tulsi herbal dip tea 800100 banner

Ashokarishta- uses, dose, side effects and ingredients

Ashokarishta is an Ayurvedic medicine. It is extensively used in Ayurvedic treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding and other gynecological complaints. It contains 5 – 10 % of self generated alcohol, which acts as medium for herbal active principles. This is also called as Asokarishtam.

Asokarishtam uses: It is used in Ayurveda treatments for many diseases like Pain menstruation, heavy periods, fever, bleeding disorders such as nasal bleeding, bleeding hemorrhoids, inflammation, indigestion and lack of taste.

Effects on Tridoshas: Balances Pitta Dosha.

Note:
1. It is usually prescribed by many Ayurvedic doctors for treating menstrual irregularities. If you have severe bleeding then Ashokarishtam may be helpful for you, but if you do have irregular prolonged cycle, then it is not a good idea to take this product. It is only helpful in short menstrual cycle and in heavy menstrual bleeding.

2. Though it is used primarily in female complaints, it is also useful in many other diseases as mentioned above.

3. Ashokarisht contains about 5 – 10 % of self generated natural alcohol in it. This self generated alcohol and the water present in the product acts as a media to deliver water and alcohol soluble the active herbal components to the body.
Other traditional uses of Ashokarishta –
Asrigdhara – heavy menstrual bleeding
Ruja – useful in dysmenorrhoea – painful periods
Jwara – fever
Raktapitta – bleeding disorders like nasal bleeding
Arsha – bleeding hemorrhoids
Mandagni – low digestion strength
Aruchi – anorexia, lack of taste in food

Ashokarisht side effects: If given for wrong complaints, as mentioned above, it may cause delayed periods and prolonged menstrual cycles.
Dose: 5 – 10 ml, once or twice a day, after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. Those with irritation in the stomach can take this with equal quantity of water.

Adjuvants: Pravala bhasma.

How long to use?
Based on doctor’s prescription, this medicine can be used for 4-8 weeks in cases of fever, anorexia etc.
In heavy periods, it can be used during the periods, till the periods lasts.
If the periods are very heavy, then it can be taken from one week before periods sets in till it lasts.

Safe for kids?
It is safe to use this medicine in lower dose, in children above 5 years of age.

Pregnancy and lactation –
During pregnancy, it is best to avoid this / take this only under medical supervision.
During lactation period, it can be taken in lower doses, based on doctor’s advice.

Asokarishtam ingredients:
Amalaki – Amla – Indian gooseberry – fruit – 48 g
Amrasthi – mango seed – 48 g
Jeeraka – cumin seed – 48 g
Vasa – Adhatoda vasica – whole plant – 48 g
Chandana – Santalum album (sandalwood) – 48 g

Method of preparation
The herbs mentioned are coarsely powdered and kashaya (water decoction) is prepared. The kashaya is strained and kept in the fermentation pot, vessel or barrel. Sugar, jaggery or honey, according to the formula, is dissolved, boiled, filtered and added. Drugs mentioned as Prakshepa  Dravyas are finely powdered and added. At the end, Dhataki puspa, if included in the formula, should be properly cleaned and added. The mouth of the pot, vessel or barrel is covered with an earthen lid and the edges sealed with clay-smeared cloth wound in seven consecutive layers. The container is kept either in a heap of paddy, so as to ensure that for the duration of fermentation, as far as possible, a constant temperature may impede or accelerate the fermentation.

After the specified period, the lid is removed, and the contents examined to ascertain whether the process of fermentation has been completed. The fluid is first decanted and then strained after two or three days. When the fine suspended particles settle down, it is strained again and bottled.

Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali Streeroga context 114-116
Ad –

Manufacturers: Baidyanath, Dabur, AVN, AVP, Kottakkal
Original Sanskrit verse describing the formula
अशोकस्य तुलामेकाञ्चतुर्द्रोणे जले पचेत्।
पादशेषे रसे पूते शीते पलशतद्वयम्॥
दद्याद् गुडस्य धातक्याः पलषोडशिकं मतम्।
अजाजी मुस्तकं शुण्ठीं दार्व्युत्पल पलत्रिकम्॥
आम्रास्थि जीरकं वासां चन्दनं च विनिक्षिपेत्।
चूर्णयित्वा पलांशेन ततो भाण्डे निधापयेत्।
मासादूर्ध्वं च पीत्वेनमसृग्दर रुजां जयेत्॥
ज्वरं च रक्तपित्तार्शो मन्दाग्नित्वमरोचकम्।
मेहशोथारुचिहरस्त्वशोकारिष्ट सज्ञित:॥aśokasya tulāmekāñcaturdroṇe jale pacet|
pādaśeṣe rase pūte śīte palaśatadvayam||
dadyād guḍasya dhātakyāḥ palaṣoḍaśikaṃ matam|
ajājī mustakaṃ śuṇṭhīṃ dārvyutpala palatrikam||
āmrāsthi jīrakaṃ vāsāṃ candanaṃ ca vinikṣipet|
cūrṇayitvā palāṃśena tato bhāṇḍe nidhāpayet|
māsādūrdhvaṃ ca pītvenamasṛgdara rujāṃ jayet||
jvaraṃ ca raktapittārśo mandāgnitvamarocakam|
mehaśothāruciharastvaśokāriṣṭa sajñita:||

Expiry date: 10 years from the date of manufacture. Once after opening, it is best to empty the bottle within 4 months time.
Storage: Store in a cool place in tightly closed amber coloured bottle, protect from light and moisture.

Comments

1. I am taking dabur ashokarisht about a month. I didnt saw any effect on menstual bleeding instead my periods got delayed by 2days .my stomach also get upset( loose motions) . Please tell me how should i use ashokarisht in a better way to treat my problem of less bleeding. Should i stop using it,or take it.

• Hi, Ashokarishta does not help if the bleeding is less. If only the bleeding is more, then it helps to reduce it. It does not help to reduce the number of days in a menstrual cycle. If someone has a shorter menstrual cycle, it helps to prolong it. Hence, in your case, it makes sense to stop it.

2. Does it help relieve PMS and dysmenorrhea?

3. Does it helps in ovulation and conceiving, can i take it for weakness and improving strength and stamina of the body.

4. Can i take it as a tonic for good health. In what quantity should i take it in a day , with cold water or hot water?

5. i am using ashokarishta since three months.I have severe menstrual pains and bleeding .
    Prior to three months ,blood clottage was also a serious problem but now it has reduced to some extent.so shall i continue to take ashokarishta?will ashokarishta help me in reducing my pains and bleeding?

6. can it be a reason for menstrual again within 15 days
    ?

7. what about if some one has scanty periods but regular cycles-for middle aged women.

8. Sir, i have having irregular periods, often with a gap of 10 or 15 days. Bleeding continues for 5-7 days. Will Ashokarishta be helpful for me? If not, then plz suggest some effective aryurvedic medicine for the same.

• Dear Ketaki, Rather than trying Ashokarishta, please consult an Ayurveda doctor in person.

• Swati Parshetti says:

Hi, I do not have the problem of periods its regular but it is always going 5 days further means if I hv periods of 2of Jan next month my periods will come on 6 of feb instead of 2nd feb. We are planning for 2nd baby but I m not getting pregnant. My periods fllow is normal. Is ashokarishta will help me to getting pregnant?

• yours is not at all irregular periods, its just cycle of 35 days. if at all you are planning for a baby and not getting conceived for minimum 1 year of try, then both of you might need some investigations. till then, you can take Ashokarishta.

9. s.mamatha
    i am 47 years old. i have a fibroid in the uterus and irregular menses, heavy
    bleeding.Can i use ashokarishta,tonic for women

• Ashokarishtam might not be the complete remedy for the fibroid issue. But as a general tonic, if you are not diabetic, you can use it in a dose of 2 teaspoons 2 times a day, after food for 6 weeks. regards

10. Mamatha S says:

Very very thankful for your advice. please suggest a suitable medicine for my problem.

