Indukantham kashayam is an Ayurvedic medicine in water decoction form. It is mainly used in treating fever and abdominal disorders. It is also known as Indukantam kashayam
Indukantham Kashayam benefits:
- It is used in the Ayurvedic treatment of fever
- It relieves abdominal bloating, gaseous distention
- It relieves abdominal pain, improves digestion.
- It is nourishing in nature, improves strength and immunity.
Indukantham kashayam, Indukantham kashaya, Indukantha Kashaya, Indukantham kashayam.
This medicine is also available in syrup form called as Indukantham syrup
Effect on Tridosha - Calms Vata and Pitta.
Indukantham kashayam dosage:
- 5 – 10 ml, before food, or on empty stomach, once or twice a day or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- If the kashayam is concentrated, then it needs to be mixed with equal quantity of water and should be taken.
- Some companies such as AVN Ayurveda Formulations Pvt. Ltd manufacture this in tablet form called Indukantham Kashayam tablet.
- Dosage of such kashayam tablet is – 2 tablets 2 times a day before food or as directed by doctor.
- Indukantham syrup dose is quite similar to Kashayam dose.
Indukantham kashayam Side Effects:
- There are no recorded side effects of this product in the said dose.
- In very high dose, it may worsen gastritis.
Indukantham kashayam Ingredients:
It is actually prepared from the herbal ingredients of Indukantham ghee
It is prepared from the following herbal powder mixture -
- Putika - Holoptelea integrifolia
- Daru – Cedrus deodara
- Dashamoola – group of ten herbs -
- Bilva – Aegle marmelos
- Agnimantha – Premna mucronata
- Shyonaka – Oroxylum indicum
- Patala – Stereospermum suaveolens
- Gambhari – Gmelina arborea
- Brihati – Solanum indicum
- Kantakari – Solanum xanthocarpum
- Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris
- Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum
- Prishnaparni – Uraria picta
- Pippali fruit and root- Long pepper – Piper longum
- Chavya - Piper chaba Hunter / brachystachyum
- Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica
- Nagara – Ginger – Zingiber officinalis
- Yavakshara – Kshara of Hordeum vulgare
Indukantham kashayam reference:
Sahasrayoga, Ghrita Prakarana, 4
पूतीकदारुदशमूल कषायसिद्धं सक्षीरषट्पलयुतं घृतं इन्दुकान्तम् ।
वातामयक्षयमहोदरगुल्मशूल निम्नोत्तरज्वरहरं बलवर्धनं च ॥
pūtīkadārudaśamūla kaṣāyasiddhaṃ sakṣīraṣaṭpalayutaṃ ghṛtaṃ indukāntam |
vātāmayakṣayamahodaragulmaśūla nimnottarajvaraharaṃ balavardhanaṃ ca ||
Companies that manufacture Indukantham kashayam -
AVN Ayurveda Formulations Pvt. Ltd
KS Varier’s Ashtanga Ayurvedics Pvt. Ltd