove it . Can i apply this oil and leave it over night. And my baby is a year old , Can i use this oil for her to maintain her complexion?

• Hi, you can add a tablespoon of turmeric powder to 200 ml of Nalpamaradi oil, mix it well and use it for face massage to remove facial hair. Effect will be gradual. Since it may make your face yellow, better to apply it 10 minutes before bath.
      You can use this oil for baby massage (without adding extra turmeric to it). – Avoid contact to eyes.

30. Gud evening doctor,

I have allergy in my hand , skin gets dry and it appears like a sore. Can i use this oil for the cure. And how frequent i should i apply it.

31. Padmavathy.m says:

I don’t have time in the morning so can I apply kuntaladhi thailam in night and wash it morning.

32. Hi Doctor,
    I’ll be using nalpamaradi oil on one leg for lymphedema and cellulitis. Can you please advise on how much to use per daily session?
    Thank you.

33. Sir can I use nalpamaradi thaila as a body massage oil before bathing

34. Can i use nalpamaradhi oil for my 1 month old baby boy? will it inhibit hair growth? can i use it on his head and face

35. Hello Doctor
    My daughter started with infantile eczema when she was 3 months old.. Now she is eight years old…We have tried homeopathy and eladhi keera tailam but its has not helped much. She has severe itching especially in the folds of her arm ..back of the neck…please advise if Nalpamaradi oil would help.

Thanks in advance

36. Can this be used as a night serum?

37. Hi Sir, My daughter is 4 yrs old, how to use this oil? i also have fungus, kind of a patch on my nose, will this oil help?

38. Padmavathy.m says:

Hello doctor

I am using nalapamaradi Thailand for 6months, no changes are there in my face.Tell me how to,apply this.

39. Krishnakumar P.P. says:

Dear DR. JV Hebbar

Recently i had been to a saloon for an hair cut and shave. Unfortunately in my case it turnout to be a nightmare , that after the shave , the barber used some skin cream to make me feel cool . My skin started showing reddish round dots after this massage and after reaching home i have noticed that it has become thick . I am taking blood thinner capsules as well , and any regular small pressure on the skin will leave a reddish mark on the surface.

Now i can feel my skin is rough on the effected area and i can feel this once i move my fingers. shall i use nalpamaradhi thailam to remove this , please advise

• Apply Nalpamaradi tailam over the affected area, avoid ear and eye contact. Leave it for 10-15 minutes, and then wash off with luke warm water. Avoid using strong soap till the issue is completely resolved.
      If the symptoms do not improve even after a week, consult a doctor in person.

40. Hello Dr.
    I have 1 month girl baby. I want to improve her fairness and also colour. What I will use to improve that. please advise me.

41. Swetha Ajith says:

Can I use nalpamaradi oil for my 2year old baby

42. iam brown colour.which oil (kumkumadi or nalpamaradi) will give fairness easily?
    when we have to hthis oil at night or morning?

43. Dr Hebbar,

Can you recommend me any store around Bayandur,Karnataka where I will get most of the products from your blog. I find it difficult to get it in my state and hence I can ask my friend from Bayandur to get it for me.

44. Dr I am having paru(in Tamil) in my face.can I use naalppaamaraadhi keeram long it takes to cure?

45. Someone said me that applying equal amount of kumkumadi tailam and nalpamaradi tailam gives fair skin. Is it true?

46. Sir i hav got pimples on my cheeks after using nalpamaradithailam.. should i stop using or continue??

• Usually, in oily skin people, this problem occurs if the oil is left on the face for more than half an hour.
      Use just a few drops for facial massage, wash off with Besan powder (or gram flour) or mild soap, within 10 minutes of application.
      If the symptoms persist, it is best to avoid it.

47. Sir what oil should use for my 4

48. I HAVE BLACK PATCHES IN MY SKIN and pimples .can i use nalpamaradi thaliam ,it will be effective?

49. Hi…is this oil hav any problem with growing hair on face,bcoz it use termeric know?

50. Is it have any problem with growing hair on face…am age of 20:-P?

51. Can u pls advice whether to use nalpamaradi thailam or milk cream to improve the complexion and to have a well moistured skin for my 3 months old girl baby..also her skin is little sensitive and dry so confused between the thailam and mil cream…pls suggest

52. My daughter had got jaudice when she was born,beacuse of that her skin became dark…now she is 2 months old….will Nalpamaradi keratailam help her to get fair skin?

53. Can I use it for my acne and pimples?also I have an oily skin

54. subashini says:

Doctor, i have a pimple marks like open pores, now i am in open pores treatment, shall i use this oil now, it will cause any side effect

55. how much quantity should i use nalpamaradi kerathailam for skin whitening and can we use it twice in a week?

• If you are applying it only to face – you can use around 10 drops.
      If you are applying it to whole body – around 1 – 2 tablespoon.
      You can use it twice a week.