11. pradarantaka rasa
    usheerasava 3tsps
    kanchanara guggulu

from may’13 to nov’13 i have taken the above medicines twice. from nov’13 i am advised to take them once daily.manoll malt 1tsp daily from may’13.

after taking the above medicines my periods got delayed i.e. 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 months and heavy bleeding. my doctor advised to take amystop-g until the bleeding stops.
    fortunately my bleeding stopped within 5 days.

i have already spent a lot of money for monthly visits and medicines.
    kindly give me a second opinion on this and oblige.
    thank you.

12. hye i am diagnosed with pcod and i am having heavy periods for 8 days my frd who is an ayurvedic doctor advised this can i use this

13. Hello sir. Does it helps and conceiving, can i take it for weakness and improving strength and stamina of the body.can i take it to have good health.

14. Ratnamala says:

I mam suffering from heavy bleeding since last two months it has not stopped, if I take medicines like Pause or Resistance then it stops againg withing a week it starts suggest me whether ashokarishta would be helpful for me or not

• Yes it will be helpful to give a temporary relief. But you need to consult a doctor to understand the real cause for heavy bleeding and address the root cause.

15. uma

how it helps after menopause. will it be right to take it to maintain healthy uterus after menopause.

16. My wife have irregulor menses can you please suggest which is the best medicine for this problem

17. IS IT HELPFUL FOR PCOD?

18. Namarata says:

Dear dr what is ashokarishta (ashokamrita )special by baidyanath ! Is it different from ashokarishta ? I have long cycles but a lot of headaches and hormonal imbalance due to pcos !

• Hi, Ashokamrita is a proprietary product of Baidyanath, it is different from Ashokarishta. Please note that both the products will not help if you have long cycles. They will only help if you have prolonged bleeding (menorrhagia) and if you want to stop it.

19. Hello Doctor

I am trying to conceive. My periods are not regular and my left tube is blocked. Should I take Dabur Ashokarishta to regulate my periods. Any other medicine for that? Last year I also done 4 clomid cycles for ovulation induction. I need to regulate my ovulation please help me. I am suffering with pocs and my age is 30.

I am also taking fenugreek seeds, black pepper. hot lemon water,

Few months ago I was taking Saafi and ovacare tablets. Please guide me.
    Thanks in advance.

20. trishala says:

i have irregular periods … not getting my periods until i take a tablet to get my periods… i am over weight nd have pcod pblm… i have been suggested to take dabur ashokristha and dabur amrithristha to regularise my periods…. will it help me out to regularise it… plz help me….

21. monica says:

I have heavy bleeding with clots and pain. Ultrasound is normal. At times I also have spotting in between menstrual cycle, like on 15th or 20th day. can I take Ashokarisht? is there any difference between dabur and baidyanath brand?

22. I am a mother of 2month old child, I was advised to take ashokarist every alternative day.I also read that this contains 5 to 10% of alcohol. Will this effect the baby as I am breast feeding the baby

23. prathibha says:

how ashokarishtam affect on PCOS?

24. Hi Iam suffering from heavy bleeding n excessive pain during my period cycle n this frm vry long time Iam facing. Will ashokarisht help me in this to reduce

25. Hello Sir, i used Ashokarishta four years back for irregular periods(peroids lasts for 20 + days heavy flow) and after using it it was fine. and now for past 2 months having same problem again. Can i continue the same ? Please advise..

26. I have cyst…is this product is useful for me

27. Can I get pregnant while having dabur ashokarishta regularly

28. Hi Sir, i have irregular periods like there is always 2 months gap between menstrual cycles. I have started using the Ashokarishta for the past few days (around 2 weeks), I m having heavy bleeding after taking this. Can you suggest me whether i can continue with it or do i need to consult any doctor. I have spend lots of money in consulting a doctor for my periods problem. Can you help me our in this. pls.

29. sir it is helpful for planing a chil yes or no

30. sir, 2 times i got abortion doctor suggested me to take this now is that help for me for my next pegnency

31. Hello sir im suffering from pcod and irregular periods…can I take ashokarishta to get my periods regular?

32. My daughter is 13 year old…is it fine for have her to have ashokarisht…as she faces menses twice in a month…what is the proper dosage for her?

