Chiruvilwadi kashayam is an Ayurvedic medicine in water decoction form. It is mainly used in Ayurvedic treatment of piles and fistula. This medicine is also available in Kashayam tablet form.
Chiruvilwadi kashayam benefits:
- It is used in the Ayurvedic treatment of hemorrhoids, fistula and gulma.
- It reduces burning sensation.
- It relieves bloating.
- It improves digestion power.
- Excellent in constipation.
Synonyms: Chiruvilwadi Kwatham, Chiruvilwadi kwath, Chiruvilvadi kashayam, Chirivilwadi kashayam
Effect on Tridosha – Calms Vata and Pitta.
Chiruvilwadi kashayam dosage:
- 5 – 10 ml, before food, or on empty stomach, once or twice a day or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- If the kashayam is concentrated, then it needs to be mixed with equal quantity of water and should be taken.
AVN manufactures this in Kashayam tablet form.
Dose of Chiruvilwadi kashayam tablets is 2 tablets 2 times a day before food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
Adjuvant: Rock salt.
Chirabilvadi kashayam Side Effects:
- There are no recorded side effects of this product in the said dose.
- In very high dose, it may worsen gastritis.
- People with high BP should take this product only under medical supervision.
Chirabilwadi kashayam Ingredients:
It is prepared from the following herbal powder mixture –
- Chirabilwa – Holoptelea integrifolia
- Punarnava – Boerhaavia diffusa
- Vahni – Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica
- Abhaya – Terminalia chebula
- Kana – Long pepper – Piper longum
- Saindhava – Rock salt
- Nagara – Ginger – Zingiber officinalis
How does it act?
It improves digestion due to hot nature of its ingredients.
Abhaya (Haritaki) – is one among Triphala group of herbs. It helps to ease constipation, has cleansing effect over fistula tract.
Vahni (Chitraka) is used in treating hemorrhoids since long. Learn about a Chitraka home remedy for hemorrhoids.
Chiruvilwadi kashayam reference:
Sahasrayoga, Kashaya Prakarana
चिरिबिल्व पुनर्नवा वह्न्यभया कणा सैन्धव नागर पक्व जलम् ।
गुदकील भगन्दर गुल्महरं जठराग्नि विवर्धनमाशु नृणाम् ॥
ciribilva punarnavā vahnyabhayā kaṇā saindhava nāgara pakva jalam |
gudakīla bhagandara gulmaharaṃ jaṭharāgni vivardhanamāśu nṛṇām ||
Companies that manufacture this product:
- AVN Ayurveda Formulations Pvt. ltd – manufactures both kashayam and kashayam tablet
- Arya Vaidya Pharmacy (AVP)
- Kottakkal (Arya Vaidya Sala)