56. shorya jain says:

Sir this oil can use in Leucoderma

57. Dear Doctor,
    I have been using nalpamaradi keram last 2 weeks and iam getting pimples on my foreheads and cheek ,and became dark also please help me to find a way

• Use nalpamaradi oil – just 5 – 6 drops. Apply it, leave it for just 5 minutes then wash off with hot water. Do not leave it on face for more than 5 – 10 minutes.

58. LoveWins says:

How long can i use Nalpamaradhi oil? I wish to continue as long as i can..

59. There’s so many nalpamaradhi oil available in the market. Can you suggest me which brand works well?? I have bought auravedic nalpamaradhi thailam.

60. Doctor my 6 year old daughter has lot of hair on her hands and legs is this nalpamaradi taila help to remove hair

61. parvathy says:

hi docter .my self parvathy..age 22.. I have darkskin.. i heared that mix nalapamaradhi & eladhi(I don’t know the proper name) is good for improving fairness…and also my friend refered that mix of nalapamaradi & kukumadhii thailam is also good…so my dout is which mix give the faster result…and its mixing propostion…is any other thaialam or medicine is more bettr plz help me sir

62. Dear sir,
    please help me i am suffering hair falling and some type of pimple in my scalp. i am a 28 years old, within two months my marriage fixed. what type of oil i have to use or advise me please how can i get cure from this diseas. the prblm is almost 7 months before started, i try a lot and i am living in uae, but still i am suffering pls pls sir i am waiting for your reply, thank you sir

• sorry for delay..
      pimples may be because of dandruff in the scalp. dhardhurapatradi tailam will be better for you. once you get finished then start applying neelibringadi tailam. and for pimples apply kumkumadi tailam.

63. Doctor, I am using Nalpamaradhi oil (about 5 tablespoon ) for whole body and face and leaving it for about half an hour before bath every alternative days… Is this ok?

And i am thinking of using Kumkumadhi tailam (to improve complexion)
    every alternative days
    (as of, Monday, Wednesday, Friday- Nalapamaradhi and
    Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday- Kumkumadhi tailam)

Will it be okay?

Thanks in advance.

64. I have bought nalpamaradhi kerathailam last week and i apply on my face and body and leave it for 45 minutes , is there any issues in the timings ?

• If you have skin dryness, if face is not turning too much oily or if you are not developing acne etc, then no issues. If yes, then reduce the time to 15 – 20 minutes then wash with lukewarm water.

65. Which is better – Nalpamaradi or kumkumadi tailam

66. which one is better – nalpamaradi oil or kumkumadi oil.

67. Hello,

I understand nalpamaran oil will help in removing facial hair..Will it remove the hair if accidentally applied on head one time?

Regards, Anjana

68. Namaste Doctor, where can I buy in Kuwait? (Naalpamaradi tailam)? Please advise?

69. sreelekshmigireesh says:

hi sir, my 4year old daughter has dark skin. can i use nalpamaradi or kumkumadi thailam for face & body. how much quantity use this? pls reply me sir.

70. sreelekshmigireesh says:

hi sir, i am 30 years old lady. i have few pimples & medium skin in face. how to cure pimples & improve fair skin. suggest me. which oil is good kumkumadi or nalpamaradi thailam.

71. dear doctor is this oil effective for cold sores? (herpes simplex)
    thanks Anna

72. Manjeet Parashar says:

If it removes hair,then it won’t be good for men as it will impair beard and moustache growth which I think would not be appropriate.Please clarify.

73. Nikita agrawal says:

I have a severe case of eczema above my ankle. Can Nalpamaradi thailam be ledt overnight and all day in the patches?

74. hemamalini says:

hai doctor,
    i got some sort of rashes from childhood in both the leg which turn my skin tone to black,will this oil be helpfull and how long will it take to cure and i consulted dermatologist he said it was a hereditary problem but to my extent none my family have this problem..i have sinus problem too please do needful.thanks in advance.

• hi.., rashes means does it itch or something..? nalpamaradi will definitely help in such condition,but the analysis of the condition is also an important thing, for which you have to consult an Ayurveda doctor. and since it is from your childhood 100% cure can not be guaranteed.

• hemamalini says:

no i didt get any sensation of itching ..just my skin tone was chanded to black i dont know weather to say it was rashes…i consulted one of the ayurveda doctor he said it was due to impure blood..i am using this oil for past 2 weeks since i have sinus i cant use regularly…what are the chances are there to get cure..

75. Hi Doc, Is this oil would be effective to cure jock itch, I have it for some years. Or could you advise what would be effective?

76. Richa Sharma says:

Hello Doctor! Can i give massage to my 5 months old baby with Nalpamaradi Tailam in winters?

77. If it removes facial hair , how can men use nalpamaradhi oil?

78. Can you make it at home with less ingredients?