33. Hello, i have thyroid problem beacuse of which i had irregular periods. I am taking medicine since 4 months an dmy periods are regular now but little scanty. Should i use ashokarishta for this ?
    Please suggest and advise

34. Sandeep says:

Hi Doctor,
    My mother have done Uterus Removal Operation (Complete Hysterectomy) due to Fibroids and urine issues. But she is suffering the urine problem now also.After consulting with a doctor, she is using ashokarishtam (15 ml) and parthyadyarishtam(15 ml) along with 30 ml water after food.Is there any dange by taking this medicines after Hysterectomy.She is also using Varanadi kashayam. Thanks in Advance.

35. Sheriiden says:

Hello…. i have been diagnosed with Pcos ..my gynac asked me to consume Regestrone 5 mg (a hormonal tblet to induce periods) for 5 days if the periods do not come within 3 months… i have heard abt ashokarishta and himalaaya evecare… Do these products help me to make my periods regular???/.//// please i need a reply..i am so dispapointyd.

36. hi,i hv a prob of irregular periods…should i take this???

37. After 1 month of delivery can i take ashokarist or dasmularist. plz suggest me my periods continued after delivery.

38. Hi my periods is not stopping , its 18 days now.can I take ashokarishta

39. Can I take ashokarist.because my date has gapped arond 2 month

40. hi doctor,
    my ayurvedic doctor has prescribed M2 TONE and Ashokarishta to me for PCOD, long cycles with almost 2 months of delay. do you think this treatment will be helpful or are the medicines contradictory ?

41. hello doc, my daughter is 13yrs from 6 months two times she suffered with menorrazia for 1 and half to two months, with a gap of 3 months in periods…..now its more than a month she did’nt get her periods….can i giv her ashokarista

• For a teenager, it is quite common to have irregular periods in the initial years. I do not recommend Ashokarishta to her.

• Dr….as i mentioned in my last mail, my daughter is 13+ yrs and suffering with amenorrazia for 3 months followed by more than a month of menorrazia…her haemoglobin is 9.5….all other tests are normal, please suggest any ayurvedic medicine to get normal monthly periods for her

42. Triveni lokesh says:

hello doctor, i have irregular periods. and not getting my periods until i take a tablet to get my periods… and nw i’m trying to have second baby. shall i take ashokarishta and also phala kalyana gritha at a time. is it helpful in conceiving. one more question how can i calculate my ovulation time as i’m having irregular periods.

• Hi, Phala Kalyana ghrita may help. But do not take Ashokarishta. Do not take any medicine without consulting an Ayurveda doctor directly.
      Usually ovulation date is fourteen days prior to periods.

43. Hello Dr..
    I am 24 years old suffering from functional cysts since 3 months.. Alopathic treatment didnt work. and it has stopped my periods too only merely periods for half day.. Now Dr advised me ashokarishta for regular periods and functional cysts.. I am suffering from general weakness, leocorrhea and frequent urination along with cysts n periods problem… will this tonic help? for how many months should I take this. kindly reply on my email ID too..

44. Hi Doc ,
    I have heavy periods because of the bulkiness of the uterus, which in turn leads to anaemia. Will ashokarishta help ? N wat should be the dosage?

45. Hello,
    I am 30yrs old, iam not getting period regularly. Is ashokarishta goog for me

46. hi sir, im selvi . my age is 24. i have pcod problem and my date has gapped arond 3 or 4 month i check with doctor and doctor said u take meprate tablet monthly so shall use this medicine.

47. hello doctor,
    will ashokarishta help me from many problems in menopause period. i am a working woman of 48 yrs old n suffering with heavy prolonged bleeding since last 4-5 yrs that re start after every 15-16 days. it stops only after taking pause mf . sonography reports shows bulky uters with thickned endometrium and adenomyosis. Doctor has suggested for hysterectromy that i don,t want . Can this syrup give me relief in getting easy menopause

48. Dear Doctor, My wife started taking evecare 2 months ago (2 tablets morning and evening) for PCOS. She just missed the period few days ago, and we through tests it has been found that she is pregnant now. Should she stop taking evecare now or continue taking it will cause some pregnancy problems. Your advice is very much needed thanks

49. I m 26 years old…trying to conceive but no any response …my all reports are normal bt my periods are delayed my mensuration circle is 40 to 45 days…..shall I take ashokrishta..is it helpul to improve my irregular periods and conceiving process….plzz help me…

50. Narendra says:

Hi Dr,
    My wife has taken Ashokamrita (Ashokarishta Special) during her six weeks of pregnancy. She has consumed one bottle. Please advise if it affects the pregency or baby.

