Indukantham kashayam is an Ayurvedic medicine in water decoction form. It is mainly used in treating fever and abdominal disorders. It is also known as Indukantam kashayam.
Indukantham Kashayam benefits:
- It is used in the Ayurvedic treatment of fever.
- It relieves abdominal bloating, gaseous distention, gulma.
- It relieves abdominal pain, improves digestion.
- It is nourishing in nature, improves strength and immunity. The name signifies this makes one as handsome as moon.
Indukantham kashayam, Indukantham kashaya, Indukantha Kashaya, Indukantham kashayam.
This medicine is also available in syrup form called as Indukantham syrup
Effect on Tridosha – Calms Vata and Pitta.
Indukantham kashayam dosage:
- 5 – 10 ml, before food, or on empty stomach, once or twice a day or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- If the kashayam is concentrated, then it needs to be mixed with equal quantity of water and should be taken.
- Some companies such as AVN Ayurveda Formulations Pvt. Ltd manufacture this in tablet form called Indukantham Kashayam tablet.
- Dosage of such kashayam tablet is – 2 tablets 2 times a day before food or as directed by doctor.
- Indukantham syrup dose is quite similar to Kashayam dose.
It is also available in tablet form.
Adjuvant: Rock salt.
Indukantham kashayam Side Effects:
- There are no recorded side effects of this product in the said dose.
- In very high dose, it may worsen gastritis.
Indukantham kashayam Ingredients:
It is actually prepared from the herbal ingredients of Indukantham ghee
It is prepared from the following herbal powder mixture –
- Putika – Holoptelea integrifolia
- Daru – Cedrus deodara
- Dashamoola – group of ten herbs –
- Bilva – Aegle marmelos
- Agnimantha – Premna mucronata
- Shyonaka – Oroxylum indicum
- Patala – Stereospermum suaveolens
- Gambhari – Gmelina arborea
- Brihati – Solanum indicum
- Kantakari – Solanum xanthocarpum
- Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris
- Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum
- Prishnaparni – Uraria picta
- Pippali fruit and root- Long pepper – Piper longum
- Chavya – Piper chaba Hunter / brachystachyum
- Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica
- Nagara – Ginger – Zingiber officinalis
- Yavakshara – Kshara of Hordeum vulgare
Indukantham kashayam reference:
Sahasrayoga, Ghrita Prakarana, 4
पूतीकदारुदशमूल कषायसिद्धं सक्षीरषट्पलयुतं घृतं इन्दुकान्तम् ।
वातामयक्षयमहोदरगुल्मशूल निम्नोत्तरज्वरहरं बलवर्धनं च ॥
pūtīkadārudaśamūla kaṣāyasiddhaṃ sakṣīraṣaṭpalayutaṃ ghṛtaṃ indukāntam |
vātāmayakṣayamahodaragulmaśūla nimnottarajvaraharaṃ balavardhanaṃ ca ||
Companies that manufacture Indukantham kashayam –
AVN Ayurveda Formulations Pvt. Ltd
KS Varier’s Ashtanga Ayurvedics Pvt. Ltd