Thanks in advance,

51. amisha sharma says:

i have periods problem . it comes after 2 3 months. is ashokarishta solve my problem, PCOD harmones are in my left ovary. ashokarishta solve my problem permanently..

52. hello
    I have irregular periods like after 2 months and only for 2 days..so please suggest me that should i take ashokarishta or not

53. I have regular periods of 4-5 days after 26-28 days
    But i experience severe stomach and back ache in the initial days
    I also form clots
    So please advise me on the usage of this product. I have consumed it twice today.
    In fact i started having this today on advice of my masi
    My periods are a week away.

54. Ranjeet Singh says:

My wife have painful & irregular period last one year. this is good for her.

55. K Phukan says:

Hi, I m having delayed periods., 2-3 months gap, shall i take ashokarishta

56. Suchitra says:

Hello,
    I’m 28yrs old. My cycles are 35 days and I have mild PCOD and Thyroid, with anemia. I suffer from clots and unbearable pain during my periods for the first 3 days, and the bleedng stays for 7-8 days. Will Ashokarishta be helpful?
    Thanks in advance for your valuable help.

57. My mother 80 yrs age recently detected Uterine cancer she is on regular Ayurvedic, herbal and homeopathic treatment. Sometimes she noticed white liquid discharge from her vagina and sometine small bleeding may be due to fibroids. Some one has advised Vaidyanath Ashokarisht. will it be suitable for her.

58. Hi, I am 38 years old and I used to have regular cycle of 24/25 days, with 4~5 days bleeding. My last period was on 11th April (which was also delayed by a week) and I completely missed my period and got it on 11th June. Today being my 6th day, my bleeding has not stopped. I went to a gynec and she said it could be due to hormone imbalance. Please could you advise if Ashokarishtam will help and what dose should I take to regulate my periods

59. Hello Doctor,
    I have PCOS. I have irregular periods. I didn’t get periods for past 3 months. Can I take Ashokarishta? Is it only for heavy periods or is it used to correct the menstrual cycle and helps in getting periods. Please suggest. Thank you.

60. karishma thappa says:

Dear Doctor, I was taking ashokarishta from last 8 months to increase bleeding because i have very less bleeading flow. Now i am having periord reguarly but bleeding is very less. please advice….

61. Doctor …
    i m 24 year old… last month 9th i gt periods this month still i didnt gey periods…
    Cn u suggest plz

62. samarpita roy says:

hello..i am 24 years old. since my childhood i do have the problem of irregular menstruation cycle. there is a gap of 2 months sometimes between 2 cycles. by ultrasound i came to know that i have the disease of PCOD. is ashokarista suitable for me?

63. Hello Doctor:

I am using asokarishtam and Kumaryasavan along with Normen for the past seven years for PCOS.. Is there any side effects for this long term usage?

64. I am having severe allergy last 1 year. It affects my skin colour. My face got full black patches like sun burn/tan.My friend told to use asokaristha for blood purification. Is that ok or should I use it. Please advise

• it may help you to some extent. there are lot more medicines for internal administration and also for external application, for which you may have to consult your near by Ayurveda doctor.

65. Hello sir I am diagnosed with pcod n i have less bleeding can i take dabur ashokarisht

66. pawanpreet kaur says:

Sir i half regular periods , but i feel weakness so much after periods

67. I am 37 years old..I have regular periods..I got married 2 years back..planning for a baby..please tell me can Ashokarisht help me to get pregnant..please reply..

• it may not help you much. there are many more medicines which may help you in this regard. as your age is advanced don’t waste time, consult an Ayurvedic doctor and get suggestion.

68. Hello sir
    I am suffering from continuous vaginal bleeding since June 2014.. Already took ayurvedic n homeopathic medicine.. Now taking allopathic bt no results.. My thyroid level is 9.68 and doctor is saying its all because of hormonal imbalance.. Should I take ashokarisht or can u suggest any other medicine… Thnx in advance..
    Plz reply asap

• hello, thyroid means is it TSH? and are you taking treatment for thyroid problem? what is your age?
      any how ashokarista will help you for some extent but a detailed problem evaluation is must.

69. Hello Sir, I am 32 yrs old….my menstrual is very much painfull…I become extramely frustrated during this time….to get relief I was taking painkiller which had very much side effect for me….but last one year I don’t take it anymore….last 15 days I m taking ashokaristh…. is this tonic helpful to cure menstrual pain..?? how long should I take it….I already have consulted with gynocologist but it was not fruitful…can you suggest me how can I get relief from this horrible pain….?? except this problem my menstrual is very much regular and bleeding is proper…

70. I am 53 and going through perimenopausal syndrome. I didn’t have proper periods for 6 months except occasional spotting and suddenly i got fairly heavy periods which went on for 2 weeks and it stopped. Then after 15 days it started but this time very light. My ayurvedic doctor had asked me to take Ashokarishtam. She said for perimenopause you dont need to take any medicine. But I have started Ashokaristam. Will it help ?

• as ashoka is a good uterine tonic it is helpful in treating all uterine conditions. but as you are in peri-menopausal period you may also need some other medication also as there will also be mood changes and nutrition need because of hormonal imbalance. please consult your near by doctor.

71. hi dr ive always suffered from pcod i dont get periods at all for a year its ben absent now im developing hirsutism and excessive weight gain and depression im again starting allopathy of metformin and primolut n what can i combine in these for pcod id like to conceive again i ve a son of 7 yr old and im already 35 yrs old ..im deperate for a solution to regain my youth and figure pls advice

Madam, do consult a ayurvedic physician for the same. Because we all are genetically different with different constitutions and patterns, we respond to treatments in many different ways. Hence Standard Ayurvedic Treatments are always individually formulated. And the dosage is taken into consideration seeing several factors which include the age, sex and health of the individual.

72. Hi,
    sir ,ashokarishttam and sugumararishttam may it help to improve healthy eggs

73. Hi I have pcod prob and get scanty periods and my cycle is also short as 19 days.does ashoka risht helps in periods withdrawal, improves my cycle by 28 days and conceiving. I am taking ashoka risht for last 15 days .I feel my stomach gets upset due to this.plzzz suggest n advice

• hi,
      asokarista definitely helps you.
      stomach irritation may be due to over dose or improper administration. default dose is 5-10 ml once or twice a day mixed with equal amount of water.

74. does it help in conceiving???can i take it for this???

75. does it help in conceiving…can i take it for this???

76. Sir iam 27 Years. the blood flow during periods is very less. This problem occur from the last one month. and this month bleeding takes place only when i go to tiolet . Can i use this product ashokarishtam

77. Hi Dr.
    My daughter is 20 years and she is having irregular periods. Earlier she suffered with heavy bleeding for 9 to 10 days and now a days she is not getting periods for 2 months . Can you please suggest her any medicine.

Hari

78. I am suffering from spotting problem before 3-4 days of menstuation since 5 years. it is very tension to me , i have taken alopathy treatment for this but not use at all, so please suggest me patanjali medicine to solve this problem.

79. Hi my 11 yrs old daughter gets heavy periods n it lasts for 6 to 7 days. Will ashokarista help her? If not what shud i giv her to reduce heavy bleeding?

80. hi doctor

I have menstrual cycle of 35-40 days since last few months. My age is 29 and planning to conceive now. Shall I take this syrup and will this help in strengthening my reproductive system?
    I don’t suffer from acute pain during my periods. In PMS I have backache and slight pain in legs. Blood Flow Is normal and 3 days heavy then reduced flow.

Please suggest.

81. mary nyokabi says:

hi have been using depo for 2years with no periods ca i use ashokarshta to have my periods

• it suddenly does not induce menstruation, it only gets your uterine cavity corrected. you can take rajapravartini vati as per your doctor’s advice rather followed by ashokarishta.

82. Dear team i m getting pain n every time fever can ashokarisht is work for that

83. Poonam Chavan says:

Hi I have a problem of irregular periods from last 2-3 year , as per the doctors this happen because of the ET thickness is 3mm only. Now I am taking medicines prescribe by the doctors. I get the periods if I am taking medicines otherwise don’t get. Please suggest me is Ashokarishta is useful for me.

84. I am renu my periods is delayed 5-6 days is this is better for me.

85. priyanka agrawal says:

I have heavy periods and a short cycle. I am also a patient of chrons disease. can I take ashokarist.

86. KRISHNAKUMARI VENUGOPAL says:

I had removed my utrus 3 years ago(open),overy remaining, but i was not able to take sufficient rest in that time. Now i am suffering from discharge like some kind of water for approximate 1 year and i had taken antibiotics as per the advice form a gynacologist , but temporary relief,later it starts.Can it be cured by using asokarishta

87. I have acne on my face and i am anemic. Should i take ashokarist for this pr9blen

88. Hello doctor,
    I am 25 years old and unmarried. I’ve irregular period problems i.e in a gap of 1-2 months. Can I take Ashokarishta to avoid this problem? If yes then pls prescribe me about the doses n wheathr I can take it during periods?
    Thank you!

Yes madam you can take to regulate the periods. Would advise you to take a consultation from a ayurvedic physician before taking it because as we all are genetically different with different constitutions and patterns, we respond to treatments in many different ways.

89. Thank you Ma’am!! 🙂

90. Hi,
    My menstrual cycle is regular and lasts for 5 days but I have less bleeding. And blood comes in clots.. Can I use ashokarishta for this problem?
    If not then what product would be useful?

Madam, You can take Ashokarishta. But would advise to take a expert opinion for the same. Doctor will fix the dosage taking into consideration several factors including the age and health.

91. I suffer through pcos. Can I use ashokarist for regular periods?

92. can v take this product for irregular periods.I get once in 60 or 70 days.if i take this wil i get regular periods. like once in 30 days.if advicable how much dosage should be taken n after which meal?

93. hi I have irregular periods and pcos I have been taking ashokarisht 3 time a day , the first bottle I drank I got my periods in a view days , I am waiting to have my period again its been 28 days and havnt had period, does this help for irregular period and pcos . I am triying as I want to conceive. have been having irregular period long time.

thanks

gita

Yes it does madam, kindly consult a physician for the dosage as they will prescribe it basing on your constitution, health and age.

94. Hi Dr,

I have hormonal breakouts on my forehead, very pitta aggrivated linked with my cycle. Could ashoka rishtam help to balance this problem?

95. Hi! I am having heavy periods for last 4-5 times. My periods are regular. And my hemoglobin level has become 8.5 my calcium level is also decreasing. I am talking gud diet but still no improvement. Can I take ashokarisht.

96. Dear Dr. Hebber, Can you write about Uterine Fibroids and Cysts? My Dr told me to take Asokaristam and Kumariasava.

97. Hi sir I have a pcos problem. is this helpful to me.

hello madam, only if there is shortening of menstrual cycle, then ashokarishta is useful to lengthen the cycle. If the cycle is are already, this may not be useful.

98. Ishitha says:

Can we take Ashokaristam during 1st week of gestation? Will it cause abortion ?

99. hi, my name is renu. I am suffering from pcos recently .last year in report no pcos but these year in report result was pcos . i heard abt ashokrista. Right now i am using susten 300SR and i have irregular period. can i use these ashokarista to regulate myt period with present medicine & can i get cure fast from pcos.

100. Hi. Is it useful in treatment of melasma .

Madam, For Melasma Maha Manjisthadi Kashaya is useful.

For more information on Ayurvedic medicines for melasma do read this article: http://easyayurveda.com/2015/05/12/treatment-for-freckles-melasma/

• Thanks doctor. please advice the dose.

Hello Madam, The dose is 12 – 24 ml, before food, at about 6 – 7am and 6 – 7 pm or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is usually advised to add equal amount of water to the kashayam.

Note: Please do consult a ayurvedic physician before taking over the counter medication. Because we all are genetically different with different constitutions and patterns, we respond to treatments in many different ways. Hence Standard Ayurvedic Treatments are always individually formulated. And the dosage is taken into consideration seeing several factors which include the age, sex and health of the individual.

101. Hi,is it useful in treatment of melasma on face. Should I take this in case of regular period for treat melasma.

102. age – 14 years. Periods is correct but less blood , just for two days. For this how effective ashokarishta ? Please reply

103. Hello sir,
    I experience heavy bleeding and severe pain along with the clots. Also, my periods goes on for 8 to 10 days. Is ashokarisht beneficial for me?

104. Hello.. I am suffering from delay periods.. I had a miscarriage last month on 12 April. . So my menstrual date got changed coz of that.. 12 th April. . Nd till tht my periods didn’t cme..should I take this.

105. Hi , sir
    I am facing pain in my period this time ..is ashokarishta helpful for me?
    But my date goes for only 3 days …

106. Pratibha Ghunawat says:

Hi how many days are use ashokarist and chandraprabha vati in PCOS case???? I want to pregnancy ……

107. Hi..I am suffering from pcos for last 13 yrs bt i dont hv cysts nw bt still i m nt getting periods..can i take ashokarist??

108. i had pcos but now i took scan no pcos but still i didnt get period for past four month ,,,,can i intake ashokaristam,,,when to take and how much and after food or before food?:can i conceive while taking ashokaristam?

109. My period geting late is ashokarista improve it and also very painful when my period comes and my period comes always late aprox 2 monts

110. sir
    my period getting early….before 10 days of right time…what should i do……Ashokarishta is for me or not??

111. Hi.. …
    I got married before 9 months. I have a problem from last month TSH 10. 38 and endometrial polyp, then bilateral polycystic ovaries…….. Can i conceive while taking ashokarista….

112. I have my period regular with 26 days cycle, I am trying to convince. Can I take ashokarishta twice day? Will it help

113. Hello Doctor,
    I am 33 yrs old
    I have regular periods , but many pre and post menstrual symptoms, one sided headache, body ache.I also feel weakness and vaginal pain during periods.
    Last few months I have seen periods are heavy for the 1st and 2nd days , but almost no bleeding from 3rd day ,. is this normal?
    I have started having Ashokarishta after my periods last month.How will it help me?

114. Hi doctor,

I am 32 and had multiple fibroids ,i had myomectomy on oct 2015,but they were not able to remove one intramural fibroid with size around 7 cm.we are trying for baby,now ayurvedic doctor had given me varanadi kashyam,ashokarishtam,sukuamargritham and gokshurapunarnavadi tablet,will it help me to shrink the fibroid and conceive naturally

115. I m not getting periods for 3 month… or may i hav chance of ovary cyst… i m 20 yrs old.. i hav taking i pills for 2 tyms.. nd now m suffering frm this problm.. is ashokarist is usefull?

• Ashokarishta is not useful in your case. It is hard for me to tell if you have ovarian cyst. Only abdominal USG (scanning) can confirm it. Please consult a doctor.
      Irrational usage of I pill is injurious to female reproductive health. Consider condom, safe period and other methods of contraception.

116. Shivangi Kaushik says:

Hello sir. I am 22 years old. I am having irregular periods and my friend suggested me ashokarishta. My cycle has been shortened and it used to be 28 day cycle .but now the past month it was a 20 day cycle. I also go to the gym. Is excessive exercise a reason to this? Will this medicine be useful? I hv lower back pain during periods. Can this medicine be useful in that too?

• Hi, it probably is due to excessive exercise. Please continue Ashokarishta – 10 ml, twice a day for another 2 months time. If still the menstrual cycle is irregular, consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

117. Sir, an overdose of ashokarishta causes what?

118. Hello doctor
    I have been diagnosed with pcos problem and have irregular periods. The flow is also very less. I mean scanty periods. Also I have put on lot of weight. This is because of the irregular periods and hormonal imbalance. Will ashokaristha and patrangasav combination help to regularise my periods